Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Correct. We originally booked the 4 day cruise on the Imagination,  but once they changed it to the Radiance we also booked the 3 day to make it a total of 7 days. We loved the Sunrise,  and also liked Lee Mason who was originally slated to be the Radiances first cruise director. When that was changed to the Miracle we left the bookings alone since we love the Spirit Class ships. 😎

Lee is the best of the current CCL CD's I've had. Of course he's on Panorama now so it looks like it all worked out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Lee is the best of the current CCL CD's I've had. Of course he's on Panorama now so it looks like it all worked out.

Yep! 👍 Now back to Saint Greg's Mardi Gras review. Sorry for the hijack Greg. Cruise on!!! 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Hey! I'm on the 23rd!

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Greg! Currently on the Horizon so I'm late to the game. Looking forward to your Mardi Gras review.  What week are you on the Panorama in October?  We are on the 23rd.

Oh boy! that's going to be a fun week to read about!

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I like Lee as well. Likely for more reasons than you two.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Are you doing a Rapid Antigen test?

I’m doing antigen and pcr. I scheduled the pcr first thinking I wouldn’t have to worry about a false positive and scramble for another test. Then I started to get concerned about getting it back in time so I scheduled an antigen. A lot of people employing this strategy are doing the antigen first then if it’s negative canceling the pcr. I scheduled my pcr first thing so mine are backwards.

Whenever I think about trying to push the pcr back I think…if i need it that makes it even less likely for me to get it back in time so i’m sticking with my 9am. They say it’s usually back the next day so hopefully that’ll be the case this time.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m doing antigen and pcr. I scheduled the pcr first thinking I wouldn’t have to worry about a false positive and scramble for another test. Then I started to get concerned about getting it back in time so I scheduled an antigen. A lot of people employing this strategy are doing the antigen first then if it’s negative canceling the pcr. I scheduled my pcr first thing so mine are backwards.

Whenever I think about trying to push the pcr back I think…if i need it that makes it even less likely for me to get it back in time so i’m sticking with my 9am. They say it’s usually back the next day so hopefully that’ll be the case this time.

I scheduled Antigen for the 3 days out with CVS.  I tried to schedule a PCR but i'm not having much luck with Walgreens. CVS won't allow me to schedule two tests ("you want to cancel your anitgen test?" Argh!) so I'm in limbo land.  😱

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I scheduled Antigen for the 3 days out with CVS.  I tried to schedule a PCR but i'm not having much luck with Walgreens. CVS won't allow me to schedule two tests ("you want to cancel your anitgen test?" Argh!) so I'm in limbo land.  😱

my pcr is through Walmart.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Hey! I'm on the 23rd!

This will be awesome, two great reviews to help relive our cruise and Patti’s awesome pictures to copy.  Enjoy the Mardi Gras!  We still have to rebook her from our December 2020 cancellation.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

COVID test #1: PCR at Walmart neighborhood market.

7D786935-565F-4A65-B597-E2B7676D8AC2.jpeg

The lady at the window needed the confirmation code from my email from quest. Then another guy came over and gave me a zip lock bag. He had me pull out the swab and go an inch deep (nothing compared to what they were doing in Mexico) swirl twice and hold for 15 seconds in each side. Then put the swab in the tube breaking the stick in the middle at the perforation. Put the tube and all of the trash in the zip lock bag along with some paperwork he gave me. Then put the zip lock bag in the white drop box outside the window. 

He told me I would get an email from quest in 2-3 days. The website said results usually back the next day so that's what I would hope for. Of course this is just my safety net against a false positive on the rapid antigen I'm taking at lunch. This morning was the earliest time I could get a PCR and have it count for Saturday. 

• Like 8