Taking drinks out of bar

Poppie55

On 8/4/2021 at 3:37 PM, Mike981 said:

And as you head back to your room, you can ask for your favorite alcohol strait in a glass and build up a nice little  setup in your room. Easy for me as I like whisky and water, the biggest concern is ice.

Have a great trip!

Could you ask your cabin steward to make sure you have ice in your cabin at night?  I only asked for it once per day and our steward saw to it there was in our cabin most of the day!

On 8/4/2021 at 8:59 PM, DENIE said:

We always do this - any bar will allow you to take your drink with you, typically.  We especially like to stop at a bar on the way back to our room for a nice glass of wine to enjoy on our balcony.  You also will see people walking all over the ship with a drink in hand.

We used to enjoy seeing what new drink one of our evening dinner mates would bring to the MDR.

I always make it a point to ask for my drink “to go” when I plan on leaving with a drink. 

I usually make a stop and ask for a double neat when retiring for the night.  When I get to the room I put a piece or two of ice, we ask the steward to fill the ice bucket twice a day,  in one of the glasses in the room and pour half of my double over the ice.  When I finish that and the add a cube or two of ice to the original glass.  

like someone else said, a nightcap or two on the balcony before bed is very relaxing. 

Yes, indeed. No problem at all taking a drink to go. 

And, yes, some restaurants will give you a to-go glass for wine because they'd rather keep their Riedel intact and on board. Hard to blame them. 

4 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Don't forget to switch your drink to a plastic cup if you take a drink from the bar out to the pool deck. They usually don't want glass out there.

I've always heard that. I like Red Stripe beer and get it from one of the roving servers or I go to the pool/mast bar and get it myself and it's always in the traditional glass bottle. FWIW I always sit on the deck above the pool deck enjoying my beer. Much better views and more unoccupied loungers.  

12 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

Could you ask your cabin steward to make sure you have ice in your cabin at night?  I only asked for it once per day and our steward saw to it there was in our cabin most of the day!

Yes I have and most of the time they do a great job. I believe it depends on what time they do turn down service and what time I come back to the room.

14 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

Not a problem.   I always ask for Ice 2x a day and has never been a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not a problem.   I always ask for Ice 2x a day and has never been a problem.

Our experiences also. We always tell the stateroom attendant on the first day of the cruise during their introduction what we would like or nor like. Never a problem. Always great service. 

On 8/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, HskrCrsr said:

We have had servers pour our drinks out of special glasses into standard glasses to take the drinks out of Blu. So the drinks can go, but not all glasses can.

Boy are they protective of the glasses in Blu. One evening my wife had a half a glass of wine left, we innocently walked to the cabin to finish it. We returned with the glass the next evening and almost got tackled at the door.

In a VERY loud voice we were asked "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT GLASS?"

All we could say is here, last night........

We won't do that again!

• Haha 2

On 8/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, jelayne said:

Yes you can take drinks from a bar to your cabin.  Retreat Lounge is on Deck 5

Confirmed as of Jul2021 - Retreat Lounge is Deck 5 just off the Ensemble Lounge area and next to entrance to Murano.

16 minutes ago, Tipsy252 said:

Confirmed as of Jul2021 - Retreat Lounge is Deck 5 just off the Ensemble Lounge area and next to entrance to Murano.

Formerly Michael's Club.  Right by the old Piano Bar where superstar Perry Grant used to perform....

Edited by keesar