Any Canadians now cruising

trtog7

12 hours ago, cruiztime said:

Happy it all worked out for you Russ with the testing. What was your plan if anyone in your travelling party tested positive? 

That would have been horrible.  We talked about if one of us tested positive, would we even be permitted to cruise.  I do not know the answer to that.  We decided that if one of us tested positive, we would have to cancel the cruise.  RCCL has stated that if one of your party tests positive, your party can cancel and get a full refund.  Our flights both down to FLL with Air Canada and back to DTW with Delta were both offering the option to cancel for a future credit.  Our hotel stays in Florida were cancelable as well.

We were tested on the Sunday and all tested negative, 3 days prior to our rapid test done just before boarding the plane to Florida, so we were pretty sure that nobody would test positive 3 days later, but we could not be 100% sure.  It was nerve-wracking waiting for the results to come in.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 12:05 AM, Russ Lomas said:

That would have been horrible.  We talked about if one of us tested positive, would we even be permitted to cruise.  I do not know the answer to that.  We decided that if one of us tested positive, we would have to cancel the cruise.  RCCL has stated that if one of your party tests positive, your party can cancel and get a full refund.  Our flights both down to FLL with Air Canada and back to DTW with Delta were both offering the option to cancel for a future credit.  Our hotel stays in Florida were cancelable as well.

We were tested on the Sunday and all tested negative, 3 days prior to our rapid test done just before boarding the plane to Florida, so we were pretty sure that nobody would test positive 3 days later, but we could not be 100% sure.  It was nerve-wracking waiting for the results to come in.

Great hearing your experience.  I saw your posts too on the Royal board (stress with the vaccines).  So glad it worked out...and must have been amazing to try Odyssey with no crowds.  Our next cruise is December and hoping to make that one. One question that may be silly...for vaccine proof, you had no problem showing them the pdf print outs?  We don't quite have vaccine cards as you hear in the US.  Smart idea to print one version with dose1 and dose2 and then another version just with dose 2

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Great hearing your experience.  I saw your posts too on the Royal board (stress with the vaccines).  So glad it worked out...and must have been amazing to try Odyssey with no crowds.  Our next cruise is December and hoping to make that one. One question that may be silly...for vaccine proof, you had no problem showing them the pdf print outs?  We don't quite have vaccine cards as you hear in the US.  Smart idea to print one version with dose1 and dose2 and then another version just with dose 2

They were absolutely fine with the printed PDF of our vaccination records.  The agent seemed a bit confused when he first saw them (likely he had never seen any from Ontario before).  He looked at the copy with the details of the 2nd dose and then asked about the 1st dose record because he had to record the date of the 1st dose down.  That is when I pulled out the copy of the 1st dose to show him.  I was just curious for others here if they would only request the copy of the 2nd dose or not.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

They were absolutely fine with the printed PDF of our vaccination records.  The agent seemed a bit confused when he first saw them (likely he had never seen any from Ontario before).  He looked at the copy with the details of the 2nd dose and then asked about the 1st dose record because he had to record the date of the 1st dose down.  That is when I pulled out the copy of the 1st dose to show him.  I was just curious for others here if they would only request the copy of the 2nd dose or not.

Great.  Thanks for getting back to me.  Guess they also needed to confirm the first dose to be sure they were the same type as per current policy.

Hello

We have a trip booked with Carnival for b2b Starting January 2, 2022.  We are very worried about getting the PCR we are required to come home as Carnival has now stopped doing them for international travels.  Any suggestions?  Anyone sailed or sailing Carnival now, soon or past.

Thanks in advance

9 hours ago, sunnydelyght said:

Hello

We have a trip booked with Carnival for b2b Starting January 2, 2022.  We are very worried about getting the PCR we are required to come home as Carnival has now stopped doing them for international travels.  Any suggestions?  Anyone sailed or sailing Carnival now, soon or past.

Thanks in advance

Where are you flying out of?  FLL and MIA both offer the Rapid PCR (RT-PCR) tests for around $159/$179US with results back in 1 hour.  You can book them a few weeks in advance.  Maybe make sure your flights are schedule for later in the day.

You can find the info on both airports' websites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Where are you flying out of?  FLL and MIA both offer the Rapid PCR (RT-PCR) tests for around $159/$179US with results back in 1 hour.  You can book them a few weeks in advance.  Maybe make sure your flights are schedule for later in the day.

You can find the info on both airports' websites.

Thanks.  We are flying out of Orlando.  

On 9/1/2021 at 12:49 AM, sunnydelyght said:

Hello

Thanks in advance

Hi, we just got off the Magic a few days ago and did our PCR at MCO morning of... we did end up getting our results but make sure you have an appointment and leave ample time to get them if you plan to get the test and depart same day, as it was pretty chaotic at MCO testing centre, with some not getting their results in time for their flight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Hi, we just got off the Magic a few days ago and did our PCR at MCO morning of... we did end up getting our results but make sure you have an appointment and leave ample time to get them if you plan to get the test and depart same day, as it was pretty chaotic at MCO testing centre, with some not getting their results in time for their flight.

Glad it all worked out for you.  I'd spoil my cruise worrying whether we'd get the results back in time for our flight home.    😬   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good ol’ Don Terris is cruising again. He and Tony (La Lido Loca) are sailing today on the Majestic Princess out of Seattle to Alaska. Don is doing a B2B.

He has a video up stating not one time through three airports was he asked for his US attestation form or covid test results.  He flew from Ottawa to Vancouver to Seattle. 

• Like 1

We were on the Celebrity Equinox on August 27. Flying down we uploaded our test results and they were approved in advance, the Air Canada agent required us to show them to her on check in at the airport and there were people collecting and reviewing the attestation forms in Toronto airport (connection section as we flew from Edmonton to Toronto to Fort Lauderdale) before we went back through security and then to customs. 

• Like 1

With the Feds continuing to not recommend cruising, is it even possible to get insurance for COVID illness related expenses?

My family of 5 is all double vaxxed , and do not have any preexisting health issues. However with the level 4 travel advisory , in the off chance something happens to one of us on the ship , I still want to get some form of insurance if possible .

1 hour ago, peacefrogdog said:

With the Feds continuing to not recommend cruising, is it even possible to get insurance for COVID illness related expenses?

My family of 5 is all double vaxxed , and do not have any preexisting health issues. However with the level 4 travel advisory , in the off chance something happens to one of us on the ship , I still want to get some form of insurance if possible .

This thread will help you

4 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

I think Blue Cross is only for Ontario and Quebec.  When I called they said no for Alberta.

I had success with Johnson insurance for medical coverage for COVID, but no trip cancellation or trip interruption.

My work plan (NS) is blue cross and they told me cruises and covid are covered.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

My work plan (NS) is blue cross and they told me cruises and covid are covered.

Thanks for the update. Actually, I think if you have a Blue Cross work plan in Alberta you may be able to get Covid coverage too. But I think the Alberta website says they are not covering cruises at all right now with the government warning. 

Edited by AlbertaCruisers
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 5:52 PM, vicruiser2013 said:

Unfortunately had to cancel a November Princess cruise today due to being mixed vax'd, since final payment was due this week.

I realize everything is a moving target, but hoping the black sheep (Us mixed vax'd folks) will be allowed to cruise this winter. 

I find it frustrating the Canadian government said they are actively engaged in having mixed vaccinations recognized, and then not a word for weeks on end.

Good luck to all those that can get back to the seas!

Which vaccines do you have?

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 5:33 PM, peacefrogdog said:

Blue Cross is covering cruising if you are in Ontario and I believe also Quebec. They told me it's just included in their regular emergency medical coverage now, but note that their policy only covers medical, not quarantine expenses. Hopefully you're sailing with a line that provides something to help with that if you test positive.