Rccl now requires a covid19 test within 2 days of sailing!

DJChick

1 hour ago, trippintex said:

doing nothing like this with a phone or i pad and camera. Will the app walk you through it? just got a smart phone aug 6 just do not know what to do or how to do it old and have no kids to show us how

You can call them at eMed they will be able to help you or at Optum, we spoke with the guy at Optum.  Is your phone iPhone or ANdroid?  You may need help from the place you bought the phone if you have absolutely no experience. 

Or watch the videos on You Tube under eMed which will tell you more.  Links have been posted here for them.  Definitely go to the app store icon on your new phone and click then input Navica Medical and it should appear, then you "get it" (the app), you should be able to follow along.  

You need to purchase your tests at either eMed or Optum, then set up an account on your iPad or computer at eMed online to take the test, then you go to your phone and into the Navica app to  do the test.  Best find a friend who is iPhone savvy to help you, just grap a teenager off the street!  Just kidding!

We downloaded the Navica Medical app the blue one and here is a start to finish video of a guy testing

Edited by BecciBoo

9 hours ago, fenton04 said:

Its one of the medical field "orphan" profession.  We work behind the scenes.  Now we run into a lot of nurses, respiratory, physical therapists (my wife is a retired nurse)on our travels.  But i wouldn't trade one minute of my career.  Its one of the few professions that you have to be 100 per cent correct.  Be open to work holidays, week ends because some poor soul needs those results to get on with their life.  While I don't know you I do know that you are hardworking, compassionate, and conscientious. 

Yep. I am one of those enviro field guys. 365 days a year, the behind the scenes dudes so ya'll have water and sewer:) Hurricanes come and I am sleeping at the lab.....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, icsys said:

It would appear the USA, Bahamas and UK....

For cruises departing from EU ports, fully vaccinated guests do not require a pre-test but will get a complimentary rapid antigen test at the terminal on boarding day. 

For some reason, cruises departing Southampton require all guests to provide a negative test taken within 3 days prior to boarding with none required at the terminal on boarding day but unvaccinated guests 2-17 will get a complimentary rapid antigen test at the terminal . 

Getting ready to cruise

Hello,

Yesterday, Saturday 4th September, I received my email telling me to book a test for my Anthem 19th September departure ex Southampton. At the same time it told me that the test had to be taken (still) within three days of the date of departure.

Whether it's two or three days will make no difference to me as I will be half way through a B2B and will take my #2 test on board on changeover morning.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
more details

On 9/3/2021 at 7:52 PM, brookmill18 said:

I think you live in MA? For anyone who lives in MA, there are 4 state testing sites run by Project Beacon. You have to be a MA resident but they are free and we have used many many times over the last 15 months--PCR test with results back under 24 hours. They are amazing. Maybe things could change, but this has been our experience many times and as recently as 4 weeks ago. You may have to drive a bit to find a site open on the day you need it, at least one site is open every day of the week. Good luck!

How do you receive the test results?

5 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

How do you receive the test results?

They email them to you and you have them saved in your account. Each member of your party (including under 18s) register for their own Project Beacon account. You then go into that account to register for tests and to see results. But they do email you. The longest we've had to wait is 15 hours. My son needed one turned around with 36 hours 4 weeks ago so I called Project Beacon, She said they cannot guarantee it less than 48 hours, but that at the moment, all the tests from the day are brought to the lab at the end of the day. My son had his test at 4pm and received the results in the middle of the night around 2am.

You can print out the results as well as show them on your phone from their site once you are into your account.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tomjohnsonjr said:

So maybe the grandkids should not cruise until there able to get vaccinated. The back log is due to the unvaccinated. The 40 minutes to get the results maybe keeping a lot of people safe and the cruise 🚢 lines In business. In my area they have been closing the schools completely down. 

I'm not complaining about the 40 minutes, just stating a fact. Why single out the kids? Maybe no unvaccinated should sail and the cruise lines should go 100% vax? The people in the waiting area when we were there all had young kids. We felt a lot safer on the ship than when we were in Florida the week before. 

Never fear, the grandkids next sail date is August 14, 2022. By then at least one and hopefully both will be vaccinated 

mac_tlc

On 9/3/2021 at 6:22 PM, steveru621 said:

I can't be the only one that doesn't know what 2 days mean?  48 hours before sail time?  If I'm leaving on October 1st, that mean I need to get tested on 09/29 or 09/30?  Does the time of day matter?

This is so stressful.  Losing $10,000 on a cruise is not on my radar.

Whatever day you leave, count backwards.  The day you leave doesn't count, so Friday, the 1st. is zero, Thursday, the 30th. is one, Wednesday, the 29th.  to two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I understand there is a rapid PCR test, but it's very expensive, like around $300.00. I don't know who does it though.

We sailed early this month. We went to CVS and got the rapid test and got results in about 30 minutes on our phone. They billed our insurance for the test, we had no out of pocket cost. You do need to make a reservation with CVS, in our state you can make them two weeks in advance. Not every CVS location does the test so check their website to make the reservation and they will direct you to the closest location where the tests are given. 

3 hours ago, Presbycruiser67 said:

I think I read in this thread that there is rapid PCR test??  That would solve my issue very nicely.  Can anyone confirm?

The molecular test also called PCR or NAAT test is 3-4 days.  The antigen test is the rapid test.  Make sure the test you get is,  "Rapid Antigen Test". 

9 minutes ago, SushirollQueen said:

The molecular test also called PCR or NAAT test is 3-4 days.  The antigen test is the rapid test.  Make sure the test you get is,  "Rapid Antigen Test". 

The NAAT is a rapid test as well, just not as rapid as the antigen and as of thev13th kids are no longer able to use the antigen test for their pre cruise test.

Edited by mauraoel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SushirollQueen said:

No, only the Rapid Antigen Test is rapid.

Miami Airport has rapid PCR tests(for a fee, of course)

https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/

MIA’s South Terminal testing facility, operated by Nomi Health and located near the Concourse H TSA Checkpoint on the departures level at Door 20, provides Antigen, PCR, and Rapid PCR tests daily from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. for walk-ins and scheduled appointments. PCR test results are provided within 24 hours, Rapid PCR test results within one hour with an oral swab, and Antigen results are available within 15 minutes. Notifications and results are provided to customers via text and/or email. For testing costs or to schedule an appointment, visit the Nomi Health website or call (305) 280-0694toll free at (833) 685-0700.

39 minutes ago, SushirollQueen said:

I called Royal Guest services and they said they will have testing at the pier.  Not sure on price because it still in the early process.

Well that will be great news to have that option. I hope they make a formal announcement.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

the at home test kits being sold at most pharmacies are not the one you need.   

1 hour ago, jcc1025 said:

We sailed early this month. We went to CVS and got the rapid test and got results in about 30 minutes on our phone. They billed our insurance for the test, we had no out of pocket cost. You do need to make a reservation with CVS, in our state you can make them two weeks in advance. Not every CVS location does the test so check their website to make the reservation and they will direct you to the closest location where the tests are given. 

there is a rapid PCR and a rapid antigen.   You most like had the rapid antigen test at CVS.      the rapid pcr test is usually done where a lab is set up on site and able to review test immediately.   this is why they are usually expensive.   maybe able to submit claim to insurance for a rapid PCR, depends on your insurance.    

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

the at home test kits being sold at most pharmacies are not the one you need.   

there is a rapid PCR and a rapid antigen.   You most like had the rapid antigen test at CVS.      the rapid pcr test is usually done where a lab is set up on site and able to review test immediately.   this is why they are usually expensive.   maybe able to submit claim to insurance for a rapid PCR, depends on your insurance.    

There was a lab on site at our CVS and they actually offered both test and would not have charged us for either due to our insurance. We did the antigne because we had to travel to out ship and wanted to be sure we had a negitive result back before we flew to Texas. Didn't want to get there and find out we could not get on the ship.  I did hear that some people in higher infection states like TX and FL are having more problems getting CVS and Wallgreen appoitments. 

2 hours ago, SushirollQueen said:

Whatever day you leave, count backwards.  The day you leave doesn't count, so Friday, the 1st. is zero, Thursday, the 30th. is one, Wednesday, the 29th.  to two.

That's three days. Day you sail us day zero, the day before is day 1, two days before is Day two

3 hours ago, SushirollQueen said:

I called Royal Guest services and they said they will have testing at the pier.  Not sure on price because it still in the early process.

Until it is posted on their website, I wouldn't count on this.  CS statements have a reliability factor of about 25% in my experience.

One of the most obvious negative issues with pier testing is that for every positive you catch at the pier, the MSM will plaster the wires with stories of how an evil cruise line forced a Covid positive person to fly cross country just to cruise, exposing the innocent masses on the plane and in the airport terminals. There is no upside.

• Like 1

For the math challenged….of course, this could change again before you actually sail. All of this count back, count forward, this date, that date, how many days in this month, 2 days, 48 hours just confuses some. I find this is just the easiest, but then again, I don’t like math..😉

Depart (cruise)   Test (no earlier than)

Fri                         Wed

Sat                        Thur

Sun                       Fri

Mon                      Sat

Tue                       Sun

Wed                      Mon

Thur                     Tue                  

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I'll be changing my flight or cancelling. No way am I taking the test in a hotel with spotty wifi and the chance of testing positive and being stuck across the country.

Changing the flight is a consideration, but more than likely we'll get up way before the crack of dawn and do the ag card test on Day 2 before cruise (also flight day). We can sleep later. As someone earlier said, "Where there is a will, there is a way."

• Like 2