LIVE - Equinox 8/15/21 - Ultimate Caribbean - It’s finally here!

aring75

aring75, finally reach the end of your postings so far and have enjoyed your comments and pictures!

Keep them coming as it is fun to follow along and a substitute until we can go on our long awaited Celebrity Eclipse Alaska cruise next August.

While on Aruba did you happen to notice if the car license plates still says "One Happy Island"?

We love that island and Curaçao too!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aring75 said:

We have always enjoyed Tuscan. I’ve heard some people say it’s not as good as the other specialty restaurants, but I’ve always had a good meal. I could cut my steak last night with a fork. I know because I did it to show Mark. 

If you dine here, get an order of the lobster pasta to share (or you can get a half portion as one of your sides). I didn’t get it and I regretted it. 😩

which steak did you get that was fork tender?

13 hours ago, aring75 said:

Tonight after dinner we decided to try the cheese plate. 

They bring around the cheese cart and describe the various options.

D4166548-137F-4832-AA7F-4E8AD505EFD5.thumb.jpeg.9c5e165b34d206295d49aa34fe33bfe6.jpeg

You can choose what you’d like or you can do like we did and just say “Surprise me.”

FA199C57-511C-44AF-B5E4-EE787E92F1A1.thumb.jpeg.526533007e7fa9887fd02facf425dfca.jpeg

We tried the two different soufflé choices. Both were great. 

Dark chocolate 

241F85BE-E0A6-4AD3-B30E-4CEBA0A120B9.thumb.jpeg.add132142c3c40638af796a6512b977b.jpeg

Grand Marnier

5220230F-2B2C-4839-A385-04677912BBFF.thumb.jpeg.4450fad1703d8c339f9d78a0f21cfdf2.jpeg

That cheese plate is a meal in itself.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aring75 said:

We tried the two different soufflé choices. Both were great. 
Dark chocolate 

241F85BE-E0A6-4AD3-B30E-4CEBA0A120B9.thumb.jpeg.add132142c3c40638af796a6512b977b.jpeg

Grand Marnier

5220230F-2B2C-4839-A385-04677912BBFF.thumb.jpeg.4450fad1703d8c339f9d78a0f21cfdf2.jpeg

being a fan of all things Chocolate, our first time in Murano, I, of course, ordered the chocolate soufflé.  let me tell you, I was so sorry.  the Grand Marnier was much better!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aring75 said:

Yes they did! Lots of souvenirs with that saying too. 

Mark & Angela,

Like a lot of folks we'll be finalizing packing and starting the trek to Florida today and tomorrow.  I think we speak for everyone when we thank you from the bottom of our cruising hearts for this thread.  It has been by far the best cruising journal we've ever seen on these boards.

Your pics have been clear and plentiful while your text has been perfectly aligned to them.  Not only have we been able to follow your trip but you took the time to respond to all questions put to you.

You have eased all our doubts about whether or not our cruise would be worthwhile and rekindled our excitement.  We'll keep an eye out for any future threads.  Even if they are not for our destinations they are sure to be enjoyable and informative.

Thanks again.

John & Donna

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

which steak did you get that was fork tender?

The ribeye. But the filet was supremely tender also. It’s just 9oz. Lucky for Mark he got to eat the 9oz filet and a good portion of my 12 oz ribeye. 

Honestly, with all the other stuff, it felt like a ton of food. 

They do have a larger NY strip and a porterhouse available for an up charge. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, lnuzzo said:

being a fan of all things Chocolate, our first time in Murano, I, of course, ordered the chocolate soufflé.  let me tell you, I was so sorry.  the Grand Marnier was much better!!!!!

I agree! We shared and we both liked that subtle orange flavor from the grand marnier. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Mark & Angela,

Like a lot of folks we'll be finalizing packing and starting the trek to Florida today and tomorrow.  I think we speak for everyone when we thank you from the bottom of our cruising hearts for this thread.  It has been by far the best cruising journal we've ever seen on these boards.

Your pics have been clear and plentiful while your text has been perfectly aligned to them.  Not only have we been able to follow your trip but you took the time to respond to all questions put to you.

You have eased all our doubts about whether or not our cruise would be worthwhile and rekindled our excitement.  We'll keep an eye out for any future threads.  Even if they are not for our destinations they are sure to be enjoyable and informative.

Thanks again.

John & Donna

Thank you so much. Truly

I enjoy doing this for my own selfish purposes, but also because I feel like I’m “paying it forward.” I have enjoyed countless LIVE threads on CC and really appreciate the time and effort which goes into them. I am grateful for all the information that cruisers are happy to share with one another. 

As an absolute “type A” planner, I hope that these LIVE threads continue, and I look forward to reading all of them!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Also. To those of you preparing for your upcoming Equinox cruise…

Enjoy it. Enjoy the planning. Enjoy traveling to the port. Enjoy stepping onto this beautiful ship for the first time in so long. 

Enjoy relaxing. Enjoy exploring. Enjoy the amazing service. Enjoy just being at sea. 

I have no doubt you will. 

Edited by aring75
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Also. To those of you preparing for your upcoming Equinox cruise…

Enjoy it. Enjoy the planing. Enjoy traveling to the port. Enjoy stepping onto this beautiful ship for the first time in so long. 

Enjoy relaxing. Enjoy exploring. Enjoy the amazing service. Enjoy just being at sea. 

I have no doubt you will. 

This will be our first time on Equinox and to the ABCs.  The ship is always at or near the top of the CC ranking, especially for dining, so we're really looking forward to it.  I'm sure you'll leave ship and crew in a happy place and we'll try hard not to screw that up.  😀

• Like 2

Aring75 - I can't thank you enough for posting this live review!  My DH and I both received our negative test results today, so we're ready to embark on Friday.

We're new to Celebrity, so your detailed review is very helpful to understand what to expect on Celebrity especially during this pandemic!  Thanks to you, I booked the Murano last night and now I know to get the grand marnier souffle instead of my first instinct to go with chocolate.  LOL

Quick question - do you know if they serve coke or pepsi products?

Thanks again!!

Mary Jon

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

Thank you so much. Truly

I enjoy doing this for my own selfish purposes, but also because I feel like I’m “paying it forward.” I have enjoyed countless LIVE threads on CC and really appreciate the time and effort which goes into them. I am grateful for all the information that cruisers are happy to share with one another. 

As an absolute “type A” planner, I hope that these LIVE threads continue, and I look forward to reading all of them!

Thats how I run, too.  I'm on the Equinox on a 9 day in October, and i'll try to do a live from.  I usually get behind, and I'm not as detailed, but I'll give it my best.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Have really enjoyed your live thread as well. I saw information in Celebrity Today that you posted that mentioned the Hot Glass Class. Do you know if it is a group class or an individual class that needs a reserved time? Also, is their an extra fee to participate since it sounds like you make something to take home with you?

Many thanks for any info you can provide.

19 minutes ago, FishOn55 said:

Have really enjoyed your live thread as well. I saw information in Celebrity Today that you posted that mentioned the Hot Glass Class. Do you know if it is a group class or an individual class that needs a reserved time? Also, is their an extra fee to participate since it sounds like you make something to take home with you?

Many thanks for any info you can provide.

For our cruise, you could make an advance reservation for the hot glass in the online planner. I know there was a price for one person, and a slightly discounted per person price for a couple. I don’t remember how much it was, and I haven’t seen it posted onboard, but if you can access your online planner, I think it was listed under “Internet and More.”

EDIT. 
Our cabana was right next to the glass show. It definitely had multiple people in the “audience area”. But I think only one or two were actually doing the glass class. 

Edited by aring75
  • Thanks 1

And I mentioned the Eggs Benedict and omelet station for breakfast in the buffet. Most people would probably already think about this…but. 

Make sure the specialty items are the last thing you pick up. If they are busy you can “order,” grab a few other items, then come pick it up last thing. But don’t do like I did the first time and get your Eggs Benny first. They cool off fast!

2368FDFA-1AF4-4BC2-98C7-A1E4B7139EA5.thumb.jpeg.47ec2af48ef04b83d0fc168e5771045d.jpeg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lovetocruise0999 said:

Sorry if this is a repeat question. Does anyone know if Equinox has started luggage valet on this voyage? I am sailing next week.

I'm sure the OP will respond but I've seen posted elsewhere that Luggage Valet has been suspended and no  date of restarting has been given.  

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm sure the OP will respond but I've seen posted elsewhere that Luggage Valet has been suspended and no  date of restarting has been given.  

So interesting the difference in lines. I was onboard Ovation with Royal last week to Alaska and it was offered. Its quite surprising how much Celebrity and Royal are on different routes, guidelines etc...Love them both but wish some things would just be carried out across the board.

1 hour ago, lovetocruise0999 said:

Sorry if this is a repeat question. Does anyone know if Equinox has started luggage valet on this voyage? I am sailing next week.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have not seen anything about luggage valet.