Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

54 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Yes, So I have won my last 2 Haven Bids, and I only bid up to the beginning of Fair at the highest. typically They send the notifications for the Haven Suites first the go down from there. I have been looking at my cruise for September 29th for the Getaway and as of today there are 30 Haven Suites still available less then 75 days out. If I see a big price drop (as of today cheapest was $3129 PP, las cruise I bought a Haven suite for $1899) I will simply upgrade normally. 

I’m on the 10 day Oct 29 cruise and that one is also showing several Havens available. I’m currently in an aft balcony and there are still several of them open. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dcoy said:

I’m on the 10 day Oct 29 cruise and that one is also showing several Havens available. I’m currently in an aft balcony and there are still several of them open. 

We're on the Oct 22 7-day on the Getaway, and as of today, there are 12 two-bedroom deluxe family villa Haven suites available, which is what we have our eye on. There are a fair number of other Haven suites available as well-- I didn't do an exact count, but I'd estimate about 25 total.

Based on a mock booking today, the price difference between what we have booked (club balcony suite w/large balcony) and that 2-bedroom Haven suite, which is the second cheapest Haven suite the four of us will fit in is just under $5100 total. (Of the two "lesser" available Haven suites, one costs the same and the other costs $50pp less, so in Haven terms, not very much.)

I'll definitely keep checking as we get closer to our sail date and compare to our upgrade bids, which was apparently "fair", except on the owner's suites, where they were "poor". The highest possible bid on the 2-bedroom Haven suite is $2850pp, or $5700 total, meaning we'd be overpaying compared to a straight upgrade based on today's mock booking.

I have a spreadsheet going of all the Joy Haven Suites pricing for 2 people for our December cruise.  I update every two weeks or so, as I'd prefer to just upgrade rather than wait for the bidding process.  So far pricing has mostly gone up, but did go down a bit last few days.  I have no idea how they figure out rates, as it makes no sense to me.  🤔

I'm on the Sun, Thursday 21st.  I booked an inside cabin, 9335.  I submitted a $100 bid ($200 for 2 people, I'm traveling solo) and this morning I received an email saying they accepted my bid to move to a balcony, 10031.

I am happy!  Now if I could just decide between dog sledding and the Mendenhall glacier river float...

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Colleen73 said:

say I put a bid for 130 pp for an upgrade to a club balcony suite.. is it worth it?

You left out a very important part.  What is your current room?  If it's an inside, then yeah, many would probably pay $260 to move up.  If it's a regular balcony, some of us would not.  It isn't worth $260 for me to have a second bathroom sink and larger shower.  Do people really need to both be at the bathroom sink at the same time? 🤣

Just received our upgrade email for 30th Oct Breakaway sailing. Am I right in thinking we’ll not know if our bids have been successful or not until a few days before sailing? We only booked the cruise a couple of days ago so was surprised to get the email so soon. Thanks in advance. 

I received my upgrade offer in February, but ignored it.  Roughly 2 weeks ago, I thought "why not" and put in the lowest bid.

I was notified that they accepted, 3 days before I leave.  Hope that helps with a timeline for the process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CruisingCats5 said:

Just received our upgrade email for 30th Oct Breakaway sailing. Am I right in thinking we’ll not know if our bids have been successful or not until a few days before sailing? We only booked the cruise a couple of days ago so was surprised to get the email so soon. Thanks in advance. 

That seems to be the case. I've been watching what people post on this question since I created this account a couple of months ago, and I've noticed that people on European itineraries often get notified earlier than Caribbean itineraries, but not necessarily by much. (I'm not sure where Alaska or Hawaii fall as compared to the others.) I haven't seen anyone on a Caribbean itinerary say their upgrade bid was accepted more than a few days out, but anything is possible.

We sail on 10/22, which is a Saturday, and I'm expecting that, if any of our bids is accepted, we will be notified sometime from Tuesday to Thursday of that week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbxlady said:

That seems to be the case. I've been watching what people post on this question since I created this account a couple of months ago, and I've noticed that people on European itineraries often get notified earlier than Caribbean itineraries, but not necessarily by much. (I'm not sure where Alaska or Hawaii fall as compared to the others.) I haven't seen anyone on a Caribbean itinerary say their upgrade bid was accepted more than a few days out, but anything is possible.

We sail on 10/22, which is a Saturday, and I'm expecting that, if any of our bids is accepted, we will be notified sometime from Tuesday to Thursday of that week.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll post if we get a response on ours, and good luck with your bids 🤞🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbxlady said:

My first upgrade to haven I won cam 6 days out, the second which was another haven upgrade I got notified on Wednesday for a Sunday sailing 

• Like 1

Got my bid approved this morning (Tuesday) for our Saturday sail on the Getaway.  Went from a balcony on deck 9 to club balcony on deck 14.  I wanted the bigger bathroom and thought the laundry service would be a nice perk.  Could care less about the food and wine.  Bid $10 over the minimum of $50 and ended up paying $120.  Got Vibe passes and Priority Pass so I am good to go with my Haven-Lite. 

Edited by makdex
  • Like 8

19 hours ago, CruisingCats5 said:

We are sailing on the Breakaway 11/6 and awaiting that email ! Good luck !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, makdex said:

Got my bid approved this morning (Tuesday) for our Saturday sail on the Getaway.  Went from a balcony on deck 9 to club balcony on deck 14.  I wanted the bigger bathroom and thought the laundry service would be a nice perk.  Could care less about the food and wine.  Bid $10 over the minimum of $50 and ended up paying $120.  Got Vibe passes and Priority Pass so I am good to go with my Haven-Lite. 

Good going.  I am on the same cruise and anxiously awaiting any news on winning an upgrade.  Nothing so far although I see many have been notified on this sailing of a successful bid.

On 7/14/2022 at 10:11 PM, Gracelyn said:

Hi. Can you tell me how I find how many cabins are left in a cruise?

Some people say you do a mock booking. That seems to work if the number of cabins in the category are less than 15. I believe that NCL doesn't release any more than 15 cabins in a category at a time. I suppose they don't want to give away all their secrets. So, I'm bidding on a balcony and some categories have 1, 4, 11, 15, 15, left. This sailing is still 100+ days out.

Huh.  Just checked my upgrade.  It went from Pending (which it had been at for months, since I bid) to now just saying "Not eligible for upgrade" with no info at all (no rooms, no categories, nothing).

Still seeing my original room in the summary, so I guess I missed out.  Dang.

Here's something interesting. All "pending" except for one which just today changed from pending to "Unable to Upgrade". Sailing on Monday 7/25 on the Star. Usually, if you don't win, it changes to "expired". Weird! 

image.png.3ccfbc79255256ee96ed0a3c3f67ced3.png

Edited by romalley99

22 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Some people say you do a mock booking. That seems to work if the number of cabins in the category are less than 15. I believe that NCL doesn't release any more than 15 cabins in a category at a time.

I'm guessing you haven't tried this recently?