Westerdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

0830World.thumb.png.a907874d44b17349791abde004012cd4.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for the Monday Report.  Not really a fan of Frankenstein nor beaches any more.  I like toasted marshmallows but always seem to burn them.  Been to a number of New Zealand ports but not Whangarei .  A big day for BHB on camera with both the Nieuw ships making appearances.  I like the Horace quote and the meal sounds like good comfort food.

Today’s care list:

Those affected by the Kabul bombing, heroes, victims, those still doing their jobs, and those awaiting evacuation
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC) wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer
Afghanistan and Norseh2o’s nephew assisting the evacuation
New Zealand continuing outbreak
JAM37 DH fighting Covid
Those in the path of Ida
Grapau27's Vicar
HAL Sailor DH health issues
From the rotation:
Kazu’s friend recovering at home from a brain bleed
Scout Jamie C recovering from major surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Welcome back HAL Sailor
2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades
5 Days for Atexsix, dobiemom, Lafnvegas, and Richwmn
New Grandchild for Norseh20
Norsheh20 Nephew and unit safe
Tioga Cruiser on a road trip
A new photo of Camila
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

The only Frankenstein I like is "Young Frankenstein", the Mel Brooks movie.

Great advice in that quote.

The meal sounds good, hope the wine and drink of the day are good too.

Never been to New Zealand, maybe someday.  Thanks in advance to those who will post pictures.

@KirkNCGood luck with the move.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.   Stay safe.

• Like 22

Good morning everyone and thanks for today’s report.  Haven’t thought about Frankenstein in ages.  Nothing beats a perfectly toasted marshmallow.  It’s a gray day here, not really beach weather.  Today’s quote is good advice but probably easier said than done.  I do enjoy today’s wine selection, a lot.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today and those in Ida’s path.  Cheers to everyone celebrating an event today.

• Like 25

Good morning all - foggy day here in south Jersey, rain expected later today.  I think the weather will be a question mark most of the week as Ida's remains creep northeast into our area.

To me, a toasted marshmallow is only good when smushed between two graham crackers and some Hershey's chocolate.  Not a fan of Frankenstein, but I do love a good walk on the beach.  My favorite?  Half Moon Cay...

I put my chance of chicken tenders for dinner at 50-50...it's in the meal rotation this week, so we'll see what my husband ends up choosing.

My outlook on life has always been...if you wake up on the right side of the dirt, it's a good day.  I am going to hope that those on our care list get an extra boost today...perhaps signs of healing, calls of support, indications that things are moving forward in a good way.  Know that I am passing you each a smile, a light squeeze of the hand and a wish that things get better for you soon.

• Like 29

Good Morning, and thanks for the Daily Report and Cares Report. Visited New Zealand in 2007 for a train/campervan vacation. As my mate in Oz described the South Island: "Around every corner, is another picture postcard!" Traveled in the campervan on the South Island and would sometimes not pass another vehicle for a half hour. Definitely the "Land of the Long White Cloud."

• Like 26

Quick post of the drink.  Will be back later.

In Noble Fashion:

INGREDIENTS
1.5 oz Casa Noble Reposado Tequila
0.5 oz ancho chili liqueur
0.25 oz simple syrup
2 dashes orange bitters
2 drops molé bitters
Orange peel
PREPARATION
Combine all ingredients, except orange peel, into mixing glass and stir.
Strain into glass over ice.
Squeeze orange peel; rub around the rim and drop into glass.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 7.31.20 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Good morning. Thank you for the Daily and lists.

Not a fan of Frankenstein, love toasted marshmallows, I love to walk on the beach, sit and watch the waves and swim in the ocean...it is so healing. 

The meal sounds like good ole comfort food.

The quote is great advice.

DH was feeling better yesterday after a good night sleep except his throat was sore which I think is from all the coughing. He did not sleep as well last night, but says his sore throat is almost non-existent. He says he feels very weak and still short of breath. I told him we should call the doctor's office today to give them an update and see if they have any suggestions. Thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts.

@KirkNC Good luck with your move.

Prayers for all on the care list and praises for the celebrations.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is 55°F and raining here. Thank you for today's daily, care reports and celebrations Rich and Roy.

National Beach day is perfect as we have many beaches near our home plus my first 2 photos are in Kauai Hawaii with South Pacific island in the background of my first photo.

Frankenstein movie was weird.

Toasted marshmallows are delicious.

An interesting quote today.

I eat a lot of chicken so today's menu looks good.

I will pass on the drink.

We have never been to the Southern hemisphere so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers for everyone in need.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210830_122614.jpg

Screenshot_20210830_122636.jpg

Screenshot_20210830_122731.jpg

Screenshot_20210830_122701.jpg

Screenshot_20210830_122115_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  @rafinmdthanks for the NS alert.  I caught your post just in time to watch her sail into port, such a lovely sight.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good but we will have leftovers from yesterday’s takeout.  I hope everyone has a good day.

image.png.3b0c2cebbe6edee4347f8864ffc22b13.png

• Like 27
  • Haha 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich. Love visiting a beach, especially when there aren’t many people. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyite family! Another “faux Fall” morning here. Today is “get my files in order day”. Now that I have updated all my legal docs, I need to get rid of the old ones & make room for the new ones. And if this weather holds, I foresee a long walk for Bindi and me. Eggplant and zoodles with tomato sauce for dinner. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Domaine d'Esclans Whispering Angel rosé

All released vintages of this Provence rosé share the same excellent ratings. There are many online distributors with prices starting at $17.99

Winemaker notes

Whispering Angel is today’s worldwide reference for Provence rosé. Made from Grenache, Cinsault and Rolle (Vermentino), its pale color is pleasing to the eye and draws one in. The rewarding taste profile is full and lush while being bone dry with a smooth finish. Highly approachable and enjoyable with a broad range of cuisine, Whispering Angel is a premium rosé that you can drink from mid-day to midnight.

Created by Sacha Lichine following his acquisition of Château d’Esclans in 2006, his vision was to create the greatest rosés in the world igniting the “Rosé Renaissance”. Sacha introduced new and innovative winemaking techniques to Provence which revolutionized the styles of rosés being produced from this region. This led to the creation of Whispering Angel, a world class rosé which presents both ease and accessibility making for enjoyment and pleasure.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

Strange collection of days although I’d be happy to walk along a beach any time 😉   The meal suggestion sounds good and I’ll save it for another day since we will most likely be having company again tonight.

413B14CE-BB3B-4F74-976F-E4663BCA5500.thumb.jpeg.99b69e6b77da21eaa778fe9f8a5f5942.jpeg

Love Horace’s quote.

@KirkNC good luck with your move!

@JAM37good idea to call your DH’s doctor to give an update.  Hope your DH’s breathing improves 🙏🏻 

@rafinmd- I think you can take my BFF’s husband off the rotation since he is coming home.  He has some healing to do but is being released from the hospital 👍 

Ida is one catastrophic hurricane.  Poor New Orleans and Louisiana.  Prayers for everyone in it’s path 🙏🏻  

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Monday, everyone !!!!

7EF99670-B46E-416F-9CDF-74AD8B61FFA8.jpeg.762cb85506e7d29b97d71e6f6133cf64.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 34
  • Haha 3

In the next 2 or 3 weeks I will have several sunrises from my 2012 roundtrip transatlantics on QM2 and the Crystal Symphony.  August 30 was the second morning on the Eastbound QM2 crossing:

dawn30a.jpg

Roy

• Like 32

Good Morning! Thank you ALL for your warm and caring welcome back. Your support is so much more than virtual. 

I promise to likewise keep your concerns and celebrations forefront. As I caught up with many missed months of The Daily, know that I have kept your cares in mind and shared in your excitement -- even though belatedly.

I promise to stay involved...

-Melisa

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

Prayers for New Orleans and those in the path of Ida.   Ida brings back memories of living through Hurricane Carla in 1961 when we were living on the Gulf Coast of Texas.   Carla was  Cat 5  hurricane until she hit land and downgraded into a Cat 4.   I was a child at the time, but my parents were very concerned having to take care of small children and weather the storm.  Not being  used to storms of this nature, they thought they could weather in place until a good friend called my dad and told him to get his family out of town.   We packed up that day and left.  

What we then experienced is what we experience here on the Daily.  People rallying around, helping each other and supporting each other.   We couldn't find a motel room, so one of the places we stopped at called around and found us one about 50 miles further inland.   The motel owners agreed to keep it for us for two hours.  We made it.   My dad's company deposited paychecks early so employees had access to money while they were in evacuation.   The restaurant next door to the motel reduced prices for hurricane evacuees.  The town we stayed in provided meals as well.  It was a real community.

Nothing on the books for today.   I may continue what I started yesterday with sweeping floors.  I could dust the living room furniture and organize a few closets.  

Today's meal does sound like comfort food.  It is a tad starchy for me - I'd have to make some substitutions for the potatoes and peas.   

https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a44278/cornflake-chicken-tenders-potatoes-peas-recipe/

547243037_Chickenfingerswithpotatoesandpeas.thumb.jpg.a4baf2712192a7c51a000bd218ed3d23.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.

Sam left here by ambulance yesterday afternoon. He had chest pain and pain down his arm. The medics asked me to give him 4 baby aspirin to chew as they were on the way. The hospital did blood work, a CAT scan of his chest and an EKG. Everything was normal. They moved him to a room for observation and might do a stress test this AM. If everything is normal, he will come home. Once again, my kids stepped up. I don’t know what I would do without them.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8