Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

7 hours ago, SimonTemplar850 said:

"Yes" is not helpful. "Yes" to which part of my question?

Yes, it is still possible to go to a restaurant (actually only one restaurant offers this) and wait until there is a table available for you to be seated.

Wow so frustrating I had booked our dining months ago and when the change came in Sept. I tried to book our dining time on the app but it won't allow me to book at 5pm for a table for 2 in traditional dining for our 26 day cruise so I was on Chat today and the only openings are at 7:30pm way to late for us but I booked it and will see if we can change it when we are on the ship  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

I know some people talk about that you can get the same table if you book the same time for private dining. But if you book shared dining (not traditional) at the same time would you get the same table?

You might get the same table, but it's unlikely you'd have the same people dining with you each night.  

Also a long time CCL cruiser so please bear with me: Enchanted on 9/14. I cruise solo and want to dine solo. So on the app I can request a time for Amalfi for a solo table at a specific time (in 20 minute available options)  each night? 

@Crusin Karen yes you may book for Amalfi DR on the app or web version for dinner . Have you tried it yet? Might not have many spaces open at this point??

but you should try it. It seems as if your cruise is coming up very soon. If you cannot make a reservation right now on the app -wait till you get onboard  & call the dine line or go to the walk-in restaurant, etc.

The Patter( aka newsletter )is usually in your cabin when you arrive if it’s not stop by guest services and get one or see your cabin attendant and ask for one. It usually gives the phone number of the dine line and all the information you need about the restaurants,like opening & closing time,etc.

Also on the app is the journey view -tells information ahead of time.

2 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Crusin Karen yes you may book for Amalfi DR on the app or web version for dinner . Have you tried it yet? Might not have many spaces open at this point??

but you should try it. It seems as if your cruise is coming up very soon. If you cannot make a reservation right now on the app -wait till you get onboard  & call the dine line or go to the walk-in restaurant, etc.

The Patter( aka newsletter )is usually in your cabin when you arrive if it’s not stop by guest services and get one or see your cabin attendant and ask for one. It usually gives the phone number of the dine line and all the information you need about the restaurants,like opening & closing time,etc.

The dine line is usually one of the options shown on your cabin phone. Look for “Dining”

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

No I don’t have the app yet. I’m technically challenged lol! I’ll have to wait until I get on the ship and have them help. I’m really confused because I thought you could make reservations on a day to day basis. I like to see menu for MDR for the day before I decide where to eat. Thanks for other info. I’m sure I’ll figure it all out eventually. It’s a one week

cruise so hopefully before day 6! 🤞

6 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

No I don’t have the app yet. I’m technically challenged lol! I’ll have to wait until I get on the ship and have them help. I’m really confused because I thought you could make reservations on a day to day basis. I like to see menu for MDR for the day before I decide where to eat. Thanks for other info. I’m sure I’ll figure it all out eventually. It’s a one week

cruise so hopefully before day 6! 🤞

All MDR’s have the same menu. If you don’t like the menu your options are buffet, casual dining or specialty dining depending on what is available 

23 minutes ago, memoak said:

All MDR’s have the same menu. If you don’t like the menu your options are buffet, casual dining or specialty dining depending on what is available 

Thank you! Yes that’s same as CCL. That’s what I do: if I don’t like what’s offered in MDR I go someplace else. I’ve never gone hungry yet! 😉

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

As the resident expert in what's happening in each ship's DRs, I am wondering if you - or anyone else who has been on a ship recently - knows if they are reinstituting the "Meet the DRO" session on Embarkation afternoons where guests would go and request a change to their dining arrangements?  Perhaps they are leaving it as it has been since DMW began - up to guests to ad hoc work with a DR Mgr or Host to make a change.

I have definitely seen this year, meet up with dining room staff for changes/problems in the Patter on embarkation day, but I do not remember which ship or what time or what dining room, etc. but I know it has been mentioned.

Have no idea with the new dining program that starts on September 14, any information on that since it hasn’t happened yet.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

I have definitely seen this year, meet up with dining room staff for changes/problems in the Patter on embarkation day, but I do not remember which ship or what time or what dining room, etc. but I know it has been mentioned.

Have no idea with the new dining program that starts on September 14, any information on that since it hasn’t happened yet.

Lol I’ve been giving the wrong info. It will be 16 years 11 months since I cruised on Princess. Not 18 😚. Figured I’d pick 9/14! 

On 9/2/2024 at 11:44 AM, arizonaperson said:

@SimonTemplar850 yes you may dine in the walk in ( open seating) restaurant. On The Island Princess it should be Bordeaux DR.

The choices are: 

Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

The reservable (Flexible is Princesses new term) a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.

Open seating (Princesses new term) AKA walk-in is just that. 

Island Princess-2024 & 2025

Provence( mid forward deck 6)- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Bordeaux (mid forward deck 5)-reservable,every 20 minutes  & walk ins

New to PCL.  Many cruises on CCL and always have selected assigned/traditional seating.  Cruising on Sapphire Princess Alaska itinerary next year.  What we hoped we could so doesn't seem to work.  That said still learning PCL website.  Out plan was to make educated guesses for reservation times based on port/excursion times in either Savoy or Vivaldi dining rooms.  We are fine with the same dining room but wanted to select different times each night.  When I selected the first reservation all looked great.  I went to another day and noticed the time I selected for the first day is set for all days.

Am I doing something wrong or is what I am trying to do not possible?  Our concern is doing walk up having a long wait.  Someone in our party (4) has dietary consideration that we can't wait an hour for a table.  And don't want to force the group to go to buffet if there was a long wait as a walk up.

Also I did try to make private.  Prefer a table just for our group.

Thanks and hope this makes sense.

Edited by l2f

14 minutes ago, l2f said:

New to PCL.  Many cruises on CCL and always have selected assigned/traditional seating.  Cruising on Sapphire Princess Alaska itinerary next year.  What we hoped we could so doesn't seem to work.  That said still learning PCL website.  Out plan was to make educated guesses for reservation times based on port/excursion times in either Savoy or Vivaldi dining rooms.  We are fine with the same dining room but wanted to select different times each night.  When I selected the first reservation all looked great.  I went to another day and noticed the time I selected for the first day is set for all days.

Am I doing something wrong or is what I am trying to do not possible?  Our concern is doing walk up having a long wait.  Someone in our party (4) has dietary consideration that we can't wait an hour for a table.  And don't want to force the group to go to buffet if there was a long wait as a walk up.

Also I did try to make private.  Prefer a table just for our group.

Thanks and hope this makes sense.

There should be one MDR that has 2 sittings for dinner in Traditional ding if that is what you want. There should also be a MDR for walking and one where you can reserve various times

@l2f

You should be able to book Savoy or Vivaldi dining room( the flexible/ reservable DR every 20 minute time increments) on The Sapphire for your party of 4 as long as you are all linked. I think there is a check mark that says -do you want same time every night. Look for that and uncheck it. Yes certain times of the evening you may get private table ,some you are unable.

Never feel forced to go to buffet if you don’t desire that.

Here is what I show for DR.

Sapphire Princess 2024 & 2025

International D.R. (  aft deck 6)- Traditional- ??

Vivaldi & Savoy ( mid deck 5)-reservable every 20 minutes - only option  in App to book so far in July 2024( but not for voyages in 7-2024)

Pacific Moon & Santa Fe-Walk in( mid deck 6)-?? & probably Reserve Collection dining

Edited by arizonaperson

@arizonaperson

Thanks I will log in and check out if there was a same time box.  I don't recall seeing one but again new to PCL.

Logged back on website and I didn't see a box but I switched it to shared table, then it let select different days/times when switched back to private.

Is there a way to reserve in Savoy with other guest that are not linked bookings?

Edited by l2f

I don’t think I understand what you mean by can you book Savoy without linking. You could book the Savoy and they could book the Savoy, but would maybe end up or most probably end up at two different tables unless they try to sort it all out when you arrive to DR. Much easier just to link your friends/family members that you want to dine with when you make the reservation.

Try this.

Go to profile and select your cruise date. You will see "Ocean Ready".

Scroll down to "Journey View". There you will see "Travel Companions. Select that feature and you will see "travel Party" "add guests" Select that and then you can add your friends booking number to link them together.( might be old app)

or

try this- might be new app.

Go to “book dining”, then chose the little heart to view my current reservation, then chose a date and selected “add reservation”, chose a speciality restaurant ( or dining room of choice)then scrolled down to “guests” and clicked on that.  On the resulting page there is a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that then add your shipmates booking number.

or

From inside the app, click the restaurant you want to eat at first, scroll down to ‘guests’, hit the blue pencil edit button left of the pictures, then click the person+ icon up in the top right corner. This is where you add the other parties booking number and get them added to your list of ‘guests’ that you will then be able to add to your reservation.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Try this.

Go to profile and select your cruise date. You will see "Ocean Ready".

Scroll down to "Journey View". There you will see "Travel Companions. Select that feature and you will see "travel Party" "add guests" Select that and then you can add your friends booking number to link them together.( might be old app)

or

try this- might be new app.

Go to “book dining”, then chose the little heart to view my current reservation, then chose a date and selected “add reservation”, chose a speciality restaurant ( or dining room of choice)then scrolled down to “guests” and clicked on that.  On the resulting page there is a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that then add your shipmates booking number.

or

From inside the app, click the restaurant you want to eat at first, scroll down to ‘guests’, hit the blue pencil edit button left of the pictures, then click the person+ icon up in the top right corner. This is where you add the other parties booking number and get them added to your list of ‘guests’ that you will then be able to add to your reservation.

Will adding travel party guests make everything linked together like all dining reservations. We want to pick different couples from the entire cruise group for different nights but no more than 4 a night a table.

• Like 1

Yes main dining room list looks helpful,but blurry.

I have a thread called new dining ship by ship and lists all the dining rooms as Cruise critic members have posted what they’ve been able to reserve for main dining and the location of every dining room by deck.
This a little easier to read quickly than the one I have.

thanks. Do you happen to have one that’s not as blurry

Edited by arizonaperson
Oops as always