The Daily for Thursday August 26, 2021

richwmn

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

Women's equality is correct.

Almost everyone likes dogs.

Our Sarah's Dalmatian Domino died a few years ago now but is still missed.

Sometimes you have to make your own luck.

Good quote of the day.

I will give the food and drink a miss.

Never been to today's destination.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

IMG_20210810_140134.jpg

• Like 21

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I am on call today for a friend undergoing her first chemo treatment at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore for stage four cancer. The drugs being used have a 90% success rate for similar cases caught early. Hers is the first stage four case. Praying they work for her. 

Prayers the treatment works for her too 🙏🏻 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

👍Thank you for The Daily Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists. We miss having the poochies... both passed.🐾🐾

😉Fort de France, Martinique is a port on our December itinerary (🚢Rotterdam).

🌴My neighbors return from Maui today..unfortunately I'm reading that the Governor of HI is very concerned and warning tourists that "this is not the time" to visit the islands due to rising numbers of Covid cases. I'm glad our family was able to visit the end of July.

🙏Prayers for all in need and to those who contribute. 

Katie

mqnew.gif

20210826_071401.jpg

• Like 25

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Yea, they found us a vaccinated replacement for our aide.We are so relieved. She will come next Tuesdaybwhen the present one leaves.

That’s such great news, Carol and such a relief 👍 

Sorry about dealing with all of the insurance garbage and the mess 😔. It’s the last thing you need on your plate right now 😡 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

When I went to the stylist for my cut yesterday, she explained the "colour emergency" that pre-empted my appointment.  Apparently someone purchased a hair colour from the dollar store, thinking she could save herself some money . . . the outcome was that the colour wasn't a lovely light brown, it was copper penny red.  LOL  

If you lived in a small town, by now everyone would know who that was!

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

Good morning, all! If you still have to talk about equality, you haven’t achieved it yet. I still my dogs, and whenever I see someone else’s it’s National Dog Day for me. Making my own luck,is really the only way to have any at all. The quote is spot on. The meal sounds good for a cool rainy day. It’s supposed to rain today, we shall see. We certainly need it!

Yesterday DH and I assembled a shed from Costco. Today we will install the shelves. I did a lot of messaging with our TA over the changes and cancellations to the Grand Voyages. At least the Daily is still here and can be relied on!

Happy Thursday, courtesy of our beloved BHBs and the patient souls who change the elevator mats and keep our lives on track!

C2110962-15FF-4AB7-8BCD-7D3D3042990D.thumb.jpeg.3f15bc6ccaa6be2300f292a3e9d6e98d.jpeg

• Like 24

Good morning all!

I like all 3 days, and love the quote.  Like Debbie @dfishas a Diabetic I can't imagine having rice and potatoes in one dish...but with a few moderations this could be a very good meal.

There's a glimmer of hope re getting my covid booster.  SIL texted me yesterday, the buzz at work was that Biden will be announcing "soon" they will recommend boosters at 6 months post 2nd vaccine instead of 8 months.  IF it happens soon enough, I may be able to get it before we leave in 25 days.  DH is doing fine after his, just a little tiredness.

@JAM37welcome to the Daily! We hope to hear a lot more from you. 🙂  

@cat shepardprayers for your friend as she undergoes chemo treatment.  

We're more cat people, but I do love my grand-doggies.  DS and DDIL have had several dogs over the years, now they're down to one (who visited us with DS last week). 

Rogue (left) and Huey (right).  Huey passed a few months ago. 😞  

866666249_HueyandRogue.jpg.f97bc7b0e08952d8b3731651f6f7bc6f.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning All,

We have the makings of another hot day. It’s errands, visit with Dad ( the highlight) and packing to finish on the agenda today. I’m planning on doing one final recheck and organize of what I’m taking, then locking the bag. I’m vowing not to “do the crazies” this time. ( I get into a pack, add/remove, repack, weigh pattern that can go on and on….)

The tent I ordered apparently got lost at the Amazon facility in San Bernardino. So I have to decide whether to borrow my neighbor’s as he has offered, or buy one BEFORE the REI Labor Day sale starts.

Have a great day all!

• Like 22

2 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

I joined Cruise Critic yesterday and started reading the Daily, past and present, immediately. I look forward to getting to know you all through this forum.

Have a terrific day.

welcome aboard, Jim.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Himself said:

This is a very busy Airport.  Atlanta and Chicago O'Hare are among the nation's busiest.  Some call O'Hare: O''Scar.

Atlanta and O'Hare aren't among the nations busiest, they are the nations busiest. Atlanta for the last few years before the pandemic was in first with O'Hare a close second

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

I joined Cruise Critic yesterday and started reading the Daily, past and present, immediately. I look forward to getting to know you all through this forum.

Have a terrific day.

Glad to have you on board. Welcome. Jim,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

Have a terrific day.

Glad to have you on board. Welcome. Jim,

• Like 4

@cat shepard  Hope your friend gets good results from the chemo treatments.

@mamaofami  Carol, that is great news that you have a vaccinated aide for Sam next week.  Sorry about all the insurance hassles which keep you from being able to enjoy Sam's continued improvement.

@ger_77  Gerry, thank you for telling us the details of the color emergency.

Lenda 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, kazu said:

Was their sugar in our tea?  I hope not.  Many years ago a client spilled coffee on my laptop.  I cleaned the keyboard up right away but the coffee had sugar in it and the IT guy told me sugar fries the motherboard in time.  I had to get a new one 😔 

I don't think so.  I'm hoping it starts working better now because DH figured out not only was my wireless mouse working but the touchpad on the laptop was working at the same time.  There was a huge hunt to find the way to turn off the touchpad (Microsoft updates seem to change everything on a computer).  Once he found a way to turn the touchpad off I then only had the wireless mouse controlling things.  So far here in my first post since the change it all seems to be working flawlessly!  Knocking on wood!!🙂

• Like 21

4 hours ago, kazu said:

The Black Pearl chili’s flower is very different.  It’s purple!  It’s the first year I’ve planted this type of chili and it caught me by surprise.

That is so pretty!  It would have been a surprise for me also. Can’t wait until you harvest some and tell us how they taste. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

Have a terrific day.

Welcome to the Daily!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Wild storms this morning, but they seemed to have calmed down now. I am on call today for a friend undergoing her first chemo treatment at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore for stage four cancer. The drugs being used have a 90% success rate for similar cases caught early. Hers is the first stage four case. Praying they work for her. 

Ann, praying for your friend. How long are the chemo treatments?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

That is so pretty!  It would have been a surprise for me also. Can’t wait until you harvest some and tell us how they taste. 

I can pretty much guarantee I won’t be tasting them 😉. DH will give me a report though.  The hotter they are, the happier he is 😄 

• Like 9

Good morning all,

Thought I better post now before the day gets away.  

Thank you for all the lists and pictures.  Especially of the all those cute dogs.  Sure do miss our Maggie.  She was a lakeland terrier...all terrier but a great companion.

Overcast and perhaps a change of some small drizzle today here in Vancouver WA.  Next on my agenda is a quick walk before Costco.  

Did my last morning drop off for the grandkids.  Will pick them up this afternoon and we are now retired again.  Hoping that the school stay open once they start on the 31st.  Our grands are used to wearing masks so that shouldn't be an issue for them.  

Have a wonderful day everyone.  Appreciate hearing all the news from you all.  

Safe travels to those headed out.  Prayers to those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

• Like 18

30 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I don't think so.  I'm hoping it starts working better now because DH figured out not only was my wireless mouse working but the touchpad on the laptop was working at the same time.  There was a huge hunt to find the way to turn off the touchpad (Microsoft updates seem to change everything on a computer).  Once he found a way to turn the touchpad off I then only had the wireless mouse controlling things.  So far here in my first post since the change it all seems to be working flawlessly!  Knocking on wood!!🙂

👍 This is when a hurrah button would be great.  Hope it keeps working. 🤞

Lenda

• Like 12

Good morning, Dailyites, and welcome @JAM37!  The more the merrier.  😃  Very exciting here today, we are threatened(promised) 70% chance of rain this afternoon.  We do so need it!  There may be some even in the interior of BC and that should help with all the fires.

I have a bunch of avocados from Costco all ripening at the same time, of course, so I think tonight will be something avocado-y, perhaps with shrimp.  

We love all dogs, cats, birds, but our latest pets have been dogs.  Trapper, DD's dog, came from Alaska, we estimated he was part grizzly. He knocked me over 3 times in his lifetime, but I loved him anyway.  As it is National Dog Day, I will be sure to check outside for any passing canines and greet them!

Trapper (chocolate lab) and friends at the park.

2035741898_Trapperandfriends-shopped.thumb.jpg.27bc3ea1731e6dd2827812a280b7b592.jpg

The other DD had a bichon, Bella, who ruled the roost.   Her "memorial card".

33061227_BellaCollage.thumb.jpg.ce3839304f0909e77fc7971f7cf2d4b8.jpg

Now, DS has a shitzu named Oskar.  DD here doesn't like him because you can't see his eyes.  But he is very sweet.

IMG_5804.thumb.JPG.ebfd4dd64a366e44638bc2d3ca4013f8.JPG

We visited Martinique on our one and only Caribbean cruise on Koningsdam.  It was a lovely B2B, the first part we had DD and her BF with us, and the second half we were joined by @sailingdutchy and his DW.  

We enjoyed Fort de France, but the highlight was dinner in the Tamarind that day!

IMG_4194.thumb.JPG.01f9245412b8cc538c2891c66a43916b.JPG

IMG_4199.thumb.JPG.d096a65bad8364ada07129e9ba9f4da8.JPG

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 25