MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

2 minutes ago, racephoto said:

They were Covid. It seems like these days those terms and conditions only bind the consumer. Yeah, you can probably prevail if you want to take them to court. But most people don’t have the time, money or inclination to invest in that process. I know I don’t. Not for the few hundred dollars I spent for this cruise anyway.

I live an hour or so away, and am retired so I am not too concerned. 

Steve

40 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Just got off the phone with MSC trying to grab the Royal suite as it was available yesterday.  

No cabins are available on this sailing now. So 500 available the other day now none.

I don't know if that"s good or bad?

Steve

Well, this has happened at least twice before. Maybe the third time is the charm and they’re actually going to fix this mess this time. (As much as they can at this point). But I don’t feel all that hopeful about it.

50 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Just got off the phone with MSC trying to grab the Royal suite as it was available yesterday.  

No cabins are available on this sailing now. So 500 available the other day now none.

I don't know if that"s good or bad?

Steve

They list sailing as Sold Out when they shut down booking activity to assess status of cruise.
This happened to us before.

Could be they are dealing with Salsa people concerned with the fact that MSC is selling cabins on “their cruise”.

Hoping for the best for you guys.

17 minutes ago, phissy said:

They list sai
This happened to us before.

Could be they are dealing with Salsa people concerned with the fact that MSC is selling cabins on “their cruise”.

Hoping for the best for you guys.

Hi Pat,

Salsa is still stating that they have the whole ship as recent in an email this morning. 

I still don't know how they will play their music till 5am every night with out disturbing everyone else? That noise would be unreasonable, period.

I have the cabin right next to the pool. That is why I was looking at the  Royal suite up front and away.

I expect things to go as they are and they are hoping people won't do anything. I just can't fathom that they will subject the non salsa people to this?

This could really cause things to escalate between the Salsa people, the regular passengers and the cruise line.

We both have reasonable expectations. Salsa wants their event as planned and we want a regular cruise.

The common denominator is the cruise line who is putting profits ahead of anything.

How they will handle this if both parties sail? I really wish I knew what their contact stated?

Steve

I booked two days ago oblivious as to what was happening. I've had two cruises get cancelled due to covid, one on NCL the afternoon prior to embarkation to "flatten the curve" and then April of this year on MSC. This is (maybe) going to be my first cruise and my only concern this morning was figuring out the covid testing aspect and then I signed up for the FB group for this sailing and I shook my head and chuckled and figured that I am probably never going to go on a cruise in this lifetime. I then saw that it was a salsa cruise and chuckled even more. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

Major problem here.  Checked earlier and all was correct..then came home to this..

• Deck: ARTEMIDE
  • Stateroom: 8228
  • Type: Balcony Stateroom
  • Experience: YACHT CLUB: Exclusivity & Luxury

Busted down to floor 8.  At least its a Fantastica room?  Butler will have to walk a bit.... I noticed my room has changed too.  Dropped from floor 12 to floor 9.

Edited by mlbdude

2 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

Busted down to floor 8.  At least its a Fantastica room?  Butler will have to walk a bit.... I noticed my room has changed too.  Dropped from floor 12 to floor 9.

Mine has changed again also...from deck 10 down to 9.

Just noticed my room has been changed, which doesn't come as a surprise as I have seen lots of others switched. How often do they do this and is the only way to find out is going into my cruise details? I'm assuming there is no way of getting the original room back (or one in the area I had chosen) with a phone call  LOL. Wondering if the next room switch will be right off the ship  😉 

1 hour ago, mlbdude said:

I have sailed right near that room, and they were all Bella at the time.... Quite a downgrade.

All cabin numbers posted are Fantastica Balconies as per MSC deck plans.

Ugh!  What a mess.

Edited by phissy
Correction

We had the Deluxe Grand Suite in the YC, PAID in full and now have a balcony on the 8th Floor.  Almost hilarious but pitiful that MSC USA Reservations has no clue what is occurring.  I am done querying them.

Hopefully, I'll get my $2200 refunded.  The Brain Surgeons in reservations stated the 10/28 cruise was NOT canceled, there was "only" an itinerary change so there are no refunds this late in the game EVEN though I paid in full 7/28 and this itinerary change was made on 9/2.

i told her my cruise departs on 10/28 from PC.  The ship will not be in PC on 10/28 therefore my cruise was canceled.  She placed me on hold and came back, sorry, it was only a change in itinerary.

i gave up.   I ll call VISA if need be with the backup documentation and protest the $2,200 charge.  Semantics just wont work here, "change in itinerary vs cancellation".

11 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

We had the Deluxe Grand Suite in the YC, PAID in full and now have a balcony on the 8th Floor.  Almost hilarious but pitiful that MSC USA Reservations has no clue what is occurring.  I am done querying them.

Hopefully, I'll get my $2200 refunded.  The Brain Surgeons in reservations stated the 10/28 cruise was NOT canceled, there was "only" an itinerary change so there are no refunds this late in the game EVEN though I paid in full 7/28 and this itinerary change was made on 9/2.

i told her my cruise departs on 10/28 from PC.  The ship will not be in PC on 10/28 therefore my cruise was canceled.  She placed me on hold and came back, sorry, it was only a change in itinerary.

i gave up.   I ll call VISA if need be with the backup documentation and protest the $2,200 charge.  Semantics just wont work here, "change in itinerary vs cancellation".

Would you share with us what documentation you are going to pull together?  I think that is becoming our best recourse here.

I was actually moved from my OV to a Balcony so they will tell me I was upgraded, but I have been trying to get to the YC (willing to pay the price on the website, well when it was on the website).  

Although I did call last night I have also written to the  existing reservations dept asking for help. In the past they have been helpful, and I wanted to start a paper trail. Below is the email address if anyone else wants to email them.

The email address is 

MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

Spoilt

2 hours ago, Speasda said:

Would you share with us what documentation you are going to pull together?  I think that is becoming our best recourse here.

I was actually moved from my OV to a Balcony so they will tell me I was upgraded, but I have been trying to get to the YC (willing to pay the price on the website, well when it was on the website).  

Here is what I consider good substantiation for the credit card company.

1.   Copy of $198 deposit in June.  (Have 9 cruises booked so wanted to segregate this deposit)

2.  Original invoice detailing the deposit, itinerary with dates, amount due 90 days before departure, 7/28.

3.  Paid in full invoice on 7/28 with the above info.  Stating the THREE NIGHT itinerary from PC to Salt Cay (key) and returning to PC.

Copy of phone calls made to MSC AFTER the cruise disappeared from the MSC website asking where it went.  Probably 15 calls to prove my intent to rectify the situation with MSC. Each call was documented, date, time and Rep's name.

Of course I will not spend good money after bad but do like to be taken advantage of.  A good lawyer would charge way over $2,200 to recover my money so will go the VISA, least resistant route to recover my money.

Hopefully, this is all moot since for sure MSC will make us all whole again, probably in October.

29 minutes ago, Seadweller001 said:

1.   Copy of $198 deposit in June.  (Have 9 cruises booked so wanted to segregate this deposit)

2.  Original invoice detailing the deposit, itinerary with dates, amount due 90 days before departure, 7/28.

3.  Paid in full invoice on 7/28 with the above info.  Stating the THREE NIGHT itinerary from PC to Salt Cay (key) and returning to PC.

Copy of phone calls made to MSC AFTER the cruise disappeared from the MSC website asking where it went.  Probably 15 calls to prove my intent to rectify the situation with MSC. Each call was documented, date, time and Rep's name.

Of course I will not spend good money after bad but do like to be taken advantage of.  A good lawyer would charge way over $2,200 to recover my money so will go the VISA, least resistant route to recover my money.

Hopefully, this is all moot since for sure MSC will make us all whole again, probably in October.

To NOT be taken adv of.

and a screen shot of the Oct 24-31 Divina cruise showing the ship will not be in PC on 10/28 to embark us on our fully paid YC cruise.  Case closed.

1 hour ago, Seadweller001 said:

I have been looking at October, November and beyond.  Biggest issue is Divina is moving to Miami and Meraviglia is coming to PC.  I don't like Mera.

I have 2 Dec cruises with MSC.

I have 2 in  March with MSC.

The plus side...Mera has no Grand Suites so only option is royal suite as I am not downgrading.

Seashore has GS but I would need to be compensated for going to Miami.

PC is 38 miles away and park at friends house 7 minutes away  who drops me off and.picks me up.

Miami is 200 miles, $180 to park, plus $20 in tolls and $50 in gas.

Steve

22 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have been looking at October, November and beyond.  Biggest issue is Divina is moving to Miami and Meraviglia is coming to PC.  I don't like Mera.

I have 2 Dec cruises with MSC.

I have 2 in  March with MSC.

The plus side...Mera has no Grand Suites so only option is royal suite as I am not downgrading.

Seashore has GS but I would need to be compensated for going to Miami.

PC is 38 miles away and park at friends house 7 minutes away  who drops me off and.picks me up.

Miami is 200 miles, $180 to park, plus $20 in tolls and $50 in gas.

Steve

We did MIA, FLL for years.  I refuse to drive there anymore with the horrendous traffic and excessive parking costs.  PC is much better on my stress level.   At least now we have some choices in cruiselines at PC.

It would be nice if they gave us the Grand Suite in April when the Divina returns but I wont push my luck.