Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

A lot of our initial anxiety has subsided and the current vax rate on Celebrity ships helps us feel more relaxed.      I'm more concerned about flying and FLL than I am of the cruise itself.

I felt the same on our recent Silhouette cruise.

Do you have to have a PCR test, I found waiting for the results the most stressful aspect.

What about testing between cruises? 
Quite a few passengers on our 6th August cruise, have booked another ‘staycation.’

The thought of having to have another test is putting me off, due to the fact that we didn’t go anywhere for 2 weeks prior to the cruise. 
At least you shouldn’t have many children on your cruises, therefore the majority of passengers will be double vaccinated and of course all the crew.

Have a safe and fun trip, Jim.

We have an eastern/southern Caribbean itinerary on the Silhouette in December similar to your first leg. As of now, all the ports but one require Celebrity-only excursions. I’ll be interested in seeing what you do in your ports. 

Enjoy!

Judith 

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Feel free to ask anything and if I can't answer someone here on Cruise Critics will.    I learn something new everyday from other members.

I am just gonna ask are you concerned about a long flight across the country? do you have a non stop?

Also you very brave in doing B2B and dealing with the in between testing too.   Hope that goes well and hope all of the ports are open too.

10 minutes ago, MikeinSA said:

Quick question are either B&B or Drambuie included on the Classic Drink package

I can answer part of your question. Drambuie is not on the Classic package (but is on Premium package). Here’s a link to a comparison from the Celebrity web site:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

• Thanks 1

We are on this b2b with you.   I disconnect my Cruise Critic addiction while sailing so I will review when we return.  We chickened out and cancelled our flights yesterday and will be driving from NC on Saturday.  Had a connection through Tampa on the way down and 11:15 nonstop home was cancelled and moved to 5:30 pm.   Combined with it being Southwest with 3&3 seating we just feel safer driving as we did for our July Edge sailing.

• Like 4

Bon voyage Jim and Iain! I’m sure your adult children aren’t begrudging you this part of their inheritance after the last 15 months!

We only got off briefly at one port and that was A OK, not what I would want on every cruise, but perfectly fine for a week or Two.

I’m interested to hear what you have to say about the atmosphere on board, being relatively empty was good in some ways and a little weird and creepy in others. The emptiness is not evenly distributed- Martini Bar got filled at least for an hour or two every night and Retreat Lounge was busy before dinner - but everything emptied out at 9 pm.

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I felt the same on our recent Silhouette cruise.

Do you have to have a PCR test, I found waiting for the results the most stressful aspect.

What about testing between cruises? 
Quite a few passengers on our 6th August cruise, have booked another ‘staycation.’

The thought of having to have another test is putting me off, due to the fact that we didn’t go anywhere for 2 weeks prior to the cruise. 
At least you shouldn’t have many children on your cruises, therefore the majority of passengers will be double vaccinated and of course all the crew.

We have a PCR scheduled first but they can't guarantee 72 hours so have also booked a Rapid Test.

The tests don't really bother me as I have had 4 others this year to meet medical and dental requirements. 

4 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Yay!  You started.

Our 10/8 cruise is the same as your second.  I wonder if we'll have a change due to Nassau.  And you already know what my question is.

Do you need a ride to the airport?

We are ok for rides we have an Uber already scheduled.    We were originally flying out of SJC but changed our flight last week to a flight out of SFO.    When watching out original flights looked like they were on time only 25% of the time and had a short connection in DEN.

4 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Enjoy...

I believe the 2nd part of your journey is the itinerary that I had cancelled this time last September.  I'll be sailing Equinox in January (Edge is next week 🤩).  I always look forward to your reviews.

Bon voyage,

Susan

Thanks Susan.    We were also booked on the same itinerary March 2020 and only found out about the cancellation upon arrival in FLL.    We did end up spending 2 days in FLL area before we could get a flight back home in 1st Class.   

I think we will both enjoy the cruise and I'm really up for it. 

• Like 1