Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm in this exact same situation right now.  I was booked in a studio on a December sailing and the prices just dropped dramatically on the insides and balconies (but not the studios).  I just rebooked to an inside for a $1700 cost savings.  My plan is to then put in a bid for a balcony when the time comes.  My question for you...... with no single supplement, did they still charge you double for a your successful upgrade?

no, they dropped the single passenger supplement (which is the charge for the non-existent 2nd passenger....so, only paid for 1 

24 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

no, they dropped the single passenger supplement (which is the charge for the non-existent 2nd passenger....so, only paid for 1 

awesome.  then I'll bid a little higher when the bidding starts since if I won't have to pay double the bid price.

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm in this exact same situation right now.  I was booked in a studio on a December sailing and the prices just dropped dramatically on the insides and balconies (but not the studios).  I just rebooked to an inside for a $1700 cost savings.  My plan is to then put in a bid for a balcony when the time comes.  My question for you...... with no single supplement, did they still charge you double for a your successful upgrade?

They will charge you double on the bid.  At least they just did on my upcoming cruise, booked with a 50% solo supplement.  Upgrading is different than bidding.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, julig22 said:

They will charge you double on the bid.  At least they just did on my upcoming cruise, booked with a 50% solo supplement.  Upgrading is different than bidding.

I was responding to @Anitavacation post that there were not charged double for their upgrade.  Now, there was no single supplement (vs 50%), like my current cruise.  I guess I'll know for sure when I get the upgrade email (my cruise is in December).  I could upgrade to a balcony for $700, but its not worth that amount of $$$ to me.  I have no problem staying in the inside, and I usually put in a bid in the low area (never won a bid before).  so, if it turns out that they won't charge double, rather than putting in a $50 bid, I'd put in a $100.  I'm going to have an awesome time in any event

5 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I was responding to @Anitavacation post that there were not charged double for their upgrade.  Now, there was no single supplement (vs 50%), like my current cruise.  I guess I'll know for sure when I get the upgrade email (my cruise is in December).  I could upgrade to a balcony for $700, but its not worth that amount of $$$ to me.  I have no problem staying in the inside, and I usually put in a bid in the low area (never won a bid before).  so, if it turns out that they won't charge double, rather than putting in a $50 bid, I'd put in a $100.  I'm going to have an awesome time in any event

We were not charged double, BUT it specifically said 'NO SINGLE SUPPLIMENT'....so, unless it says that, you will be charged double....also, this was a few years ago, before they started doing this 'bid' thing....it was about 10 days before the cruise and prices dropped dramatically and they said 'NO SINGLE SUPPLIMENT' ....so, we didn't bid, we just called and upgraded from a studio to a balcony...I think it cost us like $50 each, they do not let you choose your room, it's random...(and I got an aft)

2 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

we just called and upgraded from a studio to a balcony...I think it cost us like $50 each, they do not let you choose your room, it's random...(and I got an aft)

When I've called to upgrade, I've absolutely been able to choose my room.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jotxl said:

3 weeks ago we have booked balcony stateroom for the 11/14 sailing on getaway, we have paid completely - but no offer, no email / no invitation for bidding....

Not every booking receives an offer! 

Did you book through a Travel Agency? (Might not participate - plenty do not.)

10 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

When I've called to upgrade, I've absolutely been able to choose my room.

I think it was because we were taking a guarantee balcony that we did not get to choose our cabin, but otherwise, yes, you would be able to choose your cabin

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

We were not charged double, BUT it specifically said 'NO SINGLE SUPPLIMENT'....so, unless it says that, you will be charged double....also, this was a few years ago, before they started doing this 'bid' thing....it was about 10 days before the cruise and prices dropped dramatically and they said 'NO SINGLE SUPPLIMENT' ....so, we didn't bid, we just called and upgraded from a studio to a balcony...I think it cost us like $50 each, they do not let you choose your room, it's random...(and I got an aft)

thanks for clarifying.  I was specifically asking about bidding for an upgrade.  After re-reading your original post, it was my fault for thinking you meant you put in an upgrade bid.  Now I get that when you said "I put in  a request", you meant you called and requested an upgrade.

4 minutes ago, missingcruzin said:

Thank you. Fingers crossed. I’ve bid on Haven cabins  and hoping to win one of the bids. 

Our roll call for Breakaway leaving tomorrow started getting bids accepted on Monday, and each day after bids were getting accepted.  Most bids were in the mid poor to low fair.  Alot of upgrades to the 2 bedroom family suites for couples only.  I guess with the lack of children under 12, and a large amount of people still holding out on vaccinating there 12 and up children they did not have as much call for them.  There were 9 available to book Monday night, and at least 4 of them went as upgrades over the next couple of days.

• Like 4

On 10/8/2021 at 12:14 PM, ggTexasGal said:

Not every booking receives an offer! 

Did you book through a Travel Agency? (Might not participate - plenty do not.)

19 hours ago, keep on cruisin said:

Our roll call for Breakaway leaving tomorrow started getting bids accepted on Monday, and each day after bids were getting accepted.  Most bids were in the mid poor to low fair.  Alot of upgrades to the 2 bedroom family suites for couples only.  I guess with the lack of children under 12, and a large amount of people still holding out on vaccinating there 12 and up children they did not have as much call for them.  There were 9 available to book Monday night, and at least 4 of them went as upgrades over the next couple of days.

thnanks, @ggtexasGal. yes, booked through a TA, but i remember 3 years ago we also booked by the same TA and we got it. After booking by TA we could manage our trip by the ncl- Website.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 12:09 PM, rad798 said:

With Jade, Encore, and Gem sailing and several more starting in September, just wondering who had upgrade bids ACCEPTED.

Would be great to know what cabin you had and type cabin your bid was accepted for? 

Not sure if people would want to put the amount but at least state if your offer was poor, fair, good, or strong.

On our cruise in June with Celebrity, they seemed to accept several of poor and fair bids.

I think they had a hard time selling those cruises though. 

Curious how this is going, on NCL.

Didn't see a recent thread on this. If there is one, can you please direct me there.

ye got bid accepted from balcony to spa club balcony suite for Nov 7th. only bidder $125

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Shayhooper said:

Does anyone have a list of which travel agents NCL does the bid process with and which ones they don't?  I thought there were a few but I could be completely off base and recalling incorrectly.

Not sure we would be allowed to answer.  But my suggestion when speaking to a TA ask them if they participate? 

58 minutes ago, keep on cruisin said:

Not sure we would be allowed to answer.  But my suggestion when speaking to a TA ask them if they participate? 

LOL.  Of course the easiest answer is the one I didn't think of.  It is a large on line agency so I'd likely have better luck emailing them.

I do wish this site had a personal message feature that information like that could be shared without posting it publicly.