If carnival truly cared they would lower capacity to 50%

pokerguy90

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

And the FDA has also not YET approved any booster shot.

U.S. prepares to administer 100 million booster shots as Biden tells Americans it will ‘help us end the pandemic faster’ (msn.com)

The vaccines were supposed to protect against serious illness and death. All signs point to them still being successful at reaching these goals.

These really aren't booster shots, but a third shot of a vaccine that already has emergency authorization. The boosters designed for variants come later.

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

These really aren't booster shots, but a third shot of a vaccine that already has emergency authorization. The boosters designed for variants come later.

What part of the FDA has not yet approved the booster shots do you not understand? Political pressure to influence FDA approval is WRONG. It was wrong when done in the last administration, and it is still wrong now.

On 8/19/2021 at 4:33 PM, BlerkOne said:

The people responsible for the most infections - the unvaxed - are who need to take additional precautions or else stay home. People who are doing their part should not be held hostage 

What CCL ship was that poor vacinnated 77 year old woman on that they say caught covid on an excursion in Roatan and had to be airlifted back to the states from Belize and subsequently lost her batttle with covid? Not blaming Carnival.

12 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

What CCL ship was that poor vacinnated 77 year old woman on that they say caught covid on an excursion in Roatan and had to be airlifted back to the states from Belize and subsequently lost her batttle with covid? Not blaming Carnival.

First I heard she caught it on a excursion in roatan. Lol I read a rumor she caught it at a large group in cozumel. How would anyone know where she caught it and had symptoms in a day or two? Maybe she caught it on the way to the ship. 

Rumor mill is hard at work. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

First I heard she caught it on a excursion in roatan. Lol I read a rumor she caught it at a large group in cozumel. How would anyone know where she caught it and had symptoms in a day or two? Maybe she caught it on the way to the ship. 

Correct. These people really have no clue whatsoever on how they caught it.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 9:41 PM, pokerguy90 said:

If carnival truly cared they would lower capacity to 50%.  They launched  with the highest passenger count of the restarts.  Now that numbers are rising due to Delta. Lowering pax capacity is the prudent thing to do.  They are headed for a breakout with the current level of guest capacity. Those numbers are proven with simple  math.  

Well it is that now. The Mardi Gras can have 6.500 passengers. last week there were 2,800.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

While I do not disagree with you or the other poster who said they don't know where they caught it, I just wanted to know which ship.

There is a Canadian TA on you tube who reported the Roatan excursion. Don't shoot the messenger!🙂

Yes, this is ridiculous thinking. I doubt half of the people who test positive know where they got covid from. I know I got it from my husband - but we have no idea where he got it from. I think most people cannot pinpoint who or where they got it from.

• Like 2

You go to a restaurant and get sick after and report it to the restaurant. Who knows if you got sick from the Breakfast earlier that day? People will try to blame others without solid evidence .

2 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Correct. These people really have no clue whatsoever on how they caught it.

But that will never stop them from stating something as if it is a fact because they said so, or they heard it somewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The ship hadn't been to Cozumel and it takes more than a day for it to incubate. She likely was exposed prior to boarding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Yes, this is ridiculous thinking. I doubt half of the people who test positive know where they got covid from. I know I got it from my husband - but we have no idea where he got it from. I think most people cannot pinpoint who or where they got it from.

But they are more than happy to spread a rumor if they think it will get them some money or 5 minutes of fame.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If she was exposed prior to boarding, then she caught it in Texas since she embarked in Galveston. 

Something to consider for those cruising in the near future. Both Texas and Florida are experiencing high infection rates. The ship may be safe, but you have to get to it.

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Who they? No way she could have caught it the day before.

6 hours ago, travelplus said:

You go to a restaurant and get sick after and report it to the restaurant. Who knows if you got sick from the Breakfast earlier that day? People will try to blame others without solid evidence .

Food poisoning can hit really fast. Covid takes a couple days at least before symptoms develop. 

56 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If she was exposed prior to boarding, then she caught it in Texas since she embarked in Galveston. 

She is from Oklahoma. Please stop making up rumors. It could have been anywhere along the way. If you dont know posting guesses is trying to start rumors.

Please stick with what is known   ..such as she came to the cruise from Oklahoma. That's all we know.

• Like 1