Coco Beach Club questions

We were there two weeks ago. They take lunch reservations when you arrive at the club. Portion sizes are big and food is delicious. Not sure about ordering more than one entree.  But I suppose you could. 

also not sure about snacks, this wasn’t really offered outside of the restaurant menu. But again, I would guess you could. 

They spoil you there. Enjoy. 

I was pretty full after lunch, couldn't imagine ordering more food but to each their own.  However I didn't try to order more food so I'm not sure.   There was a small selection of pastries there early on for breakfast.

We did the beach club on a Freedom cruise a few weeks ago. It was amazing. We were one of the first ones off the boat.. took the little tram from the boat right to the tram station inside cocoa kay.. and then took the tram directly to the beach club. we checked in, and got one of the big day beds, right by the infinity pool. we chose an 11am lunch. there was coffee and cucumber water, as well as the pastries you see on the boat waiting. at lunch, the appetizers are served in one big bento box thing. you get them all. A peacock, named Jeffrey, wanted some of my food! when it came time for the main course, my friend and i couldn't choose! so we each ordered two. She got the chicken and bahamian lobster, i got the grouper and the coconut lobster sandwich. She said the chicken was good.. the lobster was fine. (it's not the same as maine lobster). The grouper was well seasoned and cooked well. but that coconut lobster sandwich was AMAZING! we ate a few fries (everything came with potatoes or veggies) and then got dessert, splitting the caramel brownie. We were stuffed. Don't know if there were snacks later in the day, because a storm came through and after an hour.. still didn't seem to want to move out. that's when we went back to the boat. the sun came back out around 3pm, but all aboard was 430, so we just stayed on the ship. 

beach club.jpg

peacock.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

We have a day pass to the CBC. Can you order as much as you want at lunch? It all sounds amazing. Do you need a reservation for lunch? Are there snacks available outside of lunch hours?

Yes you can order as much as you want. If you want just the main course, you can ask for just the entree (no veg and potatoes). 

Yes. You need a reservation. People blew it off on our cruise and were asked to come back a couple of hours later when they walked up for lunch. 

3E1290C1-C6F3-4666-94A9-1B6A0E011878.thumb.jpeg.34c2ea19987fbe9a2c8726348f5c55b3.jpeg

• Like 1

We were there a few weeks ago. Appetizers were tasty and they serve them all to you, you do not have to select them. I couldn’t decide between steak or lobster, so the waiter said, ok, surf and turf for you! My husband got the coconut lobster sandwich and said it was delicious. We also liked our desserts. 

9E844AFB-8B16-4B89-911A-688E148F5508.jpeg

33B912F2-0183-4989-83E1-74C954868324.jpeg

20830C96-7DA0-4234-8BC9-654EE4373877.jpeg

9007A015-4A7C-4F91-AFD5-C25AF053F0AA.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It’s a great beach day and we enjoyed it a lot. Food was awesome. We went there on Anthem back in March, 2020. But…
We are going back to Coco Key again on Oasis in October and the price for the Beach Club  now is OUTRAGEOUS. It’s over $100 more now than we paid on our last cruise.  I don’t really understand why either? It’s nice, but….. I don’t think I can justify $189 a person…

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sixbirches said:

It’s a great beach day and we enjoyed it a lot. Food was awesome. We went there on Anthem back in March, 2020. But…
We are going back to Coco Key again on Oasis in October and the price for the Beach Club  now is OUTRAGEOUS. It’s over $100 more now than we paid on our last cruise.  I don’t really understand why either? It’s nice, but….. I don’t think I can justify $189 a person…

Not way it is worth more than $100 pp to me.  That is especially true when ships are at limited capacity.  If I don't find the sweet spot in pricing, I am fine with exploring the pool and included dining options.  The reviews have been pretty good for those.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Because RCI thinks folks will pay it.

Yes, we will (July 2022)
1) We've never been to the new & improved version of Cocoa Cay
2) With a limited senior citizen cruising budget, there are other itineraries (like Europe) we would like to experience, so it's not a given we'll ever be back there to enjoy it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

We did the beach club on a Freedom cruise a few weeks ago. It was amazing. We were one of the first ones off the boat.. took the little tram from the boat right to the tram station inside cocoa kay.. and then took the tram directly to the beach club. we checked in, and got one of the big day beds, right by the infinity pool. we chose an 11am lunch. there was coffee and cucumber water, as well as the pastries you see on the boat waiting. at lunch, the appetizers are served in one big bento box thing. you get them all. A peacock, named Jeffrey, wanted some of my food! when it came time for the main course, my friend and i couldn't choose! so we each ordered two. She got the chicken and bahamian lobster, i got the grouper and the coconut lobster sandwich. She said the chicken was good.. the lobster was fine. (it's not the same as maine lobster). The grouper was well seasoned and cooked well. but that coconut lobster sandwich was AMAZING! we ate a few fries (everything came with potatoes or veggies) and then got dessert, splitting the caramel brownie. We were stuffed. Don't know if there were snacks later in the day, because a storm came through and after an hour.. still didn't seem to want to move out. that's when we went back to the boat. the sun came back out around 3pm, but all aboard was 430, so we just stayed on the ship. 

beach club.jpg

peacock.jpg

Yeah, that coconut lobster is definitely on my list!

4 hours ago, VegasVic14 said:

Yes, we will (July 2022)
1) We've never been to the new & improved version of Cocoa Cay
2) With a limited senior citizen cruising budget, there are other itineraries (like Europe) we would like to experience, so it's not a given we'll ever be back there to enjoy it.

We are paying $160. We haven’t been to CocoCay since the makeover, either. Also, we usually cruise in the Haven on NCL. We’re not getting a suite this time, so this will be a little taste of that “suite life”.

We recently booked a Coco Beach Club Beach Cabanna, $699 with access for 8 ( we have 8 in our party) to the Beach Club…that lobster sandwich looks tasty…we may try it all. Sept Allure sailing..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

We recently booked a Coco Beach Club Beach Cabanna, $699 with access for 8 ( we have 8 in our party) to the Beach Club…that lobster sandwich looks tasty…we may try it all. Sept Allure sailing..

Perfect use of the cabana.  For large parties, this makes great sense.  Usually there are only two of us so it is hard to justify.  Enjoy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

Obviously, people ARE paying it.  

Well… as much as I enjoyed the Beach Club at $75 a person, I won’t be paying $188.99. Whether or not I can afford to pay is irrelevant because I do not like feeling as if I’m being ripped off. I’m happy to pay for something, if it’s worth it. It’s nice, but not that nice. Just my opinion based on plenty of cruises and lots of other high end vacation experiences. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

Well… as much as I enjoyed the Beach Club at $75 a person, I won’t be paying $188.99. Whether or not I can afford to pay is irrelevant because I do not like feeling as if I’m being ripped off. I’m happy to pay for something, if it’s worth it. It’s nice, but not that nice. Just my opinion based on plenty of cruises and lots of other high end vacation experiences. 

Exactly.   I have almost $700 in OBC and I wouldn't dream of spending $144 p/p for this.  It's not whether I can afford it, it's the principle of value.

• Like 4

For us we will enjoy the Coco Bay for a few hours them back to the ship.  Don't need to pay extra for the beach.  We have a beach house get enough sand!!!!!  I am sure if we have children with us they would enjoy it.