Hotel near Port Everglades

CruisingLover

Looking for the best hotel to stay in for 2 nights pre cruise in December for hubby and myself šŸ˜Š

Ā 

We currently have Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street booked but I keep reading not so good reviews on the condition of the rooms šŸ˜¬ Paying approx $280/night so would like to keep in that ballpark.Ā 

Ā 

On that note though, maybe the rooms will be better by December šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

Ā 

Staying 2 nights I would venture a bit away from the port and stay at the Riverside on Las Olas Blvd. The location is great - on Las Olas Blvd (lots of restaurants, shops, galleries, museums) with a water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) stop and on the Sun Trolley Route to the beach (www.suntrolley.com).

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

Define "best". That means many different things to many different people.

Ā 

There are dozens of threads here on recommended hotels on the Florida Departures board, here: (undoubtedly this thread will get moved there)

Ā 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

Ā 

Take a look down thatĀ board.

3 hours ago, CruisingLover said:

Looking for the best hotel to stay in for 2 nights pre cruise in December for hubby and myself šŸ˜Š

Ā 

We currently have Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street booked but I keep reading not so good reviews on the condition of the rooms šŸ˜¬ Paying approx $280/night so would like to keep in that ballpark.Ā 

Ā 

On that note though, maybe the rooms will be better by December šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

Ā 

Don't count on the rooms being better...a few have posted of their very recent stays and very disappointed....Look elsewhere...lots of options.

Ā 

Hyatt Place works well for us and the location...but you may have different needs.

• Like 3

We were just at Embassy suites. Itā€™s a little beat, but close to restaurants and room was clean. We normallyĀ stay at Homewood Suites in Dania Beach, but it was booked so we went to Embassy suites instead.

I stay at Best Western Oceanside, 1180 Sea Breeze, FLL. 100 yards from the beach, free hot breakfast, bar that sells food, $ washer/dryer, regular bus and sun trolley outside the hotel, walking distance to water taxi. Need taxi/Uber to hotel, can sign for $ shuttle to Port Everglades.