“LIVE” Symphony! A greatly anticipated return to the Sea 🤗

2 hours ago, SixBitsKyle said:

Great trip report so far. 

Quick question. Do any bars have seating available at the actual bar? It appears every ship is different with their policies. 

I hadn’t noticed actually. Definitely not at the pool bars it seems. I’ll check this evening and report back 

22 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

No, it was open every day.🤗 No self serving tho. There’s a server who take your order. He just graciously moved out of the way so I could snap this photo 💕 

Well that server is going to be busy with me on there on the 9/11!!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Ok, someone here knows what this is? 🤔8CA986FC-F239-4A8B-ADAC-EB7883A45C18.thumb.jpeg.bd66245388c16b7b406ed395a494b242.jpegIt’s not a Star Wars laser weapon, although it sure looks that way…. Pondered this while at the Beach Pool today 

It is a crane for lowering things into Central Park. It is usually under a tarp like cover. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

Breakfast with the best view ever 💕

2014931D-A363-4974-BF41-3B85197F0AAA.thumb.jpeg.9f58cd5666177e8fdf86b04669c864c0.jpeg

Is this the "type" of breakfast that is complimentary in all cabins or only for suites? I think I read that there are some breakfast items still complimentary but not the whole menu? Looks yummy!  Thank you!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

I hadn’t noticed actually. Definitely not at the pool bars it seems. I’ll check this evening and report back 

Thank you! Just a thought...maybe just vaccinated only venues have them and other areas such as the pool bars don't. 

17 hours ago, brookmill18 said:

Is this the "type" of breakfast that is complimentary in all cabins or only for suites? I think I read that there are some breakfast items still complimentary but not the whole menu? Looks yummy!  Thank you!

continental items are complimentary. All others have a charge of $7.95. If you are in a suite, you can order items from the MDR menus also, during their regular serving hours 

3E19ED0F-39A7-4B24-800F-AA6A47D4BC56.thumb.jpeg.d14d0d05cf75831c41c5010759343189.jpeg

DA0165AC-96BE-47AE-ACCE-FE529D86A190.thumb.jpeg.d673db0803e3608a7fb09991b243f44d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

What you may see online as being full could be anything but in real life.

Our recent Celebrity Summit cruises had less than 400. However, if you did a sample booking it appeared many more cabins were booked. 

55 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

continental items are complimentary. All others have a charge of $7.95. If you are in a suite, you can order items from the MDR menus also, during their regular serving hours 

3E19ED0F-39A7-4B24-800F-AA6A47D4BC56.thumb.jpeg.d14d0d05cf75831c41c5010759343189.jpeg

DA0165AC-96BE-47AE-ACCE-FE529D86A190.thumb.jpeg.d673db0803e3608a7fb09991b243f44d.jpeg

My personal Genie takes care of that for me.....btw he lives with me!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

What you may see online as being full could be anything but in real life.

Yes, this is true. We had friends who wanted to join us on this sailing, but it was in fact fully booked. When we boarded we spoke to a staff member who said there were around 2k booked, but our waiter in the MDR said the actual number who sailed was closer to 1400 due to cancellations the week of. 

I am personally enjoying everything about this cruise. I’m fact, it makes me want to book another in the short term while reduced capacity is still a thing. 

don’t miss quest or game shows. There’s evening musical entertainment and with the exception of flight, most of the shows are available for booking.   Have only waited for an elevator twice this entire week, because they were at 6 person capacity. 

• Like 3

Last night we had dinner in the MDR. As soon as we walked up to the entrance, noticed it was lined on either side with staff,  all waving and cheering “welcome back” . Not going to lie, I got a bit teary eyed. One we found our table, the waiter and assistant waiter came over immediately to introduce themselves and asked why they haven’t seen us this whole week 😔 

we then got to chatting a bit with our waiter who told us how hard this has been on so many of them. They realize the new protocols are limiting and they miss the things they were able to do before to provide us a great experience…..pulling out chairs, singing happy birthday, hugs and photos with guests. 

he shared how hopeful they are for a safe return and his eyes welled up while talking with us about how important it is that they get this really right. 

they both asked if we would be back tomorrow. Didn’t have the heart to say no- that we had reservations at Hooked. Guess that will have to wait until our next sailing in February on Symphony. We decided instead to visit the MDR again tonight and tip the staff what we would have paid for our specialty dining.

I can’t  even  imagine the hardships some of these people and their families have had to endure. 

and, both the meal and the dining experience was the best we had had this entire week 💕

• Like 13

2 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

The Oasis Lagoon pool is fabulous. Our last trip here we had a beach Cabana at the cococay beach club, so I didn’t really see many other parts of the island

We're trying to decide if a beach club pass is worthwhile.  There's only 2 of us so a $1500 over water cabana doesn't make much sense and the beach cabanas are sold out (and also probably wouldn't make sense for 2 people).  That means getting a $145 pp day pass for a nicer pool and better food.  Do you think that's worth it, especially with low capacity cruises and lots of open chairs available on the rest of the island?