Really? You’re going to try and sneak your crying kid in?

tallnthensome

1 hour ago, Jamesatgsu said:

I'll have my 11 year old in November for a cruise I booked before COVID was a thing. But if I had my 5 year old I'd reschedule. I'm not sure how that would have worked with the OBC we have, so it could have been a big hit.

You do realize that you will have to wait until the last minute to possibly get an exemption for your 11 year old and then also pay for a PCR test for him/her.  Once the November protocols are announced, you should be able to push things back and depending upon how your OBC was obtained  you may be able to move all, most or some of it as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

On the Panorama right now in the thermal spa area. This group of 6 comes into the adults relaxation area with their 3 year old kid screaming and crying while we are relaxing on the stone loungers. My wife and I look at each other and are like “are you kidding me right now?”. My wife and I give them the evil eye and they apologize and a guy takes the screaming kid out . Ten minutes later the comes right back in with the screaming kid and starts undressing the kid down to his bathing suit and starts handing this crying kid to his mother in the whirlpool. We are just floored . Again, are you kidding me ? I immediately got up and went out to the spa desk and told them. They were in shock and apologized profusely and ran in and got them out of there. I mean this an adults only vaccinated area and yet here you trying to throw your crying brat into the whirlpool. There is never a shortage of ignorance around …. Could tell they were not happy with me and my actions but ask me if I care as if we were in the wrong . Unreal ….

BRAVO for speaking up and getting them kicked out!!!!!

• Like 4

On the Miracle there was a 7 year old boy sitting in the middle of a hot tub in the Serenity Area surrounded by 6 adults. Sitting nearby and also in Serenity I pointed out the kid to the "pool minder" person. The minder looked over to the hot tub and said to me: " Yes, look at that!"  They didn't plan to do a thing until I reminded them that children are not permitted in Serenity. Clueless! Party of One! 

• Like 4

On one of my early cruises, a young Mom attempted to put her diapered infant into the ADULT (clearly marked) hot tub I was enjoying.  I asked her if she was aware that young infants could be harmed by immersion - she said it wasn't true.

When I caught the eye of an employee and motioned him over, she took the kid and ran to her lounger.  5 minutes later, her husband Brutus came by to threaten me if I ever spoke to his wife again.  I reported the incident to GS & Security, and later found a bottle of sparkling wine with a card of apology in my cabin from Carnival.

We occasionally passed each other on the ship and Brutus continued his glare stare act.  Oh well.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

On the Panorama right now in the thermal spa area. This group of 6 comes into the adults relaxation area with their 3 year old kid screaming and crying while we are relaxing on the stone loungers. My wife and I look at each other and are like “are you kidding me right now?”. My wife and I give them the evil eye and they apologize and a guy takes the screaming kid out . Ten minutes later the comes right back in with the screaming kid and starts undressing the kid down to his bathing suit and starts handing this crying kid to his mother in the whirlpool. We are just floored . Again, are you kidding me ? I immediately got up and went out to the spa desk and told them. They were in shock and apologized profusely and ran in and got them out of there. I mean this an adults only vaccinated area and yet here you trying to throw your crying brat into the whirlpool. There is never a shortage of ignorance around …. Could tell they were not happy with me and my actions but ask me if I care as if we were in the wrong . Unreal ….

You did the right thing and thank you for doing it.  In today's world it seems that rules do not matter!

• Like 3

You did the right thing! Some people think the rules don’t apply to them. When you are paying that much money to have a place to relax and pamper yourself, you want to get what you paid for.  As a safety measure, I don’t think those temps in the spa area are safe for kids. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Clarasgrandma said:

You did the right thing! Some people think the rules don’t apply to them. When you are paying that much money to have a place to relax and pamper yourself, you want to get what you paid for.  As a safety measure, I don’t think those temps in the spa area are safe for kids. 

Plus bowel control in those whirlpools... yuck

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Families determined to cruise while the kids clubs are closed are making a big mistake. 

I beg to differ. I think it depends on the family as my kids have only have been to the kids club once in all the cruises we have taken them on. We've never tried to take them to an adults only place but we find family friendly things to do with them onboard. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You do realize that you will have to wait until the last minute to possibly get an exemption for your 11 year old and then also pay for a PCR test for him/her.  Once the November protocols are announced, you should be able to push things back and depending upon how your OBC was obtained  you may be able to move all, most or some of it as well.

It is frustrating. Waiting on FDA for vaccine approval and waiting for carnival to issue protocols. And carnival may be waiting on the cdc to announce them. 

• Like 2

I have been on a good number of cruises, seems to me the kids behave much better than the entitled adults.  you would see one child that was more active than he/she should have been and shake your  head but immediately turn the corner and come across 4 or 5 entitled adults.  Came close to being the last winter cruise. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mac21902 said:

I beg to differ. I think it depends on the family as my kids have only have been to the kids club once in all the cruises we have taken them on. We've never tried to take them to an adults only place but we find family friendly things to do with them onboard. 

Same for us.  We always let the kids go to the kids club on the first day to see if they wanted to go back.  Sometimes they would but most times they wanted to hang out as a family and enjoy family activities with us.  We went on the cruises knowing it was a family vacation and were not looking for babysitters.  Now that our kids are grown adults, I'm so happy we spent that time together with them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

This says a lot more about the protocols than it does stupid adults. There is no way anyone under 18 should be able to enter the spa.

RCCL is the same ..  only address a problem passenger situation when someone else complains loudly enough about it.   No good. 

• Like 3

Have to add to everyone's stories.  Was in the adults only area on another cruise line and mother was told, by another cruiser, she could not have diapered baby in the pool.  She just pulled off diaper and put it on the side of pool.  Didn't take long before they were asked to leave. 

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 6:23 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Right now anybody who has a cruise booked in September or October can push their cruise back to any date in 2022 or 2023 with no penalty whatsoever.   It's  only those with November and December cruises that will be penalized if they cancel, simply because the protocols have not been announced yet.

If you had just waited until the protocols were announced you could have pushed your cruise back with no penalty.  You obviously needed an immediate answer and since you were not willing to wait, you got stuck.  It's a lesson learned. 

They have now announced the cruise protocols.  So you're saying that I can push my Thanksgiving cruise back with no penalty?  We were optimistic when we booked back in June.

The OP did the right thing. Not only was the child in the wrong place, but children should not be in saunas or hot tubs. I don't understand why people don't do what is best for their child. I understand wanting to go on trip and have fun. I also understand that being a good parent means actually being a good parent.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 11:02 AM, tallnthensome said:

I immediately got up and went out to the spa desk and told them. They were in shock and apologized profusely and ran in and got them out of there. 

You made the right decision. I really can't imagine what some people are thinking. There's not a lot of areas on the ship that are adults only- I'm sure they could find somewhere else to go.

6 hours ago, farler05 said:

They have now announced the cruise protocols.  So you're saying that I can push my Thanksgiving cruise back with no penalty?  We were optimistic when we booked back in June.

Yup.  Call Carnival in the morning,  speak to a CSR and explain what you wish to do.  If by some chance he/she is lazy and says no, then call back and ask to speak to a supervisor.  You should not have any problems.  If you have OBC to move, it may or may not move with you.  The OV8 code is also good for 200 in OBC for many sailings between January 1 through May 31 of 2022.

On 8/30/2021 at 4:19 PM, GatorGirl1313 said:

Agree- however we booked a cruise a year ago when we though covid would be over by now and when we thought kids' actiities would be open.  Carnival would not let us cancel without severe penalty even though we wanted to.  So I'm guessing a lot of people with kids found themselves in the same boat.... basically take the kids or be out the money. 

They should still be smart enough to keep them out of the adult only areas!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grumpyjr88 said:

I really hate it when parents do things like this. I adore kids but there's a reason i don't bring them to adult activities. 

1000% We are sailing with our little guy in 3 weeks and it would never even cross our mind to bring him in the spa, or on the serenity deck etc. I actually asked my wife if she wanted me to get her the one day spa pass and she said no because she didn't want to be away from us for that long. TRUST ME I understand its tough sailing with kids right now but the only options are; accept the changes, dont bring your kid or dont go at all. 

• Like 2