Question to the Moderator

I have a question regarding reporting of rule violations.  Often someone makes a post about working with a "large big box TA".  We all know what this is a code word for.  Is this considered a violation of the rule that we are not supposed to mention a specific TA?  Should we bother you and waste your time since you are a  volunteer with reporting violations of this type or just ignore it as this violation occurs so often.

Feel free to delete this post if you wish..

Thanks.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

50 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I have a question regarding reporting of rule violations.  Often someone makes a post about working with a "large big box TA".  We all know what this is a code word for.  Is this considered a violation of the rule that we are not supposed to mention a specific TA?  Should we bother you and waste your time since you are a  volunteer with reporting violations of this type or just ignore it as this violation occurs so often.

Thanks.

DON

Whenever I have had a question of why something is done, the post has stayed on the board, but it gets a reply from the moderators that the guidelines say you should not post anything questioning the policies of the moderators. The exact section of the rules is then quoted.

And I would not be surprised if this post is deleted.

Edited by ontheweb
added second paragraph

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Thanks.

DON

Is there just one “large big box TA”?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Is there just one “large big box TA”?

There probably are but I am guessing that most of they time they are referring to C***co.  My point was that the people are probably violating the spirit of the rule if not the letter of it.  

DON

1 minute ago, donaldsc said:

There probably are but I am guessing that most of they time they are referring to C***co.  My point was that the people are probably violating the spirit of the rule if not the letter of it.  

DON

The Mod's do a fine job. They certainly don't need some of you trying to police and report every little  infraction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any questions/comments/feedback regarding board management should not be posted on the boards. See the following from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com ..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please send your email with your questions/comments/feedback concerning board management to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com. Also, please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic member name.

This thread is closed.

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

The Mod's do a fine job. They certainly don't need some of you trying to police and report every little  infraction.

Remember, since Cruise Critic does not review messages before they are posted and cannot read through the thousands of messages posted each day, we depend on you and all our fellow Cruise Critic members for help.

Stated in the Guidelines: "We encourage you to utilize the reporting system built into the board system; you'll find a Report a Post icon located in the upper right hand corner of the posting. Use it! We will review the report and take appropriate action."

Report a post is the route to take when seeing a post or thread that violates the Guidelines or the new COVID-related Discussion rules, is off topic, Harassment - Member Directed Posts, Advertising - Travel Agent(cy) Recommending, Nuisance Posts, etc. See the pinned post by LauraS on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum:

To help us, just click the the ellipsis (the three dots) next to the post number and click Report. If your reason for the report is not listed, you will be using the Report post text box where it says, "Optionally enter a  message with your report." Just type in your message and click Submit report.

And please remember the following from Laura's pinned post:

"...When done with your message, click Submit Report. Your part is done at that point. Please do not quote or reply to the reported post. Your quote or reply post as well as any other posts or quotes concerning the reported post or thread will be removed from sight along with the reported post."

A User Reported Content list of reports is generated for review by all volunteer Hosts and paid Administrators. The reports will automatically show the important information they must have such as the forum name, thread title & link or post link in addition to your message.

The volunteer Hosts or paid Administrators will review your Report post report when they can. I say "when they can" because all emails and Report post reports to Cruise Critic are answered in order of receipt. With about two million members and some sending reports or emails anytime 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any action. Also, please remember the Hosts are non-paid volunteers that work the boards when their real life permits. Most Administrators work regular weekday business hours & have many other duties too.

I hope this additional information will be helpful to anyone reading this thread! emo34.gif 

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1