Binax Now AG card Test. Where to buy?

9 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

I’ll be your huckleberry! How much do you want for them? I need 4 for Allure Thanksgiving cruise!

My favorite movie of all time 🙂    let me get them in and get my test done and make sure they are ok.  My total cost with expedited shipping was 167.74 so whatever that is divided by 6 is what I would ask per test.    I dont think Im allowed to leave my email address here though and we dont have a private message function.  

2 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Some one had a reply from emed that it was an extension of three months from expiration date.

https://www.emed.com/hubfs/EUA-abbott-binaxNOW-Rev-2021-04-06.pdf?hsLang=en

This is the actual FDA letter from the E Med website stating expiration has been extended to 12 months from manufacture date.

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

https://www.emed.com/hubfs/EUA-abbott-binaxNOW-Rev-2021-04-06.pdf?hsLang=en

This is the actual FDA letter from the E Med website stating expiration has been extended to 12 months from manufacture date.

Okay your the doctor but I don't see the words manufacturer date in that letter anywhere.  And no this isn't the first time I have read this letter. 

Edited by mauraoel

4 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Okay your the doctor but I don't see the words manufacturer date in that letter anywhere.  And no this isn't the first time I have read this letter. 

Well the opening sentence states "update the shelf-life expiration date of the BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card to 12 months".  What other sentinel event would one use for this 12 month shelf life, other than manufacture?

• Like 1

We ordered our emed tests last Thursday, they were processed and shipped on Friday,(they don’t deliver on Saturday or Sunday) and we got them all yesterday.

We performed the test this morning with the video monitor and we both came back negative. Yay!

Our email was in our inbox within 5 minutes, so I printed them up, but the results are also in the app.

Dh waited online for 9 minutes before he got a person and I waited 17 minutes.

I think the earlier in the day you do it, the shorter wait time.

We are sailing Friday, so I’ll let you know if there were any problems at the port.

I really didn’t want to have to go to urgent care to get a rapid test and sit in the waiting area with who knows how many people that have covid. 

This was an excellent alternative and totally safe!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Wow, that is expensive!  $150 pp????  Guess we will do the full test at our CVS, last time I had results in 1.5 days.  Our Walgreens also does the Rapid ID test which is also accepted.

Not $150 pp. It is a six pack of tests so comes out to $25/test and you get results in 15 minutes.

3 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Except Walgreens and CVS are FREE!!!!

As long as they have the test you are looking for. Numerous folks on CC have noted they have had their appointments cancelled due to a lack of testing supplies or have had difficulty finding appointments in the first place. For some, $25 for an at-home proctored test with results in 15 minutes is worth it. Just an additional option for folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tinkbelle87 said:

As long as they have the test you are looking for. Numerous folks on CC have noted they have had their appointments cancelled due to a lack of testing supplies or have had difficulty finding appointments in the first place. For some, $25 for an at-home proctored test with results in 15 minutes is worth it. Just an additional option for folks.

yeah, if for sure is an option.  May look into this.

• Like 2

Just now, karena1 said:

That is not quite so bad.  Can those 6 tests be used for anyone?  

The website where you order will ask you for up to three names to issue the tests. A few folks on CC have said they have been able to use the tests for people other than they ones they registered on the website.

The only catch I have seen so far with these tests is that they expire in January/February. 

2 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

The website where you order will ask you for up to three names to issue the tests. A few folks on CC have said they have been able to use the tests for people other than they ones they registered on the website.

The only catch I have seen so far with these tests is that they expire in January/February. 

That would not be an issue as we have 5 cruises booked before the end of the year!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Here you go: eMed - Homepage or Search | Optum Store (Optum has reportedly been out).

They were having problems but we did receive our Optum tests in 6 days, they are in the bags!  Expedited shipping is availaible too. Optum is the only one with the 2-pk also,  eMed only has the 6-pk available.

10 minutes ago, karena1 said:

yeah, if for sure is an option.  May look into this.

Be careful...the cheaper tests ($25 ) may not be proctored.  That has been the confusing state of affairs with the Abbott tests.  Only the one that says Binox NOW Ag Card is accepted and proctored.  The home tests available in drug stores and at Sam's Club and Amazon for around $20-to $25 are not proctored and that's where the confusion has originated.  The cheapest proctored tests I have found are $70 for the 2 pk.  I wouldn't purchase one for less than that.  Thinking it is the right one only to be denied boarding would really suck.

24 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Wow, that is expensive!  $150 pp???? 

It's $25 pp if you buy the 6 pk for $150, but beware of purchasing the cheap $20 -$25 singles at drug stores.  We only needed 2 so we just bought Optum's 2 pk, a little more but we didn't have to cough up the $150

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Be careful...the cheaper tests ($25 ) may not be proctored.  That has been the confusing state of affairs with the Abbott tests.  Only the one that says Binox NOW Ag Card is accepted and proctored.  The home tests available in drug stores and at Sam's Club and Amazon for around $20-to $25 are not proctored and that's where the confusion has originated.  The cheapest proctored tests I have found are $70 for the 2 pk.  I wouldn't purchase one for less than that.  Thinking it is the right one only to be denied boarding would really suck.

Proctored tests at E Med are 6 pack for $150 or $25 per test

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

An therein lies the issue right?  I am going to schedule the regular test at CVS and the rapid at Walgreens.  I did the regular at CVS last time and had my result in 1.5 days, so will do that and also schedule the rapid at Walgreens.  So will see what happens. There are a number of places here in town we can get them if we want to pay so we do have options

4 minutes ago, karena1 said:

An therein lies the issue right?  I am going to schedule the regular test at CVS and the rapid at Walgreens.  I did the regular at CVS last time and had my result in 1.5 days, so will do that and also schedule the rapid at Walgreens.  So will see what happens. There are a number of places here in town we can get them if we want to pay so we do have options

Yep, can't hurt to have Plans A-C 😂  We actually have a plan D as well, there's someone driving a testing van around Port Canaveral as well!

Edited by BecciBoo

8 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Now that we know they can be used by people other than the person prescribed to, could you sell the extras?

I know I’ll have 2 extra to sell. I might try on Nextdoor.

Edited by ReneeFLL

I'm not having any luck with these tests at all. Optum let me place an order even though they were out of stock and now I haven't been approved for the six pack from Emed yet even though most everyone has been approved same day when ordering during the week.   Hopefully tomorrow.  

Edited by ryano