Arrival and departure groups

Retired 07

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

We board the Majestic on November 6th.

Arrival groups were finally available late yesterday.

53 minutes ago, #1Nanna said:

We also are on the Majestic, Oct 6th and were finally able to choose our boarding group last night. It is still showing this morning so hopefully all is well. However,  I am still not able to choose departure group. 

I am curious, when you were finally able to book your arrival time slot, did you have to have each person in your stateroom log in to the app and select their own arrival slot, or were you able to just select for everyone in your stateroom?

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

I am curious, when you were finally able to book your arrival time slot, did you have to have each person in your stateroom log in to the app and select their own arrival slot, or were you able to just select for everyone in your stateroom?

Since my wife shows up in the app as my travel companion, I'm assuming that the arrival time is for her as well, but I'll check her app to make sure. If you don't hear anything else from me, she's good to go.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I was able to make a reservation for my wife & me being signed in to my MC app account. I have been able to do everything for both of us that way to get in the Green Lane & get a QR Code.

Edited by Astro Flyer

47 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I was able to make a reservation for my wife & me being signed in to my MC app account. I have been able to do everything for both of us that way to get in the Green Lane & get a QR Code.

That was what I thought too, but on a whim, when I signed into the App using DW's credentials, Ocean Ready was missing a green check mark for her for "Choose Your Ocean Medallion."  Once I went through that part for her, she now has the same green check marks as me.

That's why I was curious if the same thing will happen when we are able to select the arrival time.

• Like 1

For Arrival/Departure (but only the first one really matters, right?), your cabinmate is also there and the res is for both combined.  You can de-select one person and select differing arrival groups.  That might be employed by two cabinmates with separate travel plans, but seems to me would be pretty rare usage.

• Like 1

I am sailing in December. Today for the first time, when I clicked Arrival Group a new screen came up asking me to choose the expected time of arrival and included specific times.  But each time listed states there are "0" available groups.  I was hopeful for a moment, but still 80 days out so no worries.

2 hours ago, Sail away MK said:

I am sailing in December. Today for the first time, when I clicked Arrival Group a new screen came up asking me to choose the expected time of arrival and included specific times.  But each time listed states there are "0" available groups.  I was hopeful for a moment, but still 80 days out so no worries.

Same thing for us.  The groups are there but say zero are available..............*****!  Why list the groups and not have them available.  This just gets stranger and stranger.

6 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I was able to choose the arrival group for both my husband and myself. I checked on his app afterwards and it shows. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Westsail32 said:

I was finally able to select arrival groups for both the 9/25/21 five day Grand Princess Cabo trip and the 10/30/21 seven day Majestic Princess Mexican Riviera trip today.  

Westsail32 - just wondering if you have been able to find a place for Covid test in the Palm Springs area within 48 hrs of sailing.  We are in Palm Desert and trying to decide if we should buy the home test as it looks like Princess will probably not test at the port (IMHO).

1 hour ago, DiRonT said:

Westsail32 - just wondering if you have been able to find a place for Covid test in the Palm Springs area within 48 hrs of sailing.  We are in Palm Desert and trying to decide if we should buy the home test as it looks like Princess will probably not test at the port (IMHO).

I did a lot of research for my brother who lives in the Palm Desert area.  The only (Trusted Partner) rapid test acceptable for travel to Hawaii was at the Ontario Airport.

We couldn't figure out how CLEAR Health Pass worked, but they did show some tests available at Eisenhower Health, in and around Palm Springs Airport, but no Walgreens in the area had rapid tests.  Not sure any of these were rapid tests.

The other search turned up (acceptable for Princess/Not Hawaii):

CVS in Temecula

Temecula - 33205 Temecula Parkway Poct Covid - 19 Testing Site Lane 2,

33205 Temecula Parkway, Temecula, CA 92592

Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen)

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I did a lot of research for my brother who lives in the Palm Desert area.  The only (Trusted Partner) rapid test acceptable for travel to Hawaii was at the Ontario Airport.

We couldn't figure out how CLEAR Health Pass worked, but they did show some tests available at Eisenhower Health, in and around Palm Springs Airport, but no Walgreens in the area had rapid tests.  Not sure any of these were rapid tests.

The other search turned up (acceptable for Princess/Not Hawaii):

CVS in Temecula

Temecula - 33205 Temecula Parkway Poct Covid - 19 Testing Site Lane 2,

33205 Temecula Parkway, Temecula, CA 92592

Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen)

Thanks for this info.  I did find a CovidClinic that does the RapidTest (Antigen) close by PSP Airport but they are pop-up locations and don't know for sure how long they will be there, so I am looking for alternatives.  Thinking I might buy the at home test kits but not real savvy about doing the "zoom call with monitor" part.  I guess we will try and figure it out.  Thanks again for the info you provided.

54 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Thanks for this info.  I did find a CovidClinic that does the RapidTest (Antigen) close by PSP Airport but they are pop-up locations and don't know for sure how long they will be there, so I am looking for alternatives.  Thinking I might buy the at home test kits but not real savvy about doing the "zoom call with monitor" part.  I guess we will try and figure it out.  Thanks again for the info you provided.

Watch one of the videos showing someone doing the test.  It looks pretty easy.  We chose this option.

On 9/15/2021 at 5:18 PM, DiRonT said:

Sorry for the late reply.  I'm using EdMed Binax AG tests.  I have a PCR test 8am at Quest made thru that link from Princess.  I was originally going to book a rapid at the Torrance CVS on their website.  That was the closest rapid I found.  I changed my mind and just bought EdMed instead.

Edited by Westsail32

7 minutes ago, Westsail32 said:

Sorry for the late reply.  I'm using EdMed Binax AG tests.  I have a PCR test 8am at Quest made thru that link from Princess.  I was originally going to book a rapid at the Torrance CVS on their website.  That was the closest rapid I found.  I changed my mind and just bought EdMed instead.

No problem - think we will also do the Emed Binax AG test at home.  Other than that, the other option was a CVS in Long Beach daybegore cruise but rumors are they have been running out of the tests, so don't think we will take the chance.

See this great video that shows someone using the home kit.

It’s very through. Be careful that you don’t accidentally drop the test card on the floor as Tony did as it will be useless. Good to have a least one other card as a backup. 

This test was for a cruise on the Majestic Princess that departed today. 

Hope you find this video useful. 

Good Luck.  Los Angeles had to wait a long time for Arrival times to show up.  Princess had several predicted days...60, 45, 30.  I think, but don't have the post in front of me, that it was closer to just a few weeks out before the very first cruise.  I know, not helpful.

17 minutes ago, Dive Girl said:

I still can't choose arrival group. We cruise November 6 from Fort Lauderdale.

That might be caused by negotiations still ongoing with the port authority for embarkation procedures.

That’s what they said about the Port of LA delays including for people less than 2 weeks from boarding. When they finally made Arrival Group times available they released over a month of cruises at the same time including mine 5 weeks before sailing. 

14 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That might be caused by negotiations still ongoing with the port authority for embarkation procedures.

Something tells me the big girls will still be arriving at PE for 6am and the mid-size ones at 7am.  Departure will be 4pm.  Do we really think it will be anything different?

Anyway, HQ word is about 20 - 30 days in advance.

The bad thing is they aren't notifying people and not letting Elites and Suites in first to select.

• Like 3