The Daily for Tuesday August 31, 2021

richwmn

Good  morning  and  thank you Rich  for  the  Daily.  We  eat  outside here  but  lately  it has  been  too humid  or  raining. Trail  mix   is ok,I  guess it  could have a  day  and  I  like  the  Touch  Someone's Heart Day. We  have  not  been  to  the  port  and  I  will  pass  on  the  recipe.

Today Tana  and  I  head  to  her  first  Pulmonary Rehab  session. DD  helped  her  last  night with  her  hair  so  that  she  could  conserve  her  energy  for  getting  herself  and the  WC  with  portable  O2  into  my  car. She  has  been feeling  low  lately  and  I  hope  being  out  and  about and  with  other  people helps  her  spirits.

Last  night  I  actually  had a  dream  with  a  beach  in it- another  PEI  beach  picture

IMG_0952.JPG

• Like 29

Good morning. The weather and forecast is the same here as StLousCruisers so we will not be eating outside today.

I do enjoy certain types of trail mix and will make an extra effort to touch someone's heart today.

I don't think I will ever make today's meal, but wouldn't mind trying it.

Japan is definitely on my bucket list. @Sir PMP thank you for the pictures.

DH says he feels better today maybe even like he's turned the corner. I'm hoping the improved sleep is helping.

@mamaofamiI hope you like the new aide.

@cat shepard@mamaofami good luck with your appliance issues.

Prayers for all on the care list and praises for the celebrations.

Blessings

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s another hot and humid day here but tomorrow is supposed to be rainy.

Sadly another lifeguard has died in New Jersey. Seaside Park yesterday afternoon a sudden storm came up and the guard was struck by lightning, 7 other people were injured. 💔🙏

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 13

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Sadly another lifeguard has died in New Jersey. Seaside Park yesterday afternoon a sudden storm came up and the guard was struck by lightning, 7 other people were injured. 💔🙏

That is very sad news about the lifeguard.

Prayers and condolences to his family and everyone who knew him.

Graham.

• Like 11

Good Morning from a very warm and sunny day at the beach

Trail Mix is my go to snack to take golfing. I like either the raisins or the cranberries.

Have not been to todays port. Maybe someday. Thank you to all who post pictures.

@dfish  Thank you for the explanation of todays meal. I learn something everyday on this thread!

So terribly sad about the lifeguard in New Jersey.  Dont know the circumstances about what happened there, but I see people all the time on the beach or golf course during a storm. They sound the horn but people stay.  Not sure what they are thinking or not! As a former ER nurse, I have the utmost respect for mother nature. She always wins.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 23

20 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I just saw that on the news a little bit ago.  Lightning is scary!  I'm so sorry to hear about the lifeguard who died and all those injured. 🙏

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from central Texas.

Since it will be in the mid 90sF this afternoon, we won't be eating outside, but we occasionally eat outside in Quartzsite.  I have never been a fan of trail mix.  I hope I can touch someone's heart ❤ today.

My heart goes out to all the people affected by Ida, especially those in New Orleans and surrounding areas.   DH used to work for an electric utility company, and he said there is no way to work around the downed transmission tower since it was coming from a power plant.  Those huge towers take time to build and get the power lines installed.  It should be their first priority.

I like the quote by Rose Kennedy.  She was quite a character.

We'll pass on the meal as DH doesn't care for lamb, and the drink.  Equilibrium was offered at a wine tasting on a BHB beauty, and it was good, one of the few white wines I like.  

We have not been to today's port, so are looking forward to seeing pictures.

@mamaofami  Carol, good news that Sam didn’t have a heart attack and that all the tests were negative.  Glad he is home.  Hope the new aide is as good as the one who is leaving.  Good luck with the freezer issue.  I hope things go smoothly from now on.

@cat shepard Hope there is an easy, not too expensive fix for the dishwasher.

@1ANGELCAT  How awful that another life guard had died and others were 

Injured.

@JAM37  Very good news your DH is feeling better.

@CJcruzer Thank you for the pictures.

@smitty34877 Terry, hope the rehab helps Tana's breathing, and that getting out lifts her spirits.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, CJcruzer said:

In 2017, we were on the Volendam visiting Ishigaki.  A group of us arranged a private tour to Taketomi Island.

Carol

7AB12188-AD7B-4C89-B890-B58A45DE99DE.jpeg

CBB56235-1C12-4B23-A25A-7CF4BB98E473.jpeg

2A7A7CBD-5D56-4A9B-B02A-4A93842AE176.jpeg

3E4A5507-B521-4CDA-9C30-6EFD27193E65.jpeg

Take 2 - the first time I posted it went poof!

Carol, it was very interesting to hear your personal experience while visiting Ishigaki.  Did your tour operator have his own boat or did you utilize a ferry to get to Taketomi?

I'm interested in the figures on the roofs of the buildings.  What is the purpose of placing them there?

• Like 16

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

@richwmn did you re-book this cruise? I noticed you were also on the “bon voyage.” 

Uh oh - did I make a faux pas?  I did delete the sailing he cancelled.  Don’t tell me it didn’t save?  😱 

edited to say - oops I should have kept reading before typing.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Where do I find the Future Cruise list? 

Here is the link - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2798539-️-️-holland-america-board’s-future-cruise-listing-updated-friday-august-27th-2021-️-️/?tab=comments#comment-61747544

It’s updated every week.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

That is so sad to hear 😢 🙏🏻 for the life guard and their family 🙏🏻 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thank you. I found it,typed in my cruise and it disappeared when I hit submit. Will try again. 🙂

• Like 6

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Tuesday smile 🙂 

Love the combination of days.  We’re definitely touching hearts here with our company and as long as it doesn’t rain again, we’ll definitely be dining outside today.

Love that quote by Rose Kennedy.  I think I resemble that remark.  Company is great but tiring and I’m not as young as I used to be. 😉   

814E0C32-3D45-4116-BD7A-CBF53F1928EE.jpeg.1a8b0de5207161a3cb86a4700b1312f6.jpeg

@mamaofamigood luck with the new aide and 🤞 you haven’t been cursed by the appliance gremlin and it’s an easy fix.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list and for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!!

B8BB5C04-E130-413C-B1A0-1F909C7C731E.jpeg.8115a23d2be7b8fbd78ce486b110f445.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 25
  • Haha 10

Good morning Rich. Thank you for keeping the Daily.

Sending out numerous prayers this morning. Heartache in Afghanistan and Louisiana. 

Not really a trail mix lover. 

image.png.bed7ff6452752495090f7e5bfe25db44.png

Eating outdoors:

image.png.f56aa342a501de0bc03ecd812dd49d0c.png

Allen feels kinda sore this morning from yesterday's booster shot. 

image.png.16a3d21ab6afad4d2bd93923c326fe2f.png

Wear your mask. Live life, but safely! Blessings and Cheers and Prayers. 

• Like 25
  • Haha 5

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We eat outside 95% of the time between April and October, thanks to our glassed-in deck; we open all the windows and enjoy the fresh air.  I haven't had trail mix for a long time - it was a staple when we used to take groups on canoe trips.  I believe every day you should touch someone's heart, whether it's with a phone call, a card, or an act of kindness.

Today will be a busy one doing things around the house - tomorrow we're leaving for a couple of days to visit an older couple who live about 4 hours from here.  They're no longer able to drive the distance, and we haven't seen them for such a long time that the last time we spoke and they asked when we'd see each other again, we just had to set a date.  The visit won't be long, we'll leave tomorrow and return on Friday, but I know it's something they'll talk about for a long time.  They're very sweet people, who are bright and witty, but their bodies are beginning to show definite signs of age on both of them.

I don't care for today's menu suggestion, as I don't like mutton (does anyone else think it tastes like a wet sweater?), nor does DH.  He doesn't even like lamb (I'll eat his portion).  Tonight will be "whatever" - whatever's in the fridge, we have to either eat up or toss, as we won't be home for the next 2 days.  And wine.

@mamaofamiI'm happy to hear Sam's issue wasn't a heart attack; hopefully they'll be able to find the source of his pain.

@smitty34877hoping getting Tana out and about will improve her spirits.

@1ANGELCAT so sad to learn of another lifeguard's passing.

@cat shepard at least when the dishwasher quits, you know you can do them yourself . . . the fridge freezer of @mamaofami - not so much.

I had this come up on my FB feed this morning and thought it was so darn cute, so wanted to share it with all of you.  Some of you may be able to identify with it.  

Sibling.thumb.jpg.e8095c4a869d505ca61cf7c9637ff4f4.jpg

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses together tonight to celebrate all on the happy list.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists.  Most times when we eat out (restaurants) it really is eating out like in "outside." The port of the day is listed on the Noordam's itinerary right before ours on April 11, 2022 and that could be a big if ?????🚢

🙏Prayers to all in need..especially those affected by Ida.

😷Katie

e424b65a0b0f55729bfa8e095ad03fde.jpg

• Like 21

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

A request please. Particularly in these changing times it is difficult to keep up with schedule changes. Originally, Eurodam was scheduled to be in Kotor, Montenegro today. She is in Corfu, Greece. I missed the change.

If anyone sees a schedule change, please mention it on the daily thread or send me an email.

Thanks

Rich you always do a nice job.  Thanks for the correction.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the last Daily of August, Rich.  Three great days; I've been eating outside a lot for the last year, primarily at Panera's outdoor tables.I love the Rose Kennedy quote but will wait to see what @dfish has to say about the meal.  I've been to quite a few ports in Japan, primarily on my 2017 Amsterdam Grand Asia  segment but not Ishigaki Island.

Today’s care list:

Those affected by the Kabul bombing, heroes, victims, those still doing their jobs, and those awaiting evacuation
RIP Ed Asner
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC) wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer
Those left behind in Afghanistan
New Zealand continuing outbreak
JAM37 DH fighting Covid
Those in the path  and wake of Ida
Grapau27's Vicar
HAL Sailor DH health issues
From the rotation:
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe
Me awaiting PET test results

Celebrations and Shoutouts

2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
4 Days for Atexsix, dobiemom, Lafnvegas, and Richwmn
Norsheh20 Nephew and unit safe
Tioga Cruiser on a road trip
Sam and Carol raising GREAT kids
Upsells for Dfish, Cruising-along and Ancient Wanderer
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thanks for the Care and Shout Out Lists.

• Like 6