BinaxNOWCovid19AgCardHome test

CJMini

I apologize if my question has been answered on this topic.  I’ve read conflicting postings.

If I order the 6 pack of tests from eMed, can my daughter, her husband and child

use 3 packs and then 2 be given to grandfather and grandmother?  We do not reside in the same household if that is important.

Just trying to be economical.

Thanks in advance,

CJ

I wanted to order but I was denied because I didn't have one of their valid reasons for needing them. They want me to say either I 1)have Covid symptoms, 2) think I was exposed in the last 14 days, 3) work as a first responder, 4) work with a vulnerable population, or 5) need to test for re-entry to the US. It didn't give the option of needing one to test 2 days before departing on a cruise. 

3 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

I wanted to order but I was denied because I didn't have one of their valid reasons for needing them. They want me to say either I 1)have Covid symptoms, 2) think I was exposed in the last 14 days, 3) work as a first responder, 4) work with a vulnerable population, or 5) need to test for re-entry to the US. It didn't give the option of needing one to test 2 days before departing on a cruise.

Just say you think you were exposed. How are they going to know you weren't?

16 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

5) need to test for re-entry to the US

If you want to justify your response, you can't return to the US on a cruise if you didn't get tested to embark on it in the first place.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

5) need to test for re-entry to the US

If you want to justify your response, you can't return to the US on a cruise if you didn't get tested to embark on it in the first place.

This right here is what everyone cruising should say.

• Like 1

After watching the video on their website, I now understand how to complete the test and interpret the results. 

I just don't understand how the test produces anything that can be used to provide the proof that is required to board a ship. 

Surely a person is not expected to take the test card with them to show to the boarding personnel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

After watching the video on their website, I now understand how to complete the test and interpret the results. 

I just don't understand how the test produces anything that can be used to provide the proof that is required to board a ship. 

Surely a person is not expected to take the test card with them to show to the boarding personnel. 

You see the bit about setting up an account in their app, right?  The card gets thrown away, and you keep the proof statement registered in the app.  🙂

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 5:25 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

You also get an attestation letter emailed to you immediately that can be printed. 

Sorry if I missed it in one of the numerous threads but do my husband and I need to do the tests on 2 separate calls?  

4 minutes ago, trippintex said:

check walmart for BinaxNOW test we hope there the same

Last I heard the acceptable “monitored” ones were only available online.  But before purchasing make sure they are the ones listed below!!

4B83DF26-0AF5-46AA-8AF9-701E9B2618CF.jpeg

Edited by GTO-Girl

On 9/3/2021 at 2:27 PM, Bgwest said:

WRONG TEST!  You need the one in the picture GTO girl posted, you do the test WITH a live human proctor, that is the proof you need along with the email result and text on your phone to show at pier.  Order expedited shipping from eMed or Optum.com NOW!

The ones sold over the counter at drug stores or big box stores ARENOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

The proctored test kits are the same price everywhere, except for shipping charges.  Those depend on where you live, unless the $14.99 I paid is standard.  My 6 kits cost $178 with tax and delivery to CA.

It is so easy to get these through the Navica app.  Don't go shopping at Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aide, Walmart, or Amazon online.  They don't have them, and I've checked multiple times.

Download the app to your phone. Buy the kits through the app ("I Need a Test").  You will have your test kits within 1-2 days.  I ordered Friday night and will get mine on Tuesday.  They don't deliver on Sunday or holidays, and tomorrow is Labor Day.  They have to approve the test kit, and that happens after you order and pay.  Doing mine at night after 6pm EST, they approved mine on Saturday (yesterday), and shipped it out yesterday.

7 hours ago, pcur said:

The proctored test kits are the same price everywhere, except for shipping charges.  Those depend on where you live, unless the $14.99 I paid is standard.  My 6 kits cost $178 with tax and delivery to CA.

It is so easy to get these through the Navica app.  Don't go shopping at Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aide, Walmart, or Amazon online.  They don't have them, and I've checked multiple times.

Download the app to your phone. Buy the kits through the app ("I Need a Test").  You will have your test kits within 1-2 days.  I ordered Friday night and will get mine on Tuesday.  They don't deliver on Sunday or holidays, and tomorrow is Labor Day.  They have to approve the test kit, and that happens after you order and pay.  Doing mine at night after 6pm EST, they approved mine on Saturday (yesterday), and shipped it out yesterday.

Everything is with an app.  We don't have a Smart Phone.  Our cruise isn't until January, 2022 so hoping we won't need one by then.  

10 hours ago, shofer said:

Everything is with an app.  We don't have a Smart Phone.  Our cruise isn't until January, 2022 so hoping we won't need one by then.  

Is there a way to do it on your laptop? They're going to email you something official anyway about the results of the test.

10 hours ago, shofer said:

Yes, you can do it online with a pc at emed.com.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, shofer said:

I wouldn't count on that.....

You can do it all by computer, or iPad too.

HaHa didn't see your post Pcur

Edited by BecciBoo