What happens if positive test 3 days out.

So … I’m guessing that if my friend and I, who are arriving from 2 separate states, would just get FCC if one of us is positive and one is negative.  Yes?

If that is the case, obviously only one of us will need to show a positive test. 

It hopefully won’t be me because I plan on not leaving the house for a few weeks prior just to cut down on the chance of a positive test even though I am vaxed.  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, audcc77 said:

So … I’m guessing that if my friend and I, who are arriving from 2 separate states, would just get FCC if one of us is positive and one is negative.  Yes?

If that is the case, obviously only one of us will need to show a positive test. 

It hopefully won’t be me because I plan on not leaving the house for a few weeks prior just to cut down on the chance of a positive test even though I am vaxed.  

Who ever tests negative wont get to go and the other hopefully had insurance to cover cancellation- if one goes and the other doesnt, wont they charge you as a solo?

bet bet if one is positive, reschedule

1 hour ago, MoTex said:

Who ever tests negative wont get to go and the other hopefully had insurance to cover cancellation- if one goes and the other doesnt, wont they charge you as a solo?

bet bet if one is positive, reschedule

Well, if either one is positive I would hope that they wouldn’t force the other to cruise by themselves.  That’s insane. 

If that’s how they’re doing it, they’re going to have a lot more cancellations. 

I am also going on a cruise with my husband and if one of us tests positive, there’s no way the other person is going on a cruise by themselves. That would be stupid.

I guess I will ask my PVP.  That way I can get it in writing.  

1 minute ago, audcc77 said:

Well, if either one is positive I would hope that they wouldn’t force the other to cruise by themselves.  That’s insane. 

I am also going on a cruise with my husband and if one of us tests positive, there’s no way the other person is going on a cruise by themselves. That would be stupid.

I didnt mean they would force one to go if the other one popped positive

i meant if the one negative decided to go on his own, wouldnt they charge for solo?

9 minutes ago, MoTex said:

I didnt mean they would force one to go if the other one popped positive

i meant if the one negative decided to go on his own, wouldnt they charge for solo?

oh. Not sure.  

Good question.   

Since the positive person would get FCC, if the other person wanted to still go, then they may very well be on the hook as a solo.  

3 hours ago, audcc77 said:

I cruised Solo in 2019. I 💜💜💜 it!!  I also ❤️❤️❤️ cruising with my husband !!

IF one of us tests negative ????  I wouldn’t call that “stupid” necessarily — to go ahead with the cruise.

We are driving to our local Port, if that makes a difference. At this point, I’m leaning hard on whoever tests Negative … go … much deserved ❣️  Why have my hubby go home if I am positive? He’s worked hard all year, he is “essential worker”

Now, that said … please Cruise Gods …. We want to cruise together. 💞

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

9 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

I cruised Solo in 2019. I 💜💜💜 it!!  I also ❤️❤️❤️ cruising with my husband !!

IF one of us tests negative ????  I wouldn’t call that “stupid” necessarily — to go ahead with the cruise.

We are driving to our local Port, if that makes a difference. At this point, I’m leaning hard on whoever tests Negative … go … much deserved ❣️  Why have my hubby go home if I am positive? He’s worked hard all year, he is “essential worker”

Now, that said … please Cruise Gods …. We want to cruise together. 💞

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

If you both arrive together, having driven in together, but one has a positive test. Neither will board.

I've heard of cases where people were only together on the shuttle with a positive and werent related and denied just for that short exposure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If you both arrive together, having driven in together, but one has a positive test. Neither will board.

I've heard of cases where people were only together on the shuttle with a positive and werent related and denied just for that short exposure.

Hi,

I’ve been thinking about this scenario.  We obviously will know before driving our own car to Long Beach.

We will have to make a plan if one of us tests Positive.
 A No Show for the Positive person?
 Negative spouse goes ahead on the cruise?

The Positive spouse stays home..

Or do we cancel, due to that test result,  and get the FCC? 

I don’t want any of the above to happen, I just want to go on vacation with my hubby again. August 2019 we did a 11 night land vacation in PV.  Sooooo relaxing … 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

I’ve been thinking about this scenario.  We obviously will know before driving our own car to Long Beach.

I don’t want any of the above to happen, I just want to go on vacation with my hubby again. August 2019 we did a 11 night land vacation in PV.  Sooooo relaxing … 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Idk about you personally but if I was a couple and could get a refund I would. If one was positive but not the other, the negative person would be handy for fetching food. I'm not sure I'd love being quarantined alone and have to depend on delivery. I could but dont want to.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk about you personally but if I was a couple and could get a refund I would. If one was positive but not the other, the negative person would be handy for fetching food. I'm not sure I'd love being quarantined alone and have to depend on delivery. I could but dont want to.

Yes, also correct, I wouldn’t want to be sick and have the partner leave. And I wouldn’t because I love him.  

I have qualified my statement as one of us having a “Positive Test”.  In my minds eye, we didn’t even know we had Covid because we haven’t felt sick. Asymptomatic.

I read that the majority of Covid cases (with fully vaccinated, healthy adults) can have mild to no symptoms. We are both vaccinated fully. And still do total masking & social distancing. Also , our vaccinated adult son doesn’t leave for his Ship till mid- November. 

So, IF we are symptom free ( but Test Positive), I had been thinking those thoughts I mentioned in my original post today.  It’s ALL a ‘What If …. ‘

I’ve  even been thinking the dreaded, WHAT IF our cruise is cancelled ??!! 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

We just experienced this on our Royal cruise. Sister was negative and I was positive.  Once I told Royal of my result, the entire reservation was cancelled.  But Royal gives a full refund back to original form of payment.  

5 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

I sincerely doubt you would be eligible to cruise - I'm just guessing here but I would imagine they ask if you have been exposed to anyone with Covid in the last # of days. If answering yes, I can't imagine they let you board.

• Like 1

You don't get to sail. Carnival gives you a FCC. The rest of the stuff you paid for or reserved has to be canceled through those carriers. Airlines, hotels, ground transportation, etc is all on you unless you booked it with Carnival. Anything that is not refundable is at the whim of the company you have travel insurance with and then, they must have pandemic coverage on it. To say the least, it is going to be a very stressful and bad time not being able to cruise while working to get the $1,000s back you spent. I wish I could say it would be rainbows and unicorns, but it is going to be far different than that.

15 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

You don't get to sail. Carnival gives you a FCC. The rest of the stuff you paid for or reserved has to be canceled through those carriers. Airlines, hotels, ground transportation, etc is all on you unless you booked it with Carnival. Anything that is not refundable is at the whim of the company you have travel insurance with and then, they must have pandemic coverage on it. To say the least, it is going to be a very stressful and bad time not being able to cruise while working to get the $1,000s back you spent. I wish I could say it would be rainbows and unicorns, but it is going to be far different than that.

Hi,

Is your comment meant for me or another poster?

🛳🛳

Bobbi