Venetian Society Reunion Cruises

swindy

2 hours ago, swindy said:

Can anybody advise what is special about these Reunion cruises?

What extra benefits etc?

Thanks

Would think extra Cost rather than benefits.in my experience of Venetian Society special cruises.

On a Venetian Society cruise several years ago, Andrea Bocelli gave a concert on aboard followed by a very special dinner where they served Tignianello as the free pour.  It was lovely.

we are considering the 2022 VS cruise on the Shadow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herman The Cat said:

It’s just labeled Venetian Society sailings to market it.

No, these are not the standard “Venetian Society” sailings, but rather two special “Reunion” voyages.  We’re very interested in the BCN to LIS sailing based on what Emtbsam said.

A friend and I booked this cruise after we got the first email from Fernando.  Even tho we've been to all the ports, it sounded like it would be special.  And we'll spend a couple of nights in Lisbon.

• Like 1

So these are "special" cruises, but there's no advance information about what will make them special? They are described as having "an array of benefits, one-of-a-kind events, and exclusive experiences ashore" and "exclusive receptions and once-in-a-lifetime events". It sounds nice, but it's so vague that it's hard to know what is marketing hype ends and what is truly unique about of these voyages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseej said:

So these are "special" cruises, but there's no advance information about what will make them special? They are described as having "an array of benefits, one-of-a-kind events, and exclusive experiences ashore" and "exclusive receptions and once-in-a-lifetime events". It sounds nice, but it's so vague that it's hard to know what is marketing hype ends and what is truly unique about of these voyages.

Correct.  That’s how it works.  As time moves on, details are firmed up and announced in order to sell remaining suites at much, much higher per diems.  

As Emtbsam said, on their VS reunion voyage Andrea Bocelli performed on board.  I remember his performance was announced a few months in advance, not when the reunion voyage was released for sale.  And, to think the Super Tuscan Tignanello was the free pour is just mind boggling.

So, maybe this Spanish reunion voyage will include Placido Domingo and Ferran Adrià.  Who knows?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseej said:

I'm booked I paid final payment today  for the Mediterranean 7 night ... Enjoyed a reunion cruise ( last one before UK lockdown) sept 2019 on silver spirit and had a fabulous time ..also it was our 100 day plus so got the certificate & free laundry yep hee ...😊 There were lots of goodies delivered to the suite. Throughout the trip ...

It was great to see so many guests with 1000 of days and the mix of passenger base was very interesting... It had a little upbeat vibe the panaroma Lounge was good fun most nights ( if you like that sort of thing)  I do !! it will be fun 🚢 look forward to meeting new friends 🍹

• Like 3

As I said, I have bookmarked this "Spanish" cruise, although I will probably be paying through my nose, since I will have to wait to book.  My last cruise was on Regent, ending early March 2020.  My DH is overly cautious, and I just want to rush in...not only fools do that...So excited!!

We are actually considering the Asian one and extending it to the 28 day voyage they have advertised.  The one in the Med is too short for us and the b2b cruises aren’t what we want.  Of course by then we might be so anxious to get back on SSea that we would go anywhere.

one day at a time while we see how Bob’s recovery progresses.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

We are actually considering the Asian one and extending it to the 28 day voyage they have advertised.  The one in the Med is too short for us and the b2b cruises aren’t what we want.  Of course by then we might be so anxious to get back on SSea that we would go anywhere.

one day at a time while we see how Bob’s recovery progresses.

Linking in to WC2023?