Miami sailings

dogboy

1 hour ago, dogboy said:

Are NCL ships actually sailing out of Miami now. I know they are booking but are ships actually sailing.Thank you

No. Not scheduled to sail yet. Why do you ask? 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'll add...

August 7 Encore will be the first NCL ship to sail on this side of the pond.

August 15: Gem is scheduled to be the first to sail from Maimi.

Than you. I'll look for those. 

On 8/6/2021 at 6:31 PM, mrlevin said:

How long can NCL wait on Judge in Florida before pulling plug on 15 August Gem?

I think they will comply with the law rather than cancel the Gem.  Other cruise lines have developed ways around the law.  No legal expert expects the law to be upheld.  Businesses are free to forbid NO SHOES NO SHIRT NO SERVICE so during a pandemic its reasonable to request a vaccine.  There is just too much case law allowing businesses to run their business the way they decide to keep their staff and customers safe. Once the law is overturned, it will be full steam ahead.

5 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I think they will comply with the law rather than cancel the Gem.  Other cruise lines have developed ways around the law.  No legal expert expects the law to be upheld.  Businesses are free to forbid NO SHOES NO SHIRT NO SERVICE so during a pandemic its reasonable to request a vaccine.  There is just too much case law allowing businesses to run their business the way they decide to keep their staff and customers safe. Once the law is overturned, it will be full steam ahead.

It is so interesting that the FL Gov is trying to tell a business how to run it self

Ask any conservative business owner or any business owner, they dont want any government interference 

To the OP

With the Covid case count escalating in FL im thinking cruising will be delayed in the US

The cruise lines will continue to sell cruises as they make interest on all the money we give them

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 6:15 AM, dogboy said:

Than you. I'll look for those. 

We cruise on the Gem out of Miami in October.  I am hoping someone from the August sailing does a review like BirdTravels is doing for the Alaska sailing.  I would like to know how the whole boarding process works from Miami.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melodyesch said:

I’m so curious how this is going to play out in Florida.  DH and I are scheduled on the Encore out of Miami in December, but we do not want to go if it’s not 100% vaxed.

Carnival cruise has 26 employees and pasenger with covid. They were all fully vaccinated.

40 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The Gem is boarding right now, and out of the brand new terminal to boot...

nnnnn.jpg

Thank you Sid. The new terminal looks great. Hope all goes smoothly for Gem.

• Like 1

Greetings from South Beach, close enough to POM to hear the triple blast and see my condo as we sail out. Hoping to hear it today. I am booked on NLC 's Encore from Miami in March  and am a cancellation veteran. Hoping for better days now. Bon Voyage to the lucky ones hopefully departing today.

Mary

• Like 1