The Daily for Thursday August 05, 2021

richwmn

13 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Today is our 43rd wedding anniversary. Hard to believe. It has been a journey that is for sure. But it is great to be at this point of our lives still preferring each others company. We are truly blessed.

Happy Anniversary!!!  I hope you both enjoy your special day. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Forgive me for posting your picture Pat and Bob @bobpatj but I thought this is most appropriate .

Happy 60th Anniversary ! And many , many more ! 

IMG_7177.thumb.JPG.1c8e5cabfd4f4271a63938901c637860.JPG

Martha and Tony .😄😄

Great picture of Bob and Pat!  

Happy 60th Anniversary to you!!🍾🥂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Just spent the morning trying to figure out where I could get my COVID PCR test locally and have results prior to boarding NA. Walgreens was a “no go” so then I started scrambling.  Then, easiest of all- the local Health Dept. has results in 24-36 hours.

Could you please post the website? I’ve also had a hard time finding a test. CVS has no appts for the next two weeks, other sites cannot guarantee results by the time I sail. Plus most places are “drive-thru” and I won’t have a car. I can just imagine the taxi/rideshare driver’s face when I say I want to be taken to get a COVID test. 😨 TIA! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Could you please post the website? I’ve also had a hard time finding a test. CVS has no appts for the next two weeks, other sites cannot guarantee results by the time I sail. Plus most places are “drive-thru” and I won’t have a car. I can just imagine the taxi/rideshare driver’s face when I say I want to be taken to get a COVID test. 😨 TIA! 

@dobiemomIf this directed to me, I do not have a website.  I was just making calls locally.  My Health Dept is in Colorado in the county in which I live.  Perhaps I am not understanding your question.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

@dobiemomIf this directed to me, I do not have a website.  I was just making calls locally.  My Health Dept is in Colorado in the county in which I live.  Perhaps I am not understanding your question.

My bad. I thought you meant the health dept in Seattle. I’ll look it up. 🙂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Unfortunately, Nieuw Amsterdam is alone in Ketchikan today so it is probably people with HAL.  Prayers being offered.

Roy

This is terrible news.

Prayers to the family and friends🙏

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

So incredibly sad 😢 My heart goes out to the lost passengers & pilots, their families and everyone on board the N Amsterdam 💔 Prayers for them all 🙏🏻 

9 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The captain just announced that HAL shore side team will help the families make arrangements.  We will be leaving shortly.   We are expected to arrive in Seattle on schedule. 

9 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I forgot to mention.   Counseling is available to any guest who wants it.

Thanks very much for these 2 updates, Jake.  What a sad duty the shore side team has 😔 

• Like 4