Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

On 2/3/2023 at 7:00 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Website cruise personalizer 

Checkin

just below the symbol for google

“Try our website version”

click on that, sign in using your name, booking number, then you’ll see DMW

Do not link anything 

Thanks for this - very useful.

I do have an issue when trying to book speciality dining, when I try the app I get a message stating “An error has occurred” and on the web version I get an error stating “Unable to retrieve guest’s journey information”.

It doesn’t seem to matter which speciality restaurant I choose or which day/time the same error occurs, however I can book MDR dining with no issues. I’m travelling with my wife (both of us are Platinum on Captain’s Circle) and my son (Gold on Captain’s Circle) and our cruise isn’t until late July but I’d rather not wait until we’re onboard to book the reservations.

Does anyone know why I’m getting these error messages or what I can do to get past this stage?

1 hour ago, Walace said:

Thanks for this - very useful.

I do have an issue when trying to book speciality dining, when I try the app I get a message stating “An error has occurred” and on the web version I get an error stating “Unable to retrieve guest’s journey information”.

It doesn’t seem to matter which speciality restaurant I choose or which day/time the same error occurs, however I can book MDR dining with no issues. I’m travelling with my wife (both of us are Platinum on Captain’s Circle) and my son (Gold on Captain’s Circle) and our cruise isn’t until late July but I’d rather not wait until we’re onboard to book the reservations.

Does anyone know why I’m getting these error messages or what I can do to get past this stage?

IDK these errors unless those are errors before final payment.  
As a platinum or elite you should be able to book as soon as you put a deposit on the cruise.

Look at your profile picture, click on it, does it show the correct loyalty level?

Sea witch is silver?

You might send a message to the IT team if your level is incorrect or call into Princess to fix your loyalty level or see if they can book the SD for you?  

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Name

booking no

Ship and sail date

the issue you are having…responses

Type of device you are on

I would go through every entry on the website and see if it looks okay. Then, go to the downloaded App, see if you have any red check marks. Fix them.

Try clearing your cache and history. Try a different device.

Let us know if anything works.

Hi, question about my time dining.

we just booked our cruise for next month on the Regal Princess.  We will be traveling with our kids and have a question about dining.  When I look on the app, I can only book dinner at 8:00pm or later.  That’s not going to work with young kids with us.  Is it possible to just show up and dine in the main dining room when we want, or is a lost cause and we are stuck going to the buffet every night?

thanks

1 minute ago, pilotmanjoe79 said:

we just booked our cruise for next month on the Regal Princess.  We will be traveling with our kids and have a question about dining.  When I look on the app, I can only book dinner at 8:00pm or later.  That’s not going to work with young kids with us.  Is it possible to just show up and dine in the main dining room when we want, or is a lost cause and we are stuck going to the buffet every night?

thanks

Yes you can show up and be seated although it may be a little wait. You are not forced to the buffet 

39 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

How far in advance can you book specialty dining?

Although I'm Elite it says 'check back closer to sailing'!

You should be able to book it.  Did you try on the website version of the App?

Does the downloaded App show your Elite status? Click on your photo

lower right corner, is the sea-witch black?

23 minutes ago, pilotmanjoe79 said:

thanks

When you tried to book, did you use the time’s scrolling to see each individual day at a time?  You might see an earlier time trying each day at s time.

16 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

When you tried to book, did you use the time’s scrolling to see each individual day at a time?  You might see an earlier time trying each day at s time.

Thank you.  I did check most days and 8:00, 8:20, 8:40 are typically available only.  

looks like we’ll just show up and wait a bit.  

1 minute ago, pilotmanjoe79 said:

Thank you.  I did check most days and 8:00, 8:20, 8:40 are typically available only.  

looks like we’ll just show up and wait a bit.  

I would go early.  Go the first night and speak to the DR Mgr/Maitre’d, go early 5pm and ask them to put a reservation in for you and your family at whatever time you prefer.  Tell them to book you for the whole cruise, then you don’t have to wait every night.  If you eat early, 5-530 is usually not crowded.  Just the first night is busy. 
It does get busy 6 and after.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You should be able to book it.  Did you try on the website version of the App?

Does the downloaded App show your Elite status? Click on your photo

lower right corner, is the sea-witch black?

oops, it's been so long and I'm Elite on Celebrity/RCCL, right now only Platinum on Princess.  How far out can I book dining, if you know?

1 minute ago, J18ktleo said:

oops, it's been so long and I'm Elite on Celebrity/RCCL, right now only Platinum on Princess.  How far out can I book dining, if you know?

I always thought Elites and Platinums could book dining after booking with a deposit.  Others after final payment.

Someone correct me, if I’m wrong.

Is your sea witch silver/gray on your photo? 

Did you try booking DMW on the website version of the App?

Are you trying DMW main dining or specialty dining?

I’m beginning to believe the updates last weekend may have caused DMW errors on the App.

How far out is your cruise?

On 2/14/2023 at 6:16 PM, PacnGoNow said:

I would go early.  Go the first night and speak to the DR Mgr/Maitre’d, go early 5pm and ask them to put a reservation in for you and your family at whatever time you prefer.  Tell them to book you for the whole cruise, then you don’t have to wait every night.  If you eat early, 5-530 is usually not crowded.  Just the first night is busy. 
It does get busy 6 and after.

There should be someone available in one of the dining rooms to help with reservations the first afternoon. 

• Like 1

Has anyone had the experience of being in a Club Class Mini Suite and their travelling companions aren't so we all go to the non- suite dining room but can my wife and I receive the option of the extra menu items offered in the suite dining room?

16 minutes ago, peiguy48 said:

Has anyone had the experience of being in a Club Class Mini Suite and their travelling companions aren't so we all go to the non- suite dining room but can my wife and I receive the option of the extra menu items offered in the suite dining room?

I really doubt this would be possible because:

• Logistics:  Sometimes those extra dishes are prepared (or at least the finishing touches added) at your table (which may be across the ship or in another dining room depending on which MDR you are seated in).
  • Galley Protocol: The club class wait staff know who is and isn't a member of their team.  I can't imagine them not questioning any other waiter picking up the club class extra dish in the galley and carrying it to a non-club class table.
  • Common Courtesy:  Finally, would you really want an extra dish your table mates cannot order?

When we were in club class last year we weren't impressed at all with the extra dishes so you may not be missing very much. We did enjoy the service even though we had to wait two nights to get our 'regular' table and team at around 7 pm.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, peiguy48 said:

The regular wait staff is not going to have the option of the extra dishes. Plus if they were to give them to you I would expect other diners would demand them. Some of the extras are spectacular others are just ok. The other issue is the fact that as club class I do not believe you can make reservations on the app so you may have a wait to eat which you would not have in club class 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 8:09 AM, J18ktleo said:

How far in advance can you book specialty dining?

Although I'm Elite it says 'check back closer to sailing'!

I was able to book immediately (but my cruise was then 143 days until sailing). Is you cruise far in the future?

On 2/20/2023 at 8:54 PM, J18ktleo said:

Maybe that's it, we're 188 days out so will see if I can get in at 180 days!

We're 218 days out and I have had my dining reservations for at least 2-3 weeks.
Are you trying to book on the App? Maybe try the web version?

19 hours ago, suzyed said:

We're 218 days out and I have had my dining reservations for at least 2-3 weeks.

Susan,

I KNOW you and I are kindred spirits, we have the same signature 'tag line'!  I'll call Princess and ask, what level are you in loyalty?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

Susan,

I KNOW you and I are kindred spirits, we have the same signature 'tag line'!  I'll call Princess and ask, what level are you in loyalty?

My favorite quote!!  I even have it stenciled on the wall in my dining room!

Elite. Do you think that's why I could book dining early?

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 8:27 PM, pilotmanjoe79 said:

thanks

There have been two lines for the dining room..."reservations" and "without reservations" ....no one really had to wait very long but of course if you go at 5:30 it may be busier.

On 2/22/2023 at 7:50 PM, suzyed said:

I have a cruise booked for April 2024 - currently 402 days out. I booked dining a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1