Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

But of course - it's much better on board.

Not necessarily.  I'm currently on the Grand, and when they did the upgrade a week or so ago, everybody lost access to the DMY section, and the Patter.  IMHO, those would likely be the two most important parts of the app to have access to.  

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 10:10 PM, Steelers36 said:

Yes, this non-sensical option can show when looking for a Private table for your dining party.  It means DMW could not find a table just for your party, so it is suggesting to split up.  I am sure most people in the situation would rather share space at a larger table so they could be together.  Another dumb idea probably thought up by an IT person who never cruised.

More likely like an IT person that always ate at their desk and does not understand that people eat at tables 😉

I can make a dining reservation today for August 1 Emerald cruise.  It still only shows 1 dining room and no option of a private table at any time.

Where are the other dining rooms.  There should be at least 1 more on the Emerald.

Deleted app on iPhone to get rid of the erroneous May 4th cruise.

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

A cabin upgrade is not an element of Princess Plus booking option.  You may have booked under the recent Best.Sale.Ever promotion.  One of its features is a cabin category upgrade and you get that whether booking the Plus option or the Saver option. 

To continue, you don't get a cabin upgrade beyond what you booked.  When you did book, categories F thru B were all priced the same, so you could have booked an Inside IB or Balcony BB, for example, and you would have paid the going rate for the IF or BF.  That's all - unless your booking is marked for accepting upgrades and you receive a visit from the upgrade fairy.

Thank you for explaining the Princess Plus Booking procédure.

My agent booked me in E701 and two days later I added PP and he charged me extra for a higher category which he said was required to add PP. And then we paid also to have PP added. That is what puzzles me.

So, I await the upgrade fairy.

i did an amazingly stupid thing in booking PP: assuming that premium coffee, etc., was part of the drinks package. I don’t drink alcohol and so on a 23 day cruise I still have to pay for a cappuccino. That hurts.

Susan

On 3/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, Steelers36 said:

You should have just deleted yourself in DMW the individual nights that were setup and then done the RESERVE FOR SAME TIME EACH DAY option. 

You really have nothing to fear in checking for dining options.  Yes, you get the warning.  But, you are shown availability when you look for other options, but nothing is deleted nor replaced until you take the final step to confirm.  So, you won't lose what you have if checking for space and it doesn't find any.  Only lose what you have if actually delete nights or when a new booking is confirmed.

Decided to give your suggestion a shot since I would be able to back out if I didn’t get a good selection. No luck.  One option was 5 pm which would have been acceptable (or 8 pm - not good) but shared table only. So I’ve got 6 nights in one dining room and Night 1 in another that was made by CS via my TA. I’m thinking that the app doesn’t have access to all dining rooms. Will try to fix on board. We want to eat same time same table. But at least we have 7 reservations somewhere. 

48 minutes ago, MaisonRose said:

i did an amazingly stupid thing in booking PP: assuming that premium coffee, etc., was part of the drinks package. I don’t drink alcohol and so on a 23 day cruise I still have to pay for a cappuccino. That hurts.

It is part of the drinks package.  Specialty coffees, brewed coffee, bottled water, soda etc. all included.  No worries!  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MaisonRose said:

Susan

What made you think that?  It includes all drinks that, without princess plus, you would be charged for (soda, bottled water, specialty coffees and teas, and mocktails).  The only limit is 15 alcoholic drinks per day (6 am to 6 pm).  The 16th alcoholic drink and above must be paid in full plus the 18% gratuity.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:30 AM, MOLAcruiser said:

I found this thread a couple of days ago and read through it all, hoping to find the answer about how to redeem Complimentary Specialty Dining offers when using DMW to reserve a table. Lots of good information. As many people have already found out, when booking Specialty Dining in advance, the App wants you to pay now by credit card, there is currently no option to use the dining credit.

I did a Live Chat with Princess yesterday to ask about this. She acknowledged that it is a common question and a problem. She indicated that if you pay by credit card now you would be reimbursed on board, but in the form of OBC, not a refund to you credit card. The other option is to wait and book on board. She said that since sailings are going with reduced capacity, specialty dining rooms are not at capacity. We will wait, and hope we are successful in getting our chosen date and/or preferred time.

Just made our final payment for a June cruise.

In the Medallion app, now when I attempt to make a CG reservation, it is crediting my Complimentary Specialty Dining offer to the booking.
It still asks for a credit card, but after the credit, the payment is $0.00.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, just_dont said:

Just made our final payment for a June cruise.

In the Medallion app, now when I attempt to make a CG reservation, it is crediting my Complimentary Specialty Dining offer to the booking.
It still asks for a credit card, but after the credit, the payment is $0.00.

So frustrating. We sail in 8 days aboard the Majestic, and I am still getting the "check back closer to your sail date" when trying to look at other dining options. I was able to make dining room reservations several weeks ago, however.

Edited by WildBlueYonder64

28 minutes ago, WildBlueYonder64 said:

So frustrating. We sail in 8 days aboard the Majestic, and I am still getting the "check back closer to your sail date" when trying to look at other dining options. I was able to make dining room reservations several weeks ago, however.

That's really messed up.

I just booked two specialty restaurant dinners for us and my parents (total 4 people each night; we each have two specialty credits each) and paid zero dollars after $116 credits for each reservation - for a cruise in June on the Majestic.

The first time I tried booking I got an error that said I needed to update the app.  After doing so, the $0 payments went through, and the reservations are saved in the app.  My wife can see them in her app.

• Thanks 1

I have a question to those that reserved through the app a shared table, same time, same table each night.  Were the others you shared the table with the same people every night, or did they rotate through?  In other words, did it feel like the old Traditional Dining?

54 minutes ago, just_dont said:

That's really messed up.

I just booked two specialty restaurant dinners for us and my parents (total 4 people each night; we each have two specialty credits each) and paid zero dollars after $116 credits for each reservation - for a cruise in June on the Majestic.

The first time I tried booking I got an error that said I needed to update the app.  After doing so, the $0 payments went through, and the reservations are saved in the app.  My wife can see them in her app.

Bizarre. After you mentioned tonight that your specialty restaurant reservations went through and came up as $0.00, I went back in to DMW and first had to update my credit card (same card, no change to info but it seemed to need an update), and I clicked on the reservation for 4 people to confirm it, then I checked my online banking within a minute, and it already showed the $116 charge had gone through. No $0.00 for me. Oh well. I suppose if I cancel it anytime before the cruise the credit card will be refunded, but if I wait until I’m onboard to ask about my dining credit it will only be refunded as an OBC when they use my dining credit as payment.

43 minutes ago, MOLAcruiser said:

Bizarre. After you mentioned tonight that your specialty restaurant reservations went through and came up as $0.00, I went back in to DMW and first had to update my credit card (same card, no change to info but it seemed to need an update), and I clicked on the reservation for 4 people to confirm it, then I checked my online banking within a minute, and it already showed the $116 charge had gone through. No $0.00 for me. Oh well. I suppose if I cancel it anytime before the cruise the credit card will be refunded, but if I wait until I’m onboard to ask about my dining credit it will only be refunded as an OBC when they use my dining credit as payment.

If I'd thought about it, I should've saved a screen shot showing the $-116.00 credit above the $0.00 total, which was shown before I Confirmed the reservation.

One other thought I've had is that just prior to Final Payment, the cruise fares had gone down from when we booked with the Specialty Dining Promotion, and I asked our TA to see if we could get the lower fare - but we didn't want to lose the Specialty Dining credits.  We'd had one credit each from the promotion, plus we'd each gotten an additional one from our TA.  She was able to rebook at the lower rate and said we wouldn't lose our Specialty Dining credits.  However, I'm wondering if the rebooking actually did eliminate the Princess' Specialty Dining Promotional Credits, and our TA replaced them with a second TA-sponsored credit.  And perhaps DMW allows the use of TA-sponsored Specialty Dining Credits ahead of time, but not the use of the Princess Specialty Dining Promotional Credits. 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

Thank you for explaining the Princess Plus Booking procédure.

My agent booked me in E701 and two days later I added PP and he charged me extra for a higher category which he said was required to add PP. And then we paid also to have PP added. That is what puzzles me.

So, I await the upgrade fairy.

Susan

You need a different TA.

Did you book in US or France? The rules may be different, but in the US we are NOT required to move to a higher category. You should have only had to pay the extra for the +pkg.

As others mentioned above, the drinks pkg. includes almost any drink, including cappuccino.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:18 PM, WildBlueYonder64 said:

That's gonna  be a crowded ship. 1700 this coming week.  3k plus the following week.  That may slow services down both internet and on board.  I was told the orchestra will be joining for the first time since the pause, when you board  .

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 12:18 AM, WildBlueYonder64 said:

It's like banging your head against the wall if Princess doesn't load all the DR's to MC App.  Maybe they aren't doing that as they have come to realize what a complete disaster the DMW booking process is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It's like banging your head against the wall if Princess doesn't load all the DR's to MC App.  Maybe they aren't doing that as they have come to realize what a complete disaster the DMW booking process is.

We booked a B2B for this October.  Only 1 on the 3 DR's is listed and I had to book each night individually as our desired time of 5:40 for a private table was not available for 2 or the 22 nights.   And I'm not sure that is correct since ALL the other nights had ALL the time slots available before 6:40 and the 2 nights had NOTHING available before 6:40 (except shared).

3 hours ago, c-boy said:

That's gonna  be a crowded ship. 1700 this coming week.  3k plus the following week.  That may slow services down both internet and on board.  I was told the orchestra will be joining for the first time since the pause, when you board  .

disregard that last line please. I was informed I didn't hear what I thought I heard  🙃

I come here to check on the issues others are having so I know if my issue is unique. Haven't seen this one yet.

I tried to make a DMW reservation for me, husband and traveling companions. I tell the app I want a table for 4, same time each day. Pick the time of 5:40. Next page asks for confirmation and shows all 7 days at the same time each day. All 4 of us. Hit confirm and only the first day is correct. The remainder has us sitting with other people - splitting us up. Fortunately I screenshot the confirmation page which showed the correct information because I might have thought I was going nuts. Call to Princess... no one around on weekends to assess.  And to make things worse, I can't log in on the web either. What I don't get is that Princess is running almost everything off the Medallion app. The least one might expect is a team that schedules workers (on and off) 7 days a week. EVERYTHING ship related is on the app and if it doesn't work, we're out of luck. Will have to call back on Monday and hope the person in charge doesn't have a 3 hour hold time. So frustrating. I have gone through the process at least 20 times and the results are the same. The first night is correct. The remainder has us broken up in separate tables. When we made the cruise reservation we asked for early traditional dining. Shouldn't have to mess with this so close to cruise date.

12 hours ago, cruisingram1 said:

I come here to check on the issues others are having so I know if my issue is unique. Haven't seen this one yet.

I tried to make a DMW reservation for me, husband and traveling companions. I tell the app I want a table for 4, same time each day. Pick the time of 5:40. Next page asks for confirmation and shows all 7 days at the same time each day. All 4 of us. Hit confirm and only the first day is correct. The remainder has us sitting with other people - splitting us up. Fortunately I screenshot the confirmation page which showed the correct information because I might have thought I was going nuts. Call to Princess... no one around on weekends to assess.  And to make things worse, I can't log in on the web either. What I don't get is that Princess is running almost everything off the Medallion app. The least one might expect is a team that schedules workers (on and off) 7 days a week. EVERYTHING ship related is on the app and if it doesn't work, we're out of luck. Will have to call back on Monday and hope the person in charge doesn't have a 3 hour hold time. So frustrating. I have gone through the process at least 20 times and the results are the same. The first night is correct. The remainder has us broken up in separate tables. When we made the cruise reservation we asked for early traditional dining. Shouldn't have to mess with this so close to cruise date.

I did "all nights, same table" for a B2B and can't even see what's scheduled. I check on the following nights and get the message to choose a time/MDR. Thought that's what I just did. 🤔

There's no way that I'm going to go through every single night to choose a table/time...it's 30 days!!

On 3/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, Steelers36 said:

You should have just deleted yourself in DMW the individual nights that were setup and then done the RESERVE FOR SAME TIME EACH DAY option. 

You really have nothing to fear in checking for dining options.  Yes, you get the warning.  But, you are shown availability when you look for other options, but nothing is deleted nor replaced until you take the final step to confirm.  So, you won't lose what you have if checking for space and it doesn't find any.  Only lose what you have if actually delete nights or when a new booking is confirmed.

Tried this and now it’s worse. Hoping to sort out tomorrow with Princess CS. Weekend staff can’t fix per CS. I went into DMW and selected same time each day for our party of four. Voila! There it was!! Option for Dining for 4 at a private table at 5:40 each day. Read the details 5 times before hitting CONFIRM! (And screenshot the page before hitting confirm!). It moves to next page and shows our table for 4 on First night all together private table. Excellent! Click on second night expecting to see same. 😩😩Second night has us split at different tables. So does third night. Fourth night we have two reservations in same dining room. One private. One shared. Nights 5-7 are split also. So went from 7 nights scattered all over but in private table to this mess. I’m hopeful someone at Princess can make some sense of this. It’s the only way to get reservations and app is screwed up. 

2 hours ago, cruisingram1 said:

Tried this and now it’s worse. Hoping to sort out tomorrow with Princess CS. Weekend staff can’t fix per CS. I went into DMW and selected same time each day for our party of four. Voila! There it was!! Option for Dining for 4 at a private table at 5:40 each day. Read the details 5 times before hitting CONFIRM! (And screenshot the page before hitting confirm!). It moves to next page and shows our table for 4 on First night all together private table. Excellent! Click on second night expecting to see same. 😩😩Second night has us split at different tables. So does third night. Fourth night we have two reservations in same dining room. One private. One shared. Nights 5-7 are split also. So went from 7 nights scattered all over but in private table to this mess. I’m hopeful someone at Princess can make some sense of this. It’s the only way to get reservations and app is screwed up. 

Don't stress too much over this, we also went through all of the above from everything looking great on the app, to few days later nothing showing up, then few days later double reservation entries on the app, and having to delete the incorrect times twice.  When we got onboard thought everything was fine, yet when going into dining room, they repeatedly tried to persuade me to share a table with others.  I felt like it was a waste of time going through the app at all.  We actually ended up cancelling several of our dining times due to menu options, and specialty dining reservations.  Also sometimes the table for 2 was super close to others and not private at all.  

20 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Don't stress too much over this, we also went through all of the above from everything looking great on the app, to few days later nothing showing up, then few days later double reservation entries on the app, and having to delete the incorrect times twice.  When we got onboard thought everything was fine, yet when going into dining room, they repeatedly tried to persuade me to share a table with others.  I felt like it was a waste of time going through the app at all.  We actually ended up cancelling several of our dining times due to menu options, and specialty dining reservations.  Also sometimes the table for 2 was super close to others and not private at all.  

When were you promised a “private” table ?