Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

I just had my upgrade bid accepted for a cruise on the Jade departing on Sunday, but it was unusual!

We were in an oceanview, bidded for a balcony or mini-suite. I just received an email from NCL offering us an S4 2-bed deluxe family suite, or an SM Aft-facing penthouse, including butler and concierge, at our original bid price, which was definitely in the first poor category (and not very far at all off the bottom!)

Jumped on the phone within about a minute of the email arriving, and grabbed the aft-facing penthouse - the 2 bed seems pointless for a couple, and I think the penthouse has a bigger balcony.

I'm absolutely staggered by this, I was pretty much resigned to not getting an upgrade given how close we are to sailing so to end up in this is crazy! I'm going to try to keep this a secret from my wife, it'll be a really good surprise for her when we get to the cabin!

• Like 10

Just now, CruizinKittie40 said:

I was going to try to keep it a secret from my mom but the luggage tags will be different 😕

I'm still trying to figure out where to get hold of the new luggage tags - I know I found them before because I've already printed them for the oceanview, but finding things on NCLs website...we can all share that pain I'm sure!

55 minutes ago, thedarklord said:

I'm still trying to figure out where to get hold of the new luggage tags - I know I found them before because I've already printed them for the oceanview, but finding things on NCLs website...we can all share that pain I'm sure!

The link is in your edocs.

On 10/10/2021 at 7:18 PM, Shayhooper said:

I have previously booked through the large bulk cost site because they covered gratuities a few times, so I knew they didn't do the upgrade.  This one is for Americans that like Discounts and they offered an absurd amount of on board credit.

I'm typically about half and half, booking half the time direct with NCL and the other with an agency if I can find a good deal. 

I used the site you are referring too and they do participate in the program.

We will be on the Dawn in December and we booked through CAS and I know in the past I was able to bid on upgrades even though I never got the email.  I called CAS today and the woman told me that I would have to get an email or when I logged into NCL it would ask me if I wanted to get upgraded.  Neither one of these has happened and it's past final payment date (I just booked this on Tues).  Is there still a possibility of getting the opportunity to bid or have they already been sent out and there wouldn't be another chance?  I asked the woman how much it would be to just pay the difference but I don't think she knows what she's doing as she told me it would be an additional $11,000. 😜  I think I will call back in a day or two and try to get someone else as she quoted me a price for the cabin I have and I called back the next day and got it for $1700 cheaper.🤩 

Opportunities to upgrade are out for our December Breakaway cruise.  We currently have free drinks, free gratuities, and free specialty dinners along with a spa balcony that comes with free access to the thermal spa.  Question is would it be worth the minimum bid of $125 each to upgrade to spa club balcony suite?  We have ruled out upgrading to haven on this cruise because we would lose our free gratuities and haven is sailing at full capacity from what we have been reading.  We are leaning towards staying with what we have but know nothing about the spa club balcony rooms other than they come with a nicer shower.  

2 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Opportunities to upgrade are out for our December Breakaway cruise.  We currently have free drinks, free gratuities, and free specialty dinners along with a spa balcony that comes with free access to the thermal spa.  Question is would it be worth the minimum bid of $125 each to upgrade to spa club balcony suite?  We have ruled out upgrading to haven on this cruise because we would lose our free gratuities and haven is sailing at full capacity from what we have been reading.  We are leaning towards staying with what we have but know nothing about the spa club balcony rooms other than they come with a nicer shower.  

If you bid it will be $250 for 2 people, you will get a larger bathroom with a bigger shower and larger sink, one free bag of laundry perk, plus a few canapés delivered to your room.

Not sure it’s worth the extra money since you already have the spa access.

which December cruise are you on? I sail on the 12th on the Breakaway.

Edited by justhappy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, justhappy said:

If you bid it will be $250 for 2 people, you will get a larger bathroom with a bigger shower and larger sink, one free bag of laundry perk, plus a few canapés delivered to your room.

Not sure it’s worth the extra money since you already have the spa access.

which December cruise are you on? I sail on the 12th on the Breakaway.

We are on the Breakaway the week before you.   Thanks for the info on the free laundry in the spa club balcony rooms.  We were not aware of that.  We may look into one of those next time.  We really wanted to get into the Haven but there is such a frenzy of demand for haven.   We were booked in a haven spa suite on the Breakaway last December that was cancelled due to covid.  The same thing now is almost $1000 per person higher.

Edited by seemoreroyals
  • Like 1

Hello!  Today I received notice that my bid for a Haven Owner's Suite was accepted for the Epic Oct. 31st sailing. My bid was at the low end of fair. 

Question--  the total price includes my previous fare for a balcony room. Example, if my cost for balcony room was $1000 and my bid was $2000 to upgrade to a Haven my total cruise fare is $3000 times 2. I did not realize the bid was on top of your original fare. 

Is this correct?

I am not complaining since the total price was still a bargain, but I was surprised. 

Thanks and so happy for what I know will be a great trip.  Happy cruising everyone!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, timeless9704 said:

Hello!  Today I received notice that my bid for a Haven Owner's Suite was accepted for the Epic Oct. 31st sailing. My bid was at the low end of fair. 

Question--  the total price includes my previous fare for a balcony room. Example, if my cost for balcony room was $1000 and my bid was $2000 to upgrade to a Haven my total cruise fare is $3000 times 2. I did not realize the bid was on top of your original fare. 

Is this correct?

I am not complaining since the total price was still a bargain, but I was surprised. 

Thanks and so happy for what I know will be a great trip.  Happy cruising everyone!!

Yup, whatever you bid is what your UPGRADE costs, on top of your original cost.  Times 2, of course.

53 minutes ago, timeless9704 said:

Is this correct?

That's awesome! I've never seen an Owner's Suite not sold out on the website.

3 minutes ago, cmecruise1962 said:

I'm worried about this sentence:

The Upgrade does not include any additional promotions

But I get to keep the ones I have...right??

You keep whatever your original room gave you....plus if you go non-haven to haven, you get the haven perks.

21 hours ago, cruiseat50 said:

We will be on the Dawn in December and we booked through CAS and I know in the past I was able to bid on upgrades even though I never got the email.  I called CAS today and the woman told me that I would have to get an email or when I logged into NCL it would ask me if I wanted to get upgraded.  Neither one of these has happened and it's past final payment date (I just booked this on Tues).  Is there still a possibility of getting the opportunity to bid or have they already been sent out and there wouldn't be another chance? 

FYI... my question was answered today as when I logged into my sailing there was a note asking me if I wanted to upgrade.  Fingers crossed.

But I have one more question now... if by some miracle we win the Garden Villa would we be able to have invite friends or family to join us on the cruise?  Would there be a charge?

1 hour ago, cruiseat50 said:

FYI... my question was answered today as when I logged into my sailing there was a note asking me if I wanted to upgrade.  Fingers crossed.

But I have one more question now... if by some miracle we win the Garden Villa would we be able to have invite friends or family to join us on the cruise?  Would there be a charge?

I'm jealous . 9 more days to go n no email 

5 hours ago, terrabella33 said:

Got upgraded today to two bedroom haven suite for 10/31 on Epic! I bid about $110 over the lowest option (1010 per person) which on their meter was considered to be a “poor bid” 

• Like 1