Eurodam

Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

0806World.thumb.png.81493d2e78a8b7357eb534eda9073d1b.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  I'll salute fresh breath and toe wiggling, Hiroshima is a sad remembrance.  I love the Sandburg quote.   I have not been to Albany but think I have been close.  I'll pass on the Catfish.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Chilled Carrot and Orange Soup with Cumin, and Braised Lamb Shank as served on MS Prinsendam August 6, 2011.

Today’s care list:

Those on the float plane that went down and their families
 Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires    
DurangoScots shelter manager undergoing dialysis
Kazu’s friend with fall and brain bleed(Out of ICU)
St Louis Cruisers brush with Covid and missing graduation
Ger_77's friend recovering from  mastectomy
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
From the rotation:
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe
Tana back in the hospital

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Neptune suite for Aliaschief
Front Line Health Care Workers

CrazyForCats on Nieuw Amsterdam
Congrats cunnorl on 43 years and a day
Congrats bobpatj on 60 years
Ger_77's family visit
Happy birthday kb4863 DH
First jab for erewhon
garlictown in Maui
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  I'll salute fresh breath and toe wiggling, Hiroshima is a sad remembrance.  I love the Sandburg quote.   I have not been to Albany but think I have been close.  I'll pass on the Catfish.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Chilled Carrot and Orange Soup with Cumin, and Braised Lamb Shank as served on MS Prinsendam August 6, 2011.

Today’s care list:

Those on the float plane that went down and their families
 Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires    
DurangoScots shelter manager undergoing dialysis
Kazu’s friend with fall and brain bleed(Out of ICU)
St Louis Cruisers brush with Covid and missing graduation
Ger_77's friend recovering from  mastectomy
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
From the rotation:
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe
Tana back in the hospital

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Neptune suite for Aliaschief
Front Line Health Care Workers

CrazyForCats on Nieuw Amsterdam
Congrats cunnorl on 43 years and a day
Congrats bobpatj on 60 years
Ger_77's family visit
Happy birthday kb4863 DH
First jab for erewhon
garlictown in Maui
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy Thanks for both lists.  It was wiyh a heavy heart we learnded of the Float plane going down  at Ketchikan area.

• Like 14

Rich:

Thank you FOR the DAILY Fleet Report.   The meal sounds good.  I don't think I could handle a boilermaker.  It is an iffy day in Naperville.  The weather says some storms and maybe hail.   I was 2 weeks short of my sixth birthday when the first atomic bomb was dropped om Hiroshima.   Have a great day. Prayers for those lost in  the float plane crash. 

• Like 13

I have just discovered this 'daily' thread...saw it on the list each day but clicked on it today for the first time.  What a wonderful way to stay connected.

If it's ok...I'll stay a while and get to know you all a bit more.  

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, msmayor said:

I have just discovered this 'daily' thread...saw it on the list each day but clicked on it today for the first time.  What a wonderful way to stay connected.

Most certainly!  Welcome aboard.

Roy

• Like 13

Good morning, everyone.  

I began today with a pause in memory of those on the float plane out of Ketchikan.   How sad for their families and for the rest of the passengers on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  

Welcome, @msmayor!

It is going to be a warm one here in Ohio.   I have to drive to Columbus for a meeting with the new director of the nurses association.  I was hoping to get her set up with my people in Columbus, but she was willing to get in the car and drive up here to meet with me.  So, since everyone else is in Columbus, I get to do the driving.  

The first thing I do when I come in the house is to kick off my shoes so my toes can wiggle away.  Fresh breath is a must!  As Roy said, Hiroshima is a sad remembrance.

Today's meal sounds good. I'll have to give this a try.  I do like Cajun/Creole cooking.  

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/38107/barlows-blackened-catfish/

916040550_Barlows3.jpg.f8908bc6829cdee803c3a86342e457c7.jpg

107327643_Barlows2.jpg.779748aa9bb437891a2fea2fa7d4d214.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone, welcome @msmayor please join us, we’re quite a friendly bunch.  Today is a sad remembrance of Hiroshima, fresh breath is always preferable.  My toes will soon have shoes covering them so I’ll have to wiggle them now.  The quote is so true, look how Camilla has influence us in one way or another.  The catfish sounds delicious.  Haven’t been to today’s port so I’ll enjoy the photos.  Prayers to all on our list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.

• Like 21

Good morning all.

Before reading here I saw the mention of the floatplane missing; checked the news sites and saw passengers and pilot did not survive. My heart breaks for their families and also everyone on the NA. What a sad return to Seattle. I’m sure I’m not the only one here that has taken the Misty Fjords excursion. My first one was cancelled at the last minute because of bad weather. I finally got to do it several cruises later-the pilot welcomed us by saying the Misty Fjords weren’t misty today and indeed it was a day of clear skies and gorgeous sunshine. I guess we are always aware that there is a danger in some of our adventures (I remember the disclaimer I signed to take a zodiac to a beach hike, scary), but things are usually okay, until they are not.

My prayers to all affected by this tragedy. 🙏.

St Louis Sal

Edited by St. Louis Sal
Typo corrected
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Welcome

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Good morning and welcome!
I don’t post much but I read this every day. It’s the nicest, friendliest thread on the HAL forum. 😊 

• Like 24

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

You've been away for a while.  Welcome back.

Roy

Thanks! Sailed on an "Iceland Natural Beauty" cruise and roadtrip around Iceland. But now looking forward to our booked cruises on HAL!

Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 16

Good  morning  to  all. Hiroshima is a  sad  remembrance, as  @rafinmd,said. It is  also  so  sad  about  the  lives  lost  yesterday on  the  plane  near  Ketchikan.

I  can however,  happily  wiggle  my  toes  and  celebrate  fresh  breath. Miss  Camilla  is  an  example  to  our  family of  both a  struggle  and  persistence   with  a  dose  of  optimism  thrown in. The  human  spirit is  an  amazing  thing.

The  recipe  looks  good and  will  be  tucked  away  for  another  day. I was  already  outside  grilling  vegetables  to  have  with  our BBQ  chicken later. It  is  really  humid  again  and  I  decided  to  get  the hottest  jobs  done  early.

@kb4863,  Happy  Birthday  to  your  DH

@aliaschief, enjoy  that  suite!

@bobpatj, Happy  Anniversary,one  day  late. 60 years!

We  have  not  been  to  the  port  but  look  forward  to  pictures.

Terry

• Like 24

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our TGIF smile 🙂 

Hiroshima is a sad memory but one never to be forgotten.  My toes get wiggled a lot as they are always in my Birks or bare feet as soon as it starts to warm up.

9A9E2081-1A77-4ED7-8514-8AF5B2CD4D7D.jpeg.6e9c8af3a9d37b0ab419f7e24ea89bd3.jpeg

Love the Sandburg quote 👍 The meal suggestion sounds wonderful.  Wish we could get catfish here 😞 

So heartbreaking to hear of the loss of lives on the float plane 💔 Our prayers for them, their family and all those on the N Amsterdam who must be feeling the pain 🙏🏻 

It’s still raining here.  Thanks Mother Nature but I’m sure that our well is full so please send it out West where it is needed.

7C22C28B-D635-4B93-8445-1BB6DAB52520.thumb.jpeg.db1e215d7e6af6ca6406da6d2e607136.jpeg

Garden Club participants - if you like to start flowers by seed, along with my malva I showed the other day, I’m really pleased with the Lavatera.  The plants were really small when they went in and they are huge and the first one has started blooming.  

A3F8BC99-6B0D-4085-AF98-1A0C20669D90.thumb.jpeg.f638c3169ba04173f0392dc3c28747c8.jpeg

It’s a shame they are an annual here but I will definitely do them by seed again 👍 

6DCD2A37-E31B-43E6-9FEC-13AE41FEFFDB.thumb.jpeg.063dcd98154e882107f3143265d14e38.jpeg

Welcome to the Daily @msmayor

Just some daylilies 

884A6445-3DBC-4B6B-A6AA-A41FFF48937A.thumb.jpeg.78da37657af606f9e33cfb303c35ecb9.jpeg

86793388-E436-44C9-8073-61F7FB381458.thumb.jpeg.93e03d166ef93ef2bee9c7d4a5955cf4.jpeg

3936468C-F5A6-44DC-89A8-90C8584EB51E.thumb.jpeg.abb2f2e4b125b336740c56f2181f32a5.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great TGIF everyone!!

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

@msmayor, I hope you won't mind but I took a look at your activity and wanted to respond to one thing.  I've done On Deck For A Cause on Pinnacle ships twice and thought they went quite well.  There was one modification.  On most ships the walk starts on the port side and heads off to the aft.  On both Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam the group assembled in the Dutch Cafe and started walking forward on the starboard side.  By the time the group got around to the narrow section by the dining room the group had spread out enough that the traffic still flowed pretty smoothly.

Roy

• Like 17

Good morning.  Prayers for the family and friends of the plane crash in Alaska.  Happy to take a fresh breath everyday.  And living in Florida I wiggle my toes all the time since I rarely wear shoes.  Love the Sandburg quote, hence our "love" for Miss Camilla.  Will pass on the meal, and have not been to Australia.  The long flight keeps us away.

Hugs, prayers, and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Boilermaker:

The Boilermaker is a very classic old cocktail. It’s basically a shot of liquor served with a glass of beer. It really is just that simple.
You can either drop the shot into the beer and chug it, or you can drink the shot quickly and then sip the beer slowly. Either way, it’s hardly one of those society drinks that’s out to impress somebody.
Ingredients
1 ounce whiskey (usually bourbon or rye)
8 ounces beer
Steps
Pour the whiskey into a shot glass.
Fill a pint glass halfway with beer.
Drop the shot glass into the beer.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 8.03.14 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks for the Friday Daily Report.

We must remember Hiroshima.

And fresh breath should be every day.  And wiggling toes is fun.

Great quote from Carl Sandburg.

I'm not sure about catfish, but I'd love Roy's meal suggestion.

I'll pass on the boilermaker.  Hope the wine is good.

Another port I have not visited, so I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

Special prayers for the friends and families of those killed on the tragic float plane crash.

Welcome @msmayor

@kazu thanks for the flower pictures, I love seeing your garden.

• Like 21