Celebrity require DOB on CDC card?

39august

I still think it is important to have everything matched especially for international travel.

There are a lot of people with the same first and last name.

It all come to the person who inspect the card and make the decision.

Edited by verizon

40 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I filled out my card actually have 2 since I forgot to bring mine when I got second shot, I work in a hospital so easy enough to get another or as many as I wanted to be honest.  

Last night on the national news, there was a story on how vaccination cards were available for sale online for $25.  Theme was that college students were buying them in order to return to college in the Fall.  

The person who processed my paperwork for vaccine shot #2, placed a small sticker with the vaccine name and lot number on crookedly and covered the handwritten lot# for shot #1. Then she tried to pull the sticker off which slightly messed up the sticker. I stressed about this for awhile, afraid that I would run into problems at check-in. I contacted our state department of health and requested and received an immunization history report. All the info for my Covid vaccinations was there with the DoH letterhead. My birthdate too. I printed the report and put a copy with my vaccination card. My husband also requested his immunization history. His was missing vaccine shot #2. After investigation, the DoH found that his name was misspelled when the data was entered.

I probably wouldn't have a problem at check-in but feel better with some backup documentation. If the birthdate area is blank, I'd would contact the provider of your vaccinations for guidance.

6 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

When we got our cards they told us to fill in our name and DOB.  I guess because they were so busy when we got our 1st shot. I'm glad they did because the person inputting the info on the computer put in the wrong DOB for me and a I had a heck of a time scheduling my 2nd shot on line.  I was really impressed with our County Executives office, a staff person replied to an email the day before Easter, found the problem and fixed it.  They did fill in the vaccine info.

Must have been a burgh thing as I filled my own card out as well and when I got mine there were only a couple of others getting vaccinated.  Now I have to look as I don't believe I put my middle name on my card either, though I can't imagine that being an issue.

My card has no dob and one letter was left out of my last name. Kaiser will not issue me a new card but I have a letter showing everything correct. I also have  QR code when scanned shows the info on California web site That is all I can do. If we get boostersI suppose they will give me a new card. A guy I know called the cruise line and they said they will accept a QR code. 

The card was never meant to be the ultimate proof of vaccination. I suppose I could have a problem but not really worried about it. They have to be reasonable. 

• Like 1

I volunteered at a drive thru clinic for several weeks completing the vaccination cards before people got vaccinated.  We had to input name and date of birth as well as all the other pertinent information on the cards.  If it was omitted, I would just add it.  These things happen as careful as we are trying to be.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, verizon said:

You will have trouble verify the card if it does not match your ID.You need to make correction from where he was vaccinated.

It happened to me too.They didn't put my middle name on the card.

Our CDC Vaccination card has a space for the middle initial and not the full middle name and the space for the patient number was left blank on both cards, wife and I had vaccine at different pharmacies and different vaccine.

21 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

Ours has no patient number.

Mine doesn’t either.  When I presented it at check in a month ago, they checked name against my passport, date of dose, dose manufacturer, and then scanned it along with my passport.  

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Mine doesn’t either.  When I presented it at check in a month ago, they checked name against my passport, date of dose, dose manufacturer, and then scanned it along with my passport.  

Our card has middle initial not full middle name.

12 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I would just add the DOB using the same color ink as used for the name.  I don't think Celebrity employs handwriting experts at the port.

You better have the exact same pen and do a few trials because using two different pens rarely match and black isn't just black.

4 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

You better have the exact same pen and do a few trials because using two different pens rarely match and black isn't just black.

I know I had two different people administer my two Pfizer shots.  Both had different handwriting and both used different pens.  They’re clearly different.  I filled out my own name, DOB on the card, too.  So, my handwriting (actually, I printed it because my handwriting is unreadable) is different from theirs, too.

Put in your own DOB.  You’ll be fine.  Celebrity accepted it when I checked in a month ago.

• Like 1

I'm the OP. Turned out the state health dept. worker to whom we took the card just filled in the DOB and missing middle initial. She did not use a matching pen or ink. Said anyone could fill it in. BUT, she did check to see that the correct information WAS in the state data base. Gave us a copy of that just in case it was needed.

On 8/11/2021 at 1:57 PM, neverlaysup said:

When I was vaccinated, my card was blank except for the vaccine information and the date of vaccination, the rest I filled in myself.

Same for us.  The person who vaccinated us asked us to fill in the rest of the info ourselves.  He said , and I quote:  "In your best handwriting, just fill in your name and DOB".....

On 8/11/2021 at 8:16 AM, verizon said:

I will never try adding myself because the Health Department data base  will not have the DOB on it.

When we received our vaccines we were told to write our own names and date of birth. Our vaccine cards only have a middle initial while our passports have full middle name. We had no problem when we presented our cards with our passports on the July 30 Millenium sailing.

Edited by NevadaJo

On 8/11/2021 at 4:00 PM, keesar said:

Last night on the national news, there was a story on how vaccination cards were available for sale online for $25.  Theme was that college students were buying them in order to return to college in the Fall.  

I just saw another news story where someone was caught with fake CDC Covid cards they apparently purchased on line and tried to pass off as their own.  They haven’t gone to trial yet, so not sure the outcome, but they were arrested.

4 hours ago, NevadaJo said:

When we received our vaccines we were told to write our own names and date of birth. Our vaccine cards only have a middle initial while our passports have full middle name. We had no problem when we presented our cards with our passports on the July 30 Millenium sailing.

Did you have patient id# on your vaccination card?

So here are the responses so far. These CDC cards are paper records listing your vaccination(s) that might be filled out by the Provider or maybe partially filled out or filled out by the person vaccinated.  The Provider sometimes puts a stamp or sticker with the vaccine lot, type and date.  They run the full spectrum.    There is a lot of paranoia about what might or not be accepted.  What kind of a half-assed system is this anyway?  We should not stress about them matching exactly with our driver's license or passports.  They were not meant to do that.  I have not heard of anybody being rejected because of a missing middle initial or middle name.  This is not like a passport.  But on the other hand I wish we could have vaccine passports and eliminate the CDC card stress.  But not happening in the USA.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

So here are the responses so far. These CDC cards are paper records listing your vaccination(s) that might be filled out by the Provider or maybe partially filled out or filled out by the person vaccinated.  The Provider sometimes puts a stamp or sticker with the vaccine lot, type and date.  They run the full spectrum.    There is a lot of paranoia about what might or not be accepted.  What kind of a half-assed system is this anyway?  We should not stress about them matching exactly with our driver's license or passports.  They were not meant to do that.  I have not heard of anybody being rejected because of a missing middle initial or middle name.  This is not like a passport.  But on the other hand I wish we could have vaccine passports and eliminate the CDC card stress.  But not happening in the USA.

Preach on.  Agree!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I'd be all in with a vaccine passport, at the least, I wish they would let those of us willing to do so.

• Like 3