HEY Royal Caribbean, here is an idea

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

About two weeks ago we had a vaxxed couple spend a couple days with us. They found out they were exposed right before they came.  After having symptoms 3 of the 4 of us tested positive. The 4th one tested negative but symptoms got worse.  None of us were hospitalized.  I am hoping that being vaxxed and having covid lessens the chance of testing positive for our October cruise.

Just wondering why you all made the decision to still have the visit together, knowing the couple had been exposed. Why take that chance with this highly transmissible variant?

Edited by coffeebean

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I think he means the 45% of the US population that have no intention of ever getting vaxed 

57.45% have already been vaccinated (and the number is rising every day), so not sure if 45% not getting vaccinated is accurate.

Edited by time4u2go

23 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

57.45% have already been vaccinated (and the number is rising every day), so not sure if 45% not getting vaccinated is accurate.

You are right, the number should be 42.06 %. So sorry to mislead. Hope you feel better and justified.. FYI only 49% of US is fully vaccinated. That would leave 51% for  a fully unvaccinated cruise. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

There's no reason now for fake id's with Royals new testing rules. This isn't what I signed up for, but it's too late to change cruise lines for what we want. I would've booked  the Encore instead of the Ovation if I knew about the pre cruise testing This is for Alaska out of Seattle.

I think you can get a refund or FCC still because of their policies.

On 8/3/2021 at 8:14 PM, newcruzer2 said:

Why not do 2 kinds of cruises...

100% vaccinated from states allowing that (meaning 100% NO EXCEPTIONS) and

Cruises for unvaxed and mixed 

So that those of us who are vaxed , don't have to mask and test or anything else you makeup tomorrow and add to the protocols.

This could work if people were allowed to lift and shift to different ships on the same week they are already booked on.

At this point I'd give up Symphony for a ship less-than... IF 100% VAXED so I don't have to cancel.

pay attention next time

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Just wondering why you all made the decision to still have the visit together, knowing the couple had been exposed. Why take that chance with this highly transmissible variant?

Maybe because they care for these people.  You know like, love people. Being separated from those people love is painful.

just a thought.

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

They got a text that they were exposed the day after they left our place.  They then let us know.  So with none of us knowing and all vaxxed, we didn’t think we were taking a big chance.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Maybe because they care for these people.  You know like, love people. Being separated from those people love is painful.

just a thought.

Just saw your post after posting the one above. If we all knew before getting together who knows. This all took place 2 1/2 weeks ago.  At that time I didn’t know DV was spreading so easy through vaxxed but also was not concerned to catch covid.  

On 8/4/2021 at 8:29 AM, mek said:

No - Breakthrough  cases are at .08%. The vaccines were never 100%effective - breakthrough cases were expected, but they do provide extremely good protection from serious illness.

If you are vaccinated - stop worrying and live your life.

Which is actually lower than expected.  Moderna efficacy is 94% and J&J is 65%.

Just now, SRF said:

Which is actually lower than expected.  Moderna efficacy is 94% and J&J is 65%.

It was brought to my attention the the .08% is vaccinated people who have been hospitalized, not all breakthrough cases.

Still, if that is the case, the vaccines are working exactly as planned - which is preventing serious illness and death.

Yet, vaccinated people are becoming totally irrational,(IMO), about precautions everyone must take.  They are either concerned about getting Covid or spreading it and the cruise lines are overreacting. 

People are forgetting, or never understood, masking is not about protecting the person wearing the mask.  It is about protecting other people around them.

Unless you are wearing an N95 or higher protection level respirator.  THEN you are protecting yourself also.

Will there be bio-hazard containers around the ship for us to discard the masks we used that are then contaminated with the virus?  Because that's what medical facilities do with bio-hazardous waste.  And these paper masks are then contaminated on the inside with the virus, right?  But not on the outside because the virus just goes right through when you inhale but is trapped in the mask when you exhale, thus protecting those around you.  Have I got that right?  Anyway, what should we do with the bio-hazardous waste masks? 

21 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Will there be bio-hazard containers around the ship for us to discard the masks we used that are then contaminated with the virus?  Because that's what medical facilities do with bio-hazardous waste.  And these paper masks are then contaminated on the inside with the virus, right?  But not on the outside because the virus just goes right through when you inhale but is trapped in the mask when you exhale, thus protecting those around you.  Have I got that right?  Anyway, what should we do with the bio-hazardous waste masks? 

Excellent question... I mean if we are worried about plastic straws...with masks you have both the environmental impact and bio-hazard.