Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

7 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Mine are back for the Enchanted March 10th cruise in the original MDR and time!  No reappearances yet of the Caribbean Princess July 2nd and Coral Princess April 2, 2023 reservations. 

Thanks to everyone who provided their own updates and especially to Steelers36 for calling attention to the latest issue!

For me, all restored as it last was - both the B2B2B and the single voyage.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CarChick said:

Has anyone seen a posting of the MDR dinner menus for the Caribbean Princess?  I'm sailing 3/6 and would love to preview of the menus to know which night to skip and go to the Crown Grill.  Thanks!

Have you checked the various 'live from' threads published in the last 2 months? 

• Like 1

All my dining reservations returned for private 4-top at the correct times, but they changed my dining room from midship deck 6 to aft deck 6 (Discovery). When I try to change it back, private table is not available for the midship dining room. Options are "share with others" or "your party will be split."

I have no real reason to prefer the midship dining room except it seemed more convenient for getting to other venues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue_Flame said:

All my dining reservations returned for private 4-top at the correct times, but they changed my dining room from midship deck 6 to aft deck 6 (Discovery). When I try to change it back, private table is not available for the midship dining room. Options are "share with others" or "your party will be split."

I have no real reason to prefer the midship dining room except it seemed more convenient for getting to other venues.

Wondering your Sail Date.  I was thinking they might be adding new inventory, but I still see only 1 DR for Regal in October.

ETA:  You must be adding friends from another cabin (as am I) to make party of 4.  I have had a lot of SPLIT issues when attempting to get PRIVATE.  IDK why they thought a dining party would accept being split up.  

Edited by Steelers36

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Wondering your Sail Date.  I was thinking they might be adding new inventory, but I still see only 1 DR for Regal in October.

ETA:  You must be adding friends from another cabin (as am I) to make party of 4.  I have had a lot of SPLIT issues when attempting to get PRIVATE.  IDK why they thought a dining party would accept being split up.  

You are exactly right. We are adding our traveling companions from another cabin. I agree about the option to split the group--who would want that if you were trying to make a reservation for 4??

We are on Discovery March 27th. When reservations first opened up a few months ago, the aft MDR wasn't even an option. 

3 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

You are exactly right. We are adding our traveling companions from another cabin. I agree about the option to split the group--who would want that if you were trying to make a reservation for 4??

We are on Discovery March 27th. When reservations first opened up a few months ago, the aft MDR wasn't even an option. 

I suppose eventually they will add more DR space to farther out cruises.  PITA for folks who cannot reserve what they want.  Glad you got your table covered.  Make sure on Day 1 to confirm you will have same table and waiters each night.

Oh, scratch that - it looks like you booked varying times.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if I've overlooked this, but is there any way to pre-book specialty dining via the medallion app without pre-paying? 

We received a complimentary dinner as part of a package, but it seems we're unable to make reservations for that dinner without paying out of pocket in advance. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

I'm not sure if I've overlooked this, but is there any way to pre-book specialty dining via the medallion app without pre-paying? 

We received a complimentary dinner as part of a package, but it seems we're unable to make reservations for that dinner without paying out of pocket in advance. 

Some people are getting the SD credit applied and DMW indicates $0 owed, while others are not having their credits recognized.  If you book and pay in advance, just make sure you get a Refundable OBC on the ship.

• Like 1

We have a SD credit (that isn't appearing to use via the app) as well as some OBC we'd like to use, so we're going to wait until we're on board to book our specialty dining for our upcoming Majestic cruise. What is the best way to make reservations on embarkation day? Is the app recommended, or is there a particular place on board we should go? Could we even make them via the app from the terminal while waiting to board? I've occasionally had my app start showing "on ship" mode from the terminal while waiting to board on NCL, not sure if Princess would be similar. 

Dine My Way now has two different user interfaces in the Medallion App.

There is now a link to 'Dine My Way' under 'Personal Information & Documents' and that has the new user interface. This is also accessible in the web based version of the app. In both cases it is not yet fully functional.

Dine My Way is still available in the usual place and reservations can be made there .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

Is there a trick to getting dine my way to work?  I go through all the steps but nothing shows up in my reservations.

Hire new developers?

But seriously folks….  There have been a ton of issues in the last week (especially). Reservations wiped out, people unable to access or submit reservations, etc.   the fact that you were able to get to the point of submitting is a sign of improvement over last week.

Your reservations may actually have been captured, but right now, there’s no way of telling for sure.  Give it a few days and check, and if you don’t see them, try to submit again.

Edited by WAvoyager
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

Dine My Way now has two different user interfaces in the Medallion App.

There is now a link to 'Dine My Way' under 'Personal Information & Documents' and that has the new user interface. This is also accessible in the web based version of the app. In both cases it is not yet fully functional.

Dine My Way is still available in the usual place and reservations can be made there .

It's actually three different links in the MC App.  The Clock & Utensils icon in Ocean Ready header, the link in Ocean Now, and the new line item under "Personal Information & Documents".

I do see it in the web version of Ocean Ready - and it is functional for me.  I can see our existing reservations and also make new ones.  But this is a new view of it all.  So, now DMW presents in two different formats.  Makes me wonder if they are going to phase out the original.  

ETA:  Web version is slow to react when selecting TOD and Res Type.  Just have to be patient.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

It's actually three different links in the MC App.  The Clock & Utensils icon in Ocean Ready header, the link in Ocean Now, and the new line item under "Personal Information & Documents".

I do see it in the web version of Ocean Ready - and it is functional for me.  I can see our existing reservations and also make new ones.  But this is a new view of it all.  So, now DMW presents in two different formats.  Makes me wonder if they are going to phase out the original.  

ETA:  Web version is slow to react when selecting TOD and Res Type.  Just have to be patient.

Ugg I forgot about the Clock & Utensils icon...I guess that is better than hogs at a trough. 😉

• Haha 1

My experience using the web version for the first time:  no issue logging on with my UserID and password for next week's cruise.  It wouldn't allow me to do so for the July cruise.  I had to enter name, birth date, and booking number.  Those who tested this (Accenture) and who approved minimal testing (Princess management) need to be in another line of work.

I checked out our March 10 Enchanted cruise on the web version and it matches the App (hooray!). 

I then checked out our July 2 Caribbean cruise on the web version and I have two active reservations for each day:  my original (pre-last weekend's debacle) and the 'new' one (post-last weekend's debacle). Only the post-debacle entry appears on the APP!  I prefer the pre-debacle entry but when I try to delete the post-debacle entry all I get is the unending white screen. So I'm thinking we're stuck right now with the post-debacle entry but for now I'm just going to leave both on the web version.

I give up worrying about the July cruise until after I return from next week's cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 11:10 PM, Steelers36 said:

I notice now that DMW is no longer a line item under "Personal Information & Documents".

I also notice it is gone from web version.  I am thinking the appearance in MC App was related to adding it to the web version and it must have been prematurely released.

I just got off the ruby princess 1 week ago , I scheduled the set dining on the medalian app before the cruise with the help of a Navigator on the phone from princess , we had same time same table ( private table for 4) every night in the Botticelli dining room same wonderful crew every night , only night we did not go to our dining room ( dinner ) was the night I pre booked for the crown grill ( gift from princess) . This was my first princess cruise ( previous sailed with Royal Caribbean) everything went smoothly setting it up ahead of time was awesome , I waited on hold for around an hour before the cruise for another problem I had with the app and the navigator from princess offered to set up dine my way for me and our entire travel party ( 4 of us) . I was really impressed with the customer service even though I waited a while on hold 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, First time princess said:

I just got off the ruby princess 1 week ago , I scheduled the set dining on the medalian app before the cruise with the help of a Navigator on the phone from princess , we had same time same table ( private table for 4) every night in the Botticelli dining room same wonderful crew every night , only night we did not go to our dining room ( dinner ) was the night I pre booked for the crown grill ( gift from princess) . This was my first princess cruise ( previous sailed with Royal Caribbean) everything went smoothly setting it up ahead of time was awesome , I waited on hold for around an hour before the cruise for another problem I had with the app and the navigator from princess offered to set up dine my way for me and our entire travel party ( 4 of us) . I was really impressed with the customer service even though I waited a while on hold 

That seems relatively new.  I have posed that question before with that team and supposedly they could not setup dining.

• Like 1

I'm sure this has been covered here, but I can't find it, so apologies. I'm back to green lane (again) for 4/11 cruise and trying to reserve the specialty dining promo WITHOUT charging my credit card.  Any suggestions?  Thx....

2 hours ago, julia said:

I'm sure this has been covered here, but I can't find it, so apologies. I'm back to green lane (again) for 4/11 cruise and trying to reserve the specialty dining promo WITHOUT charging my credit card.  Any suggestions?  Thx....

It'd flaky - sometimes it will recognize your credit and sometimes not.  Either wait until on-board or request an adjustment on board.

Perhaps it is just me, but on a cruise costing $5,000 or so, why is there so much angst,  worry and consternation over a $60 dinner  for  two. 

How many man hours have been spent on this thread on this subject ?

Sometimes a sense of priority is needed.