Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

On 8/21/2021 at 2:25 PM, Saint Greg said:

For those of you who followed my Panorama trip, you may remember I had a traumatic experience near the end of the cruise.

The day was March 5, 2020. I was in the comedy club enjoying a very pleasant evening. All of the sudden this urchin on the other side of the aisle did something that would change me in a deep and profound way from that day on…He sneezed on me. I screamed out “I’M HIT!”

Over the past 18 months my account of the events of that night has come into question. Let’s go through it step by step.

I was seated in the back on the left side of the aisle.

Graphic1.jpg

The perpetrator was seated on the right side of the aisle.

Graphic2.jpg

First, I was struck on the right side of the neck.

Illustration1.jpg

It bounced off my neck and struck me again between my 3rd and 4th ribs.

Illustration2.jpg

It then ricocheted off my ribs and hit me in my right wrist causing me to drop my beer can.

Illustration3.jpg

It then paused in midair, took a right turn, and landed on my right thigh. That is some magic mucus.

Illustration4.jpg

The other controversial part is what happened to my head on the first hit. When I was hit in the neck my head went back and to the left.

Illustration5-6-7.jpg

Back and to the left

Illustration5-6-7.jpg

Back and to the left

Illustration5-6-7.jpg

Back and to the left

Illustration5-6-7.jpg

If the sneeze had come from across the aisle it would’ve caused my head to pitch to the left.

Illustration8.jpg

That means the sneeze must have come from the front and right.

There must have been a second sneezer!

From the chairs in front of the glassy pole.

Graphic3.jpg

But that’s not what “they” would like you to believe.

The sad thing is we may never know the real truth.

I would have believed this story if the ship had embarked from Texas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:48 PM, alpal1993 said:

Could you please find out for me is the Sunday Special Filet is offered for lunch as well as dinner at Guys Smokehouse .Thanks

I believe the 7 oz filet is the Saturday special.  The Sunday special is a 10 oz NY Strip and they both are available for dinner only, starting at 530 via walk up.

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I believe the 7 oz filet is the Saturday special.  The Sunday special is a 10 oz NY Strip and they both are available for dinner only, starting at 530 via walk up.

Are they good?  How about the pay prime rib? Thanks.

3 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Are they good?  How about the pay prime rib? Thanks.

Don't know.  Just going by what I have seen online.  I did see pictures of the NY Strip and it does look good.  Of course with it being on Sunday it coincides with cruise elegant night one.  Don't know about comparing the pay prime rib for 14.00 versus the MDR prime rib.

• Thanks 1

I'm a longtime lurker of Saint Greg and Sid 9169 reviews so I was excited to see this new one.  I even checked out future Mardi Gras cruises and booked this same cruise for Sep 11! 

Can't wait for Greg to begin his exploration and share everything with us!  

Mary Jon

• Like 4

On 8/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, Saint Greg said:

Specialty Dining

My goal is to try all of the food outlets that don’t exist on other ships. When they announced Chibang! would be included on it’s first cruises, I booked two nights there before it filled up. Chibang! is half Asian and half Mexican so two bookings will allow me to try both sides of the menu.

I planned to book Rudi’s Sea Grill and the Steakhouse on the ship with my onboard credit but I recently noticed that Rudi’s is selling out. The earliest available time to book online was 8pm on elegant night. I went ahead and booked 9pm on the second sea day. I could try to move it to an earlier time on the ship otherwise the late dining time will allow me to try another venue that afternoon.

I went ahead and locked in my preferred early dining time at the Steakhouse as well for the last sea day. I had to put Rudi’s and the Steakhouse on my credit card to make the reservations but I heard you can have that refunded and put them on onboard credit once on the ship.

Did you have any success getting your specialty dining charges refunded and using your onboard credit? I was hoping to do the same on an upcoming cruise. Thanks in advance!

*edit* Just realized you aren't sailing until the 28th..oops haha. My question still stands for when you're onboard though! Looking forward to the review. 

Edited by mrak
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Greg! Currently on the Horizon so I'm late to the game. Looking forward to your Mardi Gras review.  What week are you on the Panorama in October?  We are on the 23rd.

Hey! I'm on the 23rd!

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

Just now, Jamman54 said:

It will great to finally meet you in person! We'll have to plan something special for all of our "fans"!

Definitely. I hear it's a Halloween theme. I haven't decided what I'm going as yet. I've narrowed it down to ninja or surgeon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Definitely. I hear it's a Halloween theme. I haven't decided what I'm going as yet. I've narrowed it down to ninja or surgeon.

Don't normally do the Halloween dress up thing,  but I may have to make an exception.....😁

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Nice! I guess Miracle is filling in for Radiance?

Yes, and the Radiance was filling in for the Imagination which is what we originally booked. It was the last Fantasy class ship that we hadn't been on.  Freaking Covid! ☹

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Yes, and the Radiance was filling in for the Imagination which is what we originally booked. It was the last Fantasy class ship that we hadn't been on.  Freaking Covid! ☹

I would've thought you booked to go on the new (sort of) Radiance. You must've gone on Inspiration last time then?

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I would've thought you booked to go on the new (sort of) Radiance. You must've gone on Inspiration last time then?

Correct. We originally booked the 4 day cruise on the Imagination,  but once they changed it to the Radiance we also booked the 3 day to make it a total of 7 days. We loved the Sunrise,  and also liked Lee Mason who was originally slated to be the Radiances first cruise director. When that was changed to the Miracle we left the bookings alone since we love the Spirit Class ships. 😎

• Like 3