Aug 7th W-E-W Caribbean Edge Cruise - B3B

Ken the cruiser

1 minute ago, countess5 said:

Ken

I have said this before, you have been a mountain of information and interaction of experiences! Do you realize you have #421 now #422 post on this thread? 

You have been an outstanding cruise buddy and when we board on Saturday I will “try” to remember all you have shared. 

Enjoy your night and your last full day. 

We are with you being retired and able to cruise or do what ever we want to do! 🤣

Blessings to you and the DW! 

Cheers! 

Seriously...Ken has been a wealth of information. Every time he mentioned something of interest I would make a mental note. Thanks for all your hard work doing this! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Seriously...Ken has been a wealth of information. Every time he mentioned something of interest I would make a mental note. Thanks for all your hard work doing this! 

I was serious. 🤣

Now #427? 😂

Cheers! 

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2021 at 10:52 PM, Edward51 said:

Thanks for all the great tips and insight.

I am curious as to why you rated Le Grand Bistro as number 1 of the speciality restaurants.

I did read the further  explantion below but would say we really enjoyed Le Grand Bistro for lunches.  Had a great view,  quiet upscale ambiance,  excellent menu choices and service of food and wine.  Sent us away with a dessert selection,

Also good for fresh take away sandwiches.

We do not do Le P chef so now idea   how the space is for that,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Nope, still no positive cases that we’ve heard about. Just another fun cruise so far with no real drama to report. I must say I’m sure Celebrity is happy about this, especially after they had that embarkation fiasco when trying to give embarkation antigen tests as well as when they had to make the emergency detour on Aug 6th to Grand Turks Island because of the non-COVID medical emergency. 😎

yeah, that was the Edge cruise that left the day before our Equinox sailing. Rode back to Atlanta on the plane with a couple of those folks who missed their Saturday flight home. Despite compensation, they were not happy campers.

39 minutes ago, LucyTX said:

Captain Just announced first COVID case onboard. People who had been in contact tested negative!  

Success will be when those people can be safely quarantined on board, and don't have  to be disembarked if they are asymptomatic or have only minor symptoms. There was one case, no positive contacts on the last night of our Equinox cruise and they were disembarked in Florida - don't know what happened then.

I guess my “knocking on wood” didn’t work. We heard from the Captain over the loud speaker at dinner a little after 5:30 pm about two people who tested positive for COVID after taking their required PCR tests for their flight back home to their country on Saturday. From what she said, they are both vaccinated, have minor cold symptoms and have been quarantined. They have also tested those folks identified through contact tracing who have come in contact with these two people and the results have all come back negative.

So from our perspective the Edge COVID protocols have been put into place and the Captain and crew have everything well under control as it should be. Hopefully these two folks will remain well enough until we get back to Ft Lauderdale. Not quite sure what happens then, but that’s not our concern. 

We have one more day of fun to look forward to in Nassau before we head back to Port Everglades. Also found out this evening that the only folks allowed to get off tomorrow in Nassau, due to the recent stricter protocols enacted for cruise ships, will be those that have booked Celebrity excursions. As I mention earlier we have a Celebrity Harbor Tour booked, so at least we’ll get off the ship for a couple of hours to look at wildlife. 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

about two people who tested positive for COVID after taking their required PCR tests for their flight back home to their country on Saturday.

If they had PCR test, are they from Canada?  What I've heard about previous cases is that the people are taken off ship at next port and flown home on private transport at Celebrity's expense 

4 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

If they had PCR test, are they from Canada?  What I've heard about previous cases is that the people are taken off ship at next port and flown home on private transport at Celebrity's expense 

Unfortunately, the Captain didn’t say what country they were from, so I really don’t want to speculate. The same goes for what’s going to happen to them when we get to Nassau tomorrow morning. If we hear anything definitive, I’ll let you know.

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

@Ken the cruiser….said it before, but worth repeating….thanks for your report and the pics.  Always good to see others having a good time on board.

Just as an observation, looks like they’re swapping out guest entertainment almost weekly.  Violinist looks like a fun show.

Thanks. If you haven’t been able to tell, we’ve had a blast on this cruise! 😎

From what we can tell, most of the entertainers stick around for 2 weeks and then move on, except for Charity Lockhart, the “Aretha Franklin” lady, and her daughter. They’ve been here for all 3 of our cruises.

• Like 4

I am so confused. We just heard over the Carnival ship loud speakers that their passengers are now allowed to leave the ship, and there are A LOT of passengers now debarking, but of course have to wear a mask …

However, folks on the Edge are only allowed to go ashore if you are on a Celebrity sponsored excursion. It appears some cruise ships interpret the Nassau rules one way while others interpret them totally different. Should be interesting to see what happens as our last day in port evolves. 😎

image.jpg

Edited by Ken the cruiser

14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just got back from watching a new entertainer on the Edge who was a high powered violinist, Katerina Rossa, and had a great time! 😎

We saw her on the first Edge TA - April 2019 - and she was one of our favorites. Good to know she’s back onboard for awhile🙂 Hope you and your DW have a great time on your Nassau excursion!

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

@Ken the cruiserThanks for taking us along with you on your b2b2b . You shared great info, beautiful pictures and especially the joy of cruising on the Edge.

Thanks! I’m glad you were able to tag along! We definitely have had fun cruising again on this wonderful ship and to be honest, we’re glad we did it now rather than waiting until our Nov cruise on the Apex. We wish we could always sail on ships that were around 40% of capacity, but we know one day they will ramp back up once the pandemic is in everyone’s rearview mirror. But it definitely has created some memories we will not soon forget, to include some we haven’t mentioned.

Like wondering why an older couple was allowed to have a pair of Yorkshire Terrier “service dogs” onboard the last 2 legs that were at most 15” long, 9” high and on Chic night were paraded around on their leashes near the Martini Bar in tuxedos! We also saw them earlier in a baby stroller. We eventually came up with a theory as to why they were even allowed to be on the ship, but they definitely made for great conversation with the crew. 😎

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1