LIVE - Equinox 8/15/21 - Ultimate Caribbean - It’s finally here!

aring75

13 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

The price for “Le Petite Chef” for our Oct cruise is $55pp which is supposed to be the pre travel discount. Is that the price onboard, or are they discounting more onboard.

I think $60pp

Edited by terrydtx

4 hours ago, susan0623 said:

Aring75 - did you upgrade your wifi?  How is it working for you?

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!  I am loving it!

Yes. We upgraded to “stream.” It went out for several hours one day, but they fixed it pretty quickly. 

As far as speed, I haven’t tested it. Cruise WiFi is usually less than great, but it hasn’t been too bad. I can upload 4 or 5 pictures for a CC post in about a minute (usually less). And sites like Twitter, FB, simple game apps, etc. seem to be slow to load but then operate relatively normally. 

Not sure how the surf package is working, but they do allow for upgrade once you get onboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROYALBOY said:

The price for “Le Petite Chef” for our Oct cruise is $55pp which is supposed to be the pre travel discount. Is that the price onboard, or are they discounting more onboard.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I think $60pp

We haven’t checked into Le Petit Chef, but we have been offered discounts on two different dinners. Murano lunch is normally $35pp. We got it for $25pp. We also got a discount on our 2nd Murano dinner. 

There’s no guarantee obviously, so if you definitely have to have dinner here than I think I would go ahead and reserve with the pre-cruise discount. 

9 hours ago, aring75 said:

Just a quick note about the alcoves/cabanas. When I booked, I saw that there were discounts offered if you booked multiple days. Also, we took advantage of this offer when we sailed Reflection in Dec 2017. 

F0C6F178-50C4-4CB0-A5D0-89411E88588D.thumb.jpeg.63b7e536d2b8a0c61fdece743a32341d.jpeg

In the online planner for this cruise, the cabana reservation was listed as an “alcove,” but a quick call to Celebrity assured me that these were different names for essentially the same thing. 

However, I have inquired about this discount twice now. I was told this morning that there will be NO discount offered onboard Equinox. 

We booked four sea days and three port days for this cruise and there will be no discount offered, so we chose to cancel our remaining bookings (two sea days & two port days).

The onboard discount we received on Reflection was approximately 20% for booking the entire cruise and around 15% for us (we had only booked 7 out of 10 days). It would have been fine if the discount wasn’t as high, but it didn’t sit right with me that they just said, “Nope. Sorry.”

I will mention, they did offer to give us lunch in Murano (which we had already booked at a discount).

I just wanted to make sure anyone reading along understands that the cabanas on Equinox DO NOT qualify for the discount listed on the website when you book. 

...now I understand why you did not address the discount when I ask.  This does not sound right.  Can't blame you for cancelling the rest of the days.

Nice that they tried to appease you but in the end they did not live up to what is in writing all over the place.  I checked again.   Might be worth your while to express your displeasure to Guest Relations.  They might be able to help with the department involved behind the scene or if need be to escalate the issue to Miami.  I have had very good outcomes with Guest Relations - especially with Damian.  He is the best.  I am sure you know it is best to resolve billing issues before debarking.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Beba-Beba

30 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Yes. We upgraded to “stream.” It went out for several hours one day, but they fixed it pretty quickly. 

As far as speed, I haven’t tested it. Cruise WiFi is usually less than great, but it hasn’t been too bad. I can upload 4 or 5 pictures for a CC post in about a minute (usually less). And sites like Twitter, FB, simple game apps, etc. seem to be slow to load but then operate relatively normally. 

Not sure how the surf package is working, but they do allow for upgrade once you get onboard. 

I don't think there is, but do you know if there is any pay as you go WiFi in the iLounge?  This cruise is a Lift 'n Shift and we have no WiFi package - not even bringing my laptop - but I'd like to be able to check on a couple of things at home.

26 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I don't think there is, but do you know if there is any pay as you go WiFi in the iLounge?  This cruise is a Lift 'n Shift and we have no WiFi package - not even bringing my laptop - but I'd like to be able to check on a couple of things at home.

They use to have a hourly rate (but it is for a one continuous hour and not incremental usage).   The price was obscene at something like $29.   Not sure if it is still offered 

You might be better off going ashore in a port with Free Wifi in the terminal and check while in port.

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They use to have a hourly rate (but it is for a one continuous hour and not incremental usage).   The price was obscene at something like $29.   Not sure if it is still offered 

You might be better off going ashore in a port with Free Wifi in the terminal and check while in port.

That's not really too bad, Jim.  I'd only need it maybe twice and it would be while DW is asleep.  I'm not taking my laptop and doing anything while we're ashore would not go over too well.  😀

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Beba-Beba said:

...now I understand why you did not address the discount when I ask.  This does not sound right.  Can't blame you for cancelling the rest of the days.

Nice that they tried to appease you but in the end they did not live up to what is in writing all over the place.  I checked again.   Might be worth your while to express your displeasure to Guest Relations.  They might be able to help with the department involved behind the scene or if need be to escalate the issue to Miami.  I have had very good outcomes with Guest Relations - especially with Damian.  He is the best.  I am sure you know it is best to resolve billing issues before debarking.

Thanks for the heads up.

The Specialty Restaurant Maitre D’ really stepped up and took care of everything. I am more than satisfied with the resolution. But, it would be good for any future cruisers to know that the specialty dining department will take care of cabana discounts. And if you have any difficulties speak with the head Maitre D’ (I will speak to him in person tomorrow, so I will get a name).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

If I can remember, I will stop by the iLounge and see. I know you get 90 minutes with Elite and I saw a “last half of the cruise” internet advertisement (I think) yesterday. I don’t really know if that was a discount, or if it was cheaper just because it was six days instead of twelve. 

I started with the shrimp cocktail. 

88BAA565-615F-4BF1-B16D-5EADBBE028F7.thumb.jpeg.f31625d6b40fb4a1a6cd9aa9fd935d0d.jpeg

And then Mark and I both had the Chicory Apple Pear Salad. (We both approved.)

F25B8BEE-269D-4FD8-8ACD-E163903694F4.thumb.jpeg.cd83b9681c04fc07f2b058fd0ba3a471.jpeg

Mark had the Grilled Honey Glazed Pork Chop. 

57090345-A24A-400B-A507-944D7424C868.thumb.jpeg.6fd3cc2712f98fe116919a91f5c8ba26.jpeg

And I had the Slow Roasted Beef Brisket. This was great. I mean, it’s not Texas brisket. But it was fork-tender and the cornbread and greens were a great accompaniment.

AFFB693F-02CD-414C-B4A1-0516DA4BAB30.thumb.jpeg.2db626769a4956852ae21abe8ddea1ea.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aring75 said:

If I can remember, I will stop by the iLounge and see. I know you get 90 minutes with Elite and I saw a “last half of the cruise” internet advertisement (I think) yesterday. I don’t really know if that was a discount, or if it was cheaper just because it was six days instead of twelve. 

No worries.  Jim's response above is pretty much what I was thinking.  It's a short stroll from our cabin so I'll just wander over when it's staffed.

• Like 1

Tonight’s show was called R3MIX. 

941DC629-B66E-498C-BB82-F680D679D351.thumb.png.2dcac67cb984ded779d8f6aeb71d5b6a.png

It sounded like it had possibilities. 

They started off with some Motown favorites and blended these songs with hits from Bruno Mars, Pharrell Williams, Prince, Beyoncé, and others. They even performed a couple of original songs that were quite good.

These guys had serious vocal chops. Very entertaining and very talented. 

49748E2F-7B71-4569-92AA-A81746028B1A.thumb.jpeg.a2afd17845ae235c2f7725cfe34f8112.jpeg

We were sitting in the back, so the sound is not great on my phone, but just to give you an idea…

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Nope, just 1A balcony cabin.

I might ask our cabin steward if there are any available. Mark won’t care if he gets one, but I think I might like to have one as a souvenir from our “COVID/Escape from COVID” cruise. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

So every day you have to decide if you want to cross the Rubicon or not?  Sorry - my father's ghost made me do it.  

OMG - I think my Jeep could make the trip....