Video: Medical Evacuation from Regal Princess today 8/26/2021

CineGraphic

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Covid ?  UK covid new cases are near 40,000 per day.

You really think that?  Highly unlikely in my opinion, all passengers are fully vaccinated, and tested for Covid before boarding.  As it’s a 4 night cruise I don’t believe the passenger could develop the virus to such an extent they require urgent medical attention within the time frame.

whatever their ailment I hope they are getting the treatment they need and are now feeling much better.

Personally I don’t like these type of videos and seeing it uploaded by a staff member When the cruise is still underway is particularly distasteful, could cause worry and distress to those who know people onboard. 

• Like 9

We’re onboard Regal right now and the captain made announcements yesterday regarding this evacuation. Guests in certain aft cabins were asked to vacate their cabins for safety reasons and and many guests went up on deck to watch the evacuation but were not allowed on the aft decks. 

The captain didn’t disclose the nature of the illness the passenger was suffering with but as there are a high number of elderly passengers onboard it really could be anything.

I also would have thought if it was COVID related then there would have been additional announcements regarding anyone experiencing COVID symptoms to contact the medical centre, which there hadn’t been.

The crew have all been absolutely great as has the food and entertainment, particularly the piano entertainer in Crooners. We only wish the weather was warmer as we find it too cool & windy to sit on deck or use the pools (although many passengers are braving it each day).

• Like 5

On 8/26/2021 at 11:27 PM, Pink-belle said:

Personally I don’t like these type of videos and seeing it uploaded by a staff member When the cruise is still underway is particularly distasteful, could cause worry and distress to those who know people onboard. 

I agree but the public likes the drama in the news.  Two years ago, my house burned down in a California wildfire and CNN set up a camera right in front of it to broadcast it burning.  Lots of ghouls in the world.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:07 AM, simon stingray said:

We’re onboard Regal right now and the captain made announcements yesterday regarding this evacuation. Guests in certain aft cabins were asked to vacate their cabins for safety reasons and and many guests went up on deck to watch the evacuation but were not allowed on the aft decks. 

The captain didn’t disclose the nature of the illness the passenger was suffering with but as there are a high number of elderly passengers onboard it really could be anything.

I also would have thought if it was COVID related then there would have been additional announcements regarding anyone experiencing COVID symptoms to contact the medical centre, which there hadn’t been.

The crew have all been absolutely great as has the food and entertainment, particularly the piano entertainer in Crooners. We only wish the weather was warmer as we find it too cool & windy to sit on deck or use the pools (although many passengers are braving it each day).

Who is the piano player? 

3 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Who is the piano player? 

A J Clarke and he was very good. 

Also just a further update for anyone who is interested, we briefly chatted to a lady onboard and she happened to be the daughter of the lady who was evacuated off the ship. She stated that her mother had became very confused and the Doctor suspected sepsis and after arriving at hospital she was responding well to treatment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, simon stingray said:

A J Clarke and he was very good. 

Also just a further update for anyone who is interested, we briefly chatted to a lady onboard and she happened to be the daughter of the lady who was evacuated off the ship. She stated that her mother had became very confused and the Doctor suspected sepsis and after arriving at hospital she was responding well to treatment.

Thank you for this update, good to hear that the passenger is doing well.

The times where I have been on a ship with a medical evacuation - the Captain has informed us that it was "not to be filmed or photographed" and there would be consequences for doing so. I think this is out of respect for the patient. I will not watch the video because of that.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Coral said:

The times where I have been on a ship with a medical evacuation - the Captain has informed us that it was "not to be filmed or photographed" and there would be consequences for doing so. I think this is out of respect for the patient. I will not watch the video because of that.

Agree.  People who do this are just looking for sensationalism.  

• Like 1