Passenger Posting from Eurodam

Ottawa traveller

8 hours ago, kazu said:

I think it should.  I don’t know a way to copy the video from FB to here, sadly.  Not sure if that’s deliberate or not on FB’s part.

Thanks for posting that. For whatever reason, I didn’t get booted. (And I loathe FB)

My neighbor’s fiancé is on that sailing and I’m pretty sure I saw her on the video. 

1 minute ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Thanks for posting that. For whatever reason, I didn’t get booted. (And I loathe FB)

My neighbor’s fiancé is on that sailing and I’m pretty sure I saw her on the video. 

Hi Tioga Cruiser.  It's been awhile since our path's crossed.  Wondering what your next cruise is.  We are hoping to be on the Rotterdam in October for the TA.  

1 hour ago, sansterre said:

Hi Tioga Cruiser.  It's been awhile since our path's crossed.  Wondering what your next cruise is.  We are hoping to be on the Rotterdam in October for the TA.  

Hi Jean!

Good to hear from you! I’ve been thinking about you when we have our “Sit and Stitch” on Zoom.

Nothing booked- canceled Mexico 4-3-20. Not ready to cruise yet with Covid. 

DH and I actually sailed together on Prinsendam’s final voyage (Amsterdam round trip to Norway. (He had seen some pictures of Geraingerfiord in a HAL ad on the table by his seat 😇) a few years ago and said he wanted to go there- Where was that? So a few years later, we booked. Poor guy got mar de mer on the return across the North Sea. We had 14 foot seas. What a trooper, he still went to the PG with me that night.

Il’ll email you later.

TC

I'm glad you asked him for permission.  I was a little uncomfortable thinking that someone could simply go to another site and cute & paste something elsewhere without that permission!

I have my FB settings so that they're only visible to friends simply because I don't want the whole world to see everything I post!

Fingers crossed that my 11/14 Eurodam actually happens (will the ship have to go into quarantine or not?) and love reading reviews/seeing pics of ships before I actually sail.

13 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I'm glad you asked him for permission.  I was a little uncomfortable thinking that someone could simply go to another site and cute & paste something elsewhere without that permission!

Oh absolutely, I wasn’t going to post without his ok.  Never fear 😉 

I have my FB settings so that they're only visible to friends simply because I don't want the whole world to see everything I post!

I am the same.  However, Rich’s is public which means he wants lots of people following him.

Fingers crossed that my 11/14 Eurodam actually happens (will the ship have to go into quarantine or not?) and love reading reviews/seeing pics of ships before I actually sail.

Hope it can sail 🤞 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ottawa traveller said:

Before I posted the original post, I had gone to the Eurodam Roll Call and saw a post from Rich indicating that he would be posting on Facebook and that people could follow him there,

I did the same after I saw your post 😉 

There is also an article on the HAL Blog about the departure from Piraeus.  I believe there are two Captain Smits - perhaps @Copper10-8 can tell us which one is on Eurodam?

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/destinations/europe_new/holland-america-line-restarts-cruising-in-europe-from-piraeus/

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

There is also an article on the HAL Blog about the departure from Piraeus.  I believe there are two Captain Smits - perhaps @Copper10-8 can tell us which one is on Eurodam?

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/destinations/europe_new/holland-america-line-restarts-cruising-in-europe-from-piraeus/

There is Captain Ane Jan Smit and Captain Vincent Smit, no relation. To make things more confusing, there was also a staff captain, and former captain, Jan Smit. "Smit" is the Dutch "Smith" so a very common name. Eurodam's captain in the pic is Vincent Smit

EUDM_cut2.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

There is Captain Ane Jan Smit and Captain Vincent Smit, no relation. To make things more confusing, there was also a staff captain, and former captain, Jan Smit. "Smit" is the Dutch "Smith" so a very common name. Eurodam's captain in the pic is Vincent Smit

EUDM_cut2.jpg

Thanks, Copper.  We don't know Captain Vincent Smit - just the "other" Captain Smit.   I guess he will be on board for a while.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks, Copper.  We don't know Captain Vincent Smit - just the "other" Captain Smit.   I guess he will be on board for a while.

Usually three months, but who knows in these times! Captain Vincent S has been around (with HAL since 1992 and captain since 2008) and is a friendly person 😉Taken in Topolobampo, Sinaloa, Mexico several years ago when he was in command of Ryndam

HAL Captain Vincent Smit #2.JPG

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 3

On 8/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, VMax1700 said:

https://www.facebook.com/SethonHAL/videos/1081557865987093/

I just tried it and got kicked out as I am not a facebooker. 🙄

Thanks! Just watched it; the hotel general manager (the new title for the former hotel director) is Gijsbertus “Bert” van Mackelenberg, the eco-runner. Eurodam's cruise & travel director is Karlijn Verpalen, like Bert, she's Dutch and a former travel guide

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

EUDM_cut2.jpg

They all look HAPPY

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Captain Vincent S is a someone you want to sail with.  On the Westerdam pre-Covid he was very involved and worked extremely well and closely with the Hotel Director, Colin Jacob.  That ship had a dream team of officers!

4 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Captain Vincent S is a someone you want to sail with.  On the Westerdam pre-Covid he was very involved and worked extremely well and closely with the Hotel Director, Colin Jacob.  That ship had a dream team of officers!

We're looking forward to it.  I am wondering if the officers will be allowed to mingle with the passengers at all nowadays, or if they will stay away to keep healthy!