Binax Now AG card Test. Where to buy?

47 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I think you just have to have the app downloaded to use the test. The test itself is not assigned to any one person, it’s having the app that matters. 

Agree. Here's how I did it:

Download the Navica app and set up an account. Then click ready to test. It will prompt you to scan the the barcode of the box, then directs you to the e-Med site where you use your Navica login to hook-up with a proctor.

The proctor then scans the barcode of the box and checks that ID matches name on account. After completed,  you receive an email that says results are ready and it's then in the app.

7 minutes ago, cruizzing said:

Agree. Here's how I did it:

Download the Navica app and set up an account. Then click ready to test. It will prompt you to scan the the barcode of the box, then directs you to the e-Med site where you use your Navica login to hook-up with a proctor.

The proctor then scans the barcode of the box and checks that ID matches name on account. After completed,  you receive an email that says results are ready and it's then in the app.

Can everything, including the online proctoring be done on your cellphone or did you have to use a computer and webcam?  

Just now, ryano said:

Can everything, including the online proctoring be done on your cellphone or did you have to use a computer and webcam?  

I did everything on cell phone. They'll tell you if you have the camera facing the wrong way 😉...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What about if 3 people need to get tested with 3 kits. can they get tested together with one e-med person as the verifier? Or do we need to do 3 separate video teleconferences.

For privacy purposes, I think they will require three separate logins and video conferences.  

26 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

For privacy purposes, I think they will require three separate logins and video conferences.  

That is what I was thinking they would want. Thanks for your feedback.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

That is what I was thinking they would want. Thanks for your feedback.

You are welcome.  We just ordered and will use for our upcoming Sept. 17th cruise on the Mariner (unless we are successful getting a PCR test and timely results at CVS).  I figure better safe than sorry.  

• Like 1

I ordered the test kits from eMed Sunday night. I received an email on Monday saying that I was approved for my order, and then got another email stating my 6-pack of testing kits had been shipped. I just received them a few minutes ago. We have a rapid test scheduled at CVS for Thursday afternoon, this is my backup in case CVS cancels our appointment. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

CVS and others near me are showing basically zero availability for testing.  IF we continue require testing of vaccinated people with zero symptoms, this will continue.  

It's not only cruising that requires testing it's also entry into other countries and returning to campus. I remember back in the beginning of the pandemic that people were blaming the high positive rate because too many people were testing.  I would like to see the ratio of negative vs positive results now that testing is as common as buying milk.

Edited by Iamcruzin

19 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

You are welcome.  We just ordered and will use for our upcoming Sept. 17th cruise on the Mariner (unless we are successful getting a PCR test and timely results at CVS).  I figure better safe than sorry.  

How long did it say that it would take to be delivered?  I have cvs appts scheduled for this week but want a back up as well.

12 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I ordered the test kits from eMed Sunday night. I received an email on Monday saying that I was approved for my order, and then got another email stating my 6-pack of testing kits had been shipped. I just received them a few minutes ago. We have a rapid test scheduled at CVS for Thursday afternoon, this is my backup in case CVS cancels our appointment. 

Thanks, I was just wondering.  If I order today I could receive them Friday or Saturday. We sail on sunday.  

1 minute ago, irishgal432 said:

Thanks, I was just wondering.  If I order today I could receive them Friday or Saturday. We sail on sunday.  

eMed charges a fee of $14.75 for FedEx  Standard overnight shipping. So you will get them pretty quick. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Definitely order now, just in case. I had the same timing as sandebeach (supposed to arrive today). They will be my backup to tomorrow's CVS appointment. 

9 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

How long did it say that it would take to be delivered?  I have cvs appts scheduled for this week but want a back up as well.

If ordered by 6 today, supposed to get here tomorrow. 

I ordered a 6-pack yesterday morning from Emed and FedEx just dropped off. 
Also ordered a 2-pack yesterday from Optum and it’s shipping today or tomorrow.  Wanted 2 tests each for four people just in case a change is made that says we need to test before reentry from San Juan. 

Edited by Chauncey Picklepants
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ryano said:

I was wondering the same thing and would be very interested in doing so.   Id likely keep an extra but still have 4 left that I will never need.     I will not be cruising again as long as there are restrictions, testing etc required.  

I’ll be your huckleberry! How much do you want for them? I need 4 for Allure Thanksgiving cruise!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

There is a expiration date on it add three months and that is your year.

that's not accurate, the expiration is 12 months from the manufacture date.

The 6 boxes I received this week have:

Manufacture date Feb 4, 2021

Expiration date October 5, 2021

Expiration extended to February 4, 2022

https://www.emed.com/hubfs/EUA-abbott-binaxNOW-Rev-2021-04-06.pdf?hsLang=en

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1