Covid Positive ….. next test????

debnrick

Okay, not sure if this has been discussed…….

You have recently tested positive for Covid. You had mild symptoms. Quarantined the required period. No longer have a fever. It’s been 45 days and you still test positive and are vaccinated. Are they going to let you sail because your test could show up positive for weeks or months after you have fully recovered from Covid? Some people show a negative test shortly after while others can remain positive for a long period of time. 

• Like 2

Did you see the video of the woman being taking off a RCI ship after testing positive, while claiming she had the virus 3 months before? I regret your situtation but right now the cruise lines are not in the position to review a persons medical history so a postive mean simply no sailing. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just a bit of clarification. When a person tests positive for the Covid 19 Virus they are recommended to "Isolate" not "Quarantine" for 10 days.  The individuals who are a "Close" contacts (6ft or closer for 15 minutes) to a person who tests positive are recommended to "Quarantine" for 10 days while watching out for Covid symptoms.  

I am not in the Medical profession but close relatives have been in practice for many years. 

• 1 month later...

Call Carnival directly to get the answer from the "horses mouth" so to speak.  You can continue to test positive up to 90 days.  I believe the general rule for most employers for a positive person to return to work is "symptom free for 72 hrs......meaning no fever, etc."  If the person continues to have issues such as breathing problems they should always contact their doctor for direction. I don't believe employers require a negative test prior to returning to the workplace.

• Like 1

All of the specifics can be found here:  https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

@Just1Wonder referred to a doctor's note.  If you will scroll down to the section for Health Questionnaire and Screening and look for the subsection "What happens if I have symptoms for a non-COVID illness?", that is where you will find this reference.  NOTE:  This is NOT (I cannot stress this enough) for someone who has recovered from Covid, it is for a non-Covid illness.

@debnrick, it is pretty specific that ANY person with a positive test cannot sail.  There are no exceptions.

• Like 1