On Oasis Simulation cruise 8/22-8/28 to Coco Cay

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Where are you guys, Rewind, Jim we need to meet up.  We are on the ship also.  Loving the free soda, it’s the little things😉

Right now?  Sitting in the Solarium.  If you see a really tall guy with a mostly red Ohio State face mask, that's probably me.  Although as we are in an "outside" venue, I am not currently wearing the mask.

We did 150 Central Park last night and saw another table get cans of soft drinks - not sure if there was a charge for those.  But yes I have had a couple free soft drinks so far.

• Like 1

With 700 to 1,000 people aboard, that sounds like ideal conditions.  No mobs, or trying to find a place to sit in the solarium or the other pool areas.  Enjoy your cruise!  Would love to hear updates.

I'm supposed to sail on October 24th out of Bayonne.  Just wondering how a test cruise with so few people, will help them prepare for a full ship?  Hopefully, we will be able to go.

There was a bit of a line at Loco Fresh for lunch, but there was someone from corporate observing and they were opening the other side of the salsa bar to make things faster.

They are looking for the bugs and ways to solve them for when there are larger crowds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Edhoff said:

Was this a free cruise, if so how did you get picted?

There was a sweepstakes on one of the facebook groups for volunteers to enter.     I believe they are picking now or just selected the volunteers for the Liberty test cruise out of Galveston, TX.     

2 hours ago, tropicgal2 said:

With 700 to 1,000 people aboard, that sounds like ideal conditions.  No mobs, or trying to find a place to sit in the solarium or the other pool areas.  Enjoy your cruise!  Would love to hear updates.

I'm supposed to sail on October 24th out of Bayonne.  Just wondering how a test cruise with so few people, will help them prepare for a full ship?  Hopefully, we will be able to go.

They won't be sailing at full capacity for quite a while.  

Most ships sailing this month have had anywhere from 500 to 1800 passengers per sailing.

There is currently 650ish people on this test cruise, which other ships - such as Allure had about the same amount of people.   

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Where are you guys, Rewind, Jim we need to meet up.  We are on the ship also.  Loving the free soda, it’s the little things😉

We are sitting by the pool right now on 15 under the small yellow umbrellas. Closest to the water slides 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jfio1021 said:

Is this included or is extra money on a typical cruise 

It is not on this sailing either. Any of the specialty restaurants are available to us at 50% off. All beverages and internet also 50% off. The gratuities are the usual amount