EDGE

george35

This is for all who sailed on the EDGE, I belive there are 4 FREE dinning rooms on the EDGE, my question is when you get on board you are assigned to one of them right?? We will be on a b/b in Oct. 2 &  9th & would like to try all of them on our 1st cruise so we can pick our favorite on to eat in on our 2nd leg of the cruise so we would like to know how to do this. Would we have to go to the head waiter on the 1st night & tell him we want to try them out & make reservations thru him or is there another way to do this?

george35

If you are anytime dining go to any restaurant you want, if set dinning time early or late set in 1 dining room full cruise. I made reservations for each night before we got on board. There was never a wait for people without reservations, but ship is not full. I would make reservations before you leave then don’t have to worry about it. Each dining room has a special menu the there are a few starters and entrees which change daily in all dining rooms

43 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

When we were on the Edge back in the good old days when full (2/2020), we were anytime dining and just showed up and we tried all of them. Never a wait. We like the Mediterranean the best. For breakfast only one was used.we used it everyday and it was great. I’ve had it with the Buffet, between the wait for food snd table availability for breakfast.

We were also on the Edge on 2/20 and your are correct. Never had a wait, just showed up when they opened if you eat early. Only the décor is different between the 4 MDRs and a specialty dish.

You were given incorrect information.  To make reservations for the 4 MDR log into the Cruise Planner then go to Specialty Dining.  Scroll down to the bottom and you will find the 4 MDRs and you can make reservations.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, george35 said:

Thank you all for your help but I got on MANAGE MY RESERVATIONS & could not do anything, maybe its to early, will try next week.

george35

Are you Select Dining? Honestly, I think people with traditional dining could still make it to the other MDRs with prior notice, but I don’t think they could make the online reservations pre-cruise.

I hoped to do the Apex cruise to Israel September 2022. However the select dining option had gone. We had hoped to try all the MDRs thus sticking to the one MDR at a set time was a definite no go for DW. Thought about Aqua but for extra £600 was not keen as we do not like to be straight jacketed for meal times.   I wish Celebrity would go fully Select dining. Sorry a bit off topic. 

59 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I hoped to do the Apex cruise to Israel September 2022. However the select dining option had gone. We had hoped to try all the MDRs thus sticking to the one MDR at a set time was a definite no go for DW. Thought about Aqua but for extra £600 was not keen as we do not like to be straight jacketed for meal times.   I wish Celebrity would go fully Select dining. Sorry a bit off topic. 

Aqua has always been select dining, eat when you want.

Edited by dkjretired

Pre-Covid,, we did Aqua on Edge.  We could go to Blu every night, but instead , after one or two dinners in Blu, we went to each of the four Main Dining Rooms in turn, to experience each of them.  We just walked in, Anytime, and we were taken care of by the staff.  

Before we had upgraded to Aqua, I had made reservations on-line for each night, rotating amongst the four MDRs, but I cancelled those reservations when we upgraded to Blu.  But then we decided we needed to try each of the MDRs -- it was our first cruise on Edge and we wanted to try the various options -- including Eden!

We were set traditional 6pm dining. You pick one of the 4 MDRs to start with. We then went to the M’aitre de and got the 3 others set for 6pm. Then went back and forth to a couple of our favorites. 

we were on a Edge B2B and had a great time in a few of the specialty’s and all the MDRs. 

When we went back to our original MDR we got the same table. It was all easy And flexible. 

the point is with set dining, either traditional time or late you can go to any and all.

before anyone asks, Cyprus was our favorite but all are great. 

den

From what I have read you can now be in any one  of the 4 MDRs and order the special items from any the 4 dining rooms. So unless you want a change of decor or servers you can have the best of all without changing dining rooms or servers.

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

From what I have read you can now be in any one  of the 4 MDRs and order the special items from any the 4 dining rooms. So unless you want a change of decor or servers you can have the best of all without changing dining rooms or servers.

I've read this on this Forum, but two years ago, each of the four MDRs had its own special items, and you needed to go to that restaurant to get its special items.  (Or, if you could order from the other MDRs' menus, no one told us that!)  It seems that they all share the same kitchen, so it makes sense for them to have relaxed this "rule."

23 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

It's possible you can get on the waiting list for Select Dining. I've managed to move from the waiting list to Select Dining twice in the past. Good luck. Cheers

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I've read this on this Forum, but two years ago, each of the four MDRs had its own special items, and you needed to go to that restaurant to get its special items.  (Or, if you could order from the other MDRs' menus, no one told us that!)  It seems that they all share the same kitchen, so it makes sense for them to have relaxed this "rule."

It may depend on your waiter.  Several years ago, on a cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit, my young daughter wanted pasta with red sauce every night.  At the time it wasn't available on the kids menu (I think this has changed since then).  On nights that a red tomato sauce was available on the adult menu in the dining room, our waiter managed to get the kitchen to make it for her.  Some nights only a cream sauce was available, on those nights the pasta came from the kitchen without any sauce, and then a little while later a bowl of red sauce 'magically' arrived to the table.  Eventually we found out that the assistant waiter was sent on a mission to run up to the oceanview cafe, to find tomato sauce for my daughter, from the pasta station in the buffet.

We felt a little guilty when we figured out wall the trouble they went to for us, but some waiters will certainly go out of their way to keep everyone happy.

Finding the "special item" from the kitchen and bringing it to the "wrong" dining room seems like nothing compared to sending the assistant waiter up to the buffet.

On 8/24/2021 at 5:38 PM, cangelmd said:

Are you Select Dining? Honestly, I think people with traditional dining could still make it to the other MDRs with prior notice, but I don’t think they could make the online reservations pre-cruise.

That  is my understanding as well.   The non Select diners are assigned to a dining rm at discretion of X..Once on board you can try for the other restaurants. With reduced capacity probably will be okay.   Many menu items are avaikable no matter where u dine..excepts a few exclusives.

55 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

Eventually we found out that the assistant waiter was sent on a mission to run up to the oceanview cafe, to find tomato sauce for my daughter, from the pasta station in the buffet.

We felt a little guilty when we figured out wall the trouble they went to for us, but some waiters will certainly go out of their way to keep everyone happy.

Wow, another example of the wonderful service by Celebrity staff!  What a gem you had!

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2021 at 8:28 PM, Mike45LC said:

Wow, another example of the wonderful service by Celebrity staff!  What a gem you had!

yes, I agree...wonderful service---extra special treatment by dining room staff for you and family AND much more time consuming for them. I LOVE that they did this for you without explaining how difficult it may have been!

On 8/25/2021 at 8:28 PM, Mike45LC said:

We will be taking the EDGE on its March 28, 2022 sailing and soooo looking forward to it!!!  It's those extra little perks that are given us aboard Celebrity that keeps us coming back for more.

7 minutes ago, robenv said:

We will be taking the EDGE on its March 28, 2022 sailing and soooo looking forward to it!!!  It's those extra little perks that are given us aboard Celebrity that keeps us coming back for more.

You will love the EDGE so innovative and open.  Only sailed her once but all was fantastic.  APEX and BEYOND booked in 2022, cannot wait!

On 8/24/2021 at 3:26 PM, Oceangoer2 said:

You can make your reservations online (Manage my Reservation link) for each night in one of the included dining rooms.  The specialty restaurants are not included, but you can also reserve (and pay) online for them.

I spoke too soon...the process is correct, but just found we're not able to reserve our Select anytime dining room choice right now.  Message is "unavailable but we're working on it".  I'm assuming too soon for a cruise next June?  Was able to book specialty dining however.

47 minutes ago, stinkyenglishteacher said:

We loved Bordeaux the most even though we had Anytime Dining. The maitre’d decided he would just make a nightly reservation for us. 🤣🤣

There isn't a dining room called Bordeaux.  They are Tuscan, Cosmopolitan, Cyprus and Normandie.