MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

11 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

How did that come about? 11 to 7&4?

Did your ports change? 

Steve

Truly I don't remember. (Yes, getting older is a b....!) It was end of January into February 2020, right before things began to go south). Interestingly it was on the Davina as well.  Yes the ports did change but for us the ship is the "destination" so changing or losing a port didn't really bother us.  As we have been to all or most all we often don't get off the ship, that's why it was irritating to us to basically lose a "sea day"  since everything was closed all day and etc.

9 hours ago, racephoto said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t be happy with it either. However, we would just be a little unhappy. Many of the people who booked the 3 and 4 day cruises over the past 6 months or so that they were selling them that way may be out hundreds of dollars in airfare and hotel change fees. Some will lose out on their vacation time. I’d put up with a little less wonderful of an an experience, especially considering I paid less than $500 for a solo balcony for a week, so everyone can cruise. But that’s just me. 

While that is true, we don't know how many 3/4 cruisers it effected, and my understanding is that they were offered to change it into a 7 day for very little or no more cost.  And yes, I do know that changing planes and hotel reservations can be rough (many airlines at this time are offering to let you change flights or cancel for no fee until end of year, and hotels seem to be somewhat flexible as well) that is a chance you take with cruising.  We have had more than one changed over the years especially during hurricane season and over the last year and half several due to covid

While I do feel for the people that booked this cruise, I too booked it.  While there is no scenario where everyone here comes out totally happy, I was merely offering my perspective on what changing my cruise would be.

14 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

All I care about is Jamaica.

I would not want that Nassau Freeport, repeat cruise. Not what they sold.me 10 days ago.

Iron clad?  If it was, they would not be selling 7 day cruises.

I have no problem getting off at the first port and flying home and taking them on for a material misrepresentation.

I think the salsa is screwed.

Steve

Did you book this with Jamaica on the itinerary?  7 nights?  Not on the salsa site?  I only see it as 4 + 3 nights, with no Jamaica.

33 minutes ago, AhoyCruiser said:

I heard they are simply refunding anyone who was booked for the 3 or 4 night. and cancelling most that tried to book the 7 night if not within the charter group.

They are still actively selling this as a 7 night to the general public. 

Where did you get the cancelling of those on the 7 night?   I called and tried to do a lift and shift to 1 of 5 other cruises and they said no.

Steve

7 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Did you book this with Jamaica on the itinerary?  7 nights?  Not on the salsa site?  I only see it as 4 + 3 nights, with no Jamaica.

Booked it 13 days ago direct with MSC on the phone.

Was on the 10/23/ sailing on Meraviglia in YC interior looking to upgrade to Deluxe YC.  Rep mentioned great deal on 10/24 Divina and swapped me over for no additional monies to Deluxe YC. While on the phone I saw the Grand suite was available so for about $400 total I ended up there.

Steve

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

I talked with the salsa group's agent today and there's 1800 guests in their group and they have entertainment scheduled until 5 AM on the pool deck.

I saw your post in the FB roll call group. That sounds like just too much ‘fun’ for me. I bet the noise in the cabins under that deck will be incredible, because it’s not gonna be subdued like chamber music LOL. 

On 9/14/2021 at 2:26 PM, Native Floridian 26 said:

Interesting how if you book through Salsacruise.com, the port charges are $250.  They are only $98 when booking on MSC.  They (salsacruise) even make money on those!

this is yet another indication that this is a pricing error. You can’t find another three night MSC cruise out of PC that has port charges that low. At least I couldn’t. 

6 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Booked it 13 days ago direct with MSC on the phone.

Was on the 10/23/ sailing on Meraviglia in YC interior looking to upgrade to Deluxe YC.  Rep mentioned great deal on 10/24 Divina and swapped me over for no additional monies to Deluxe YC. While on the phone I saw the Grand suite was available so for about $400 total I ended up there.

Steve

Steve, 

I am thinking YC may be somewhat insulated from the Salsa Activity.

Since original ship did not have YC, most Salsa people probably booked cabins on main decks of the ship.  Hope MSC keeps the YC  excluded from Salsa Charter activities.   

We are sailing mostly to relax and enjoy ourselves in the YC. Hopefully , you will be able to have a great cruise.

Pat

Just now, phissy said:

Steve, 

I am thinking YC may be somewhat insulated from the Salsa Activity.

Since original ship did not have YC, most Salsa people probably booked cabins on main decks of the ship.  Hope MSC keeps the YC  excluded from Salsa Charter activities.   

We are sailing mostly to relax and enjoy ourselves in the YC. Hopefully , you will be able to have a great cruise.

Pat

Hi Pat,

That's what I think as well. I will have a serious problem if the regular night time activities are interrupted.

If I hear anything after 11pm I will start to lodge complaint after complaint. I too have contacted Salsa cruise and they again told me they have the whole ship via email in writing??

If I don't like it, I will get off at the 1st port and fly home and deal with them on land. Its great to live in Florida.

Steve

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

So do they have exclusive use of the ship?

Steve

She told me that the group is willing to allow others,  but that MSC needed to be upfront about it being a charter. I think she doesn't want noncharter guests upset with her business.  I got the impression that she wasn't very happy with MSC either. She also was under the impression that everyone that booked as a 7 night was canceled and that those that booked a 4 or 3 night had been given the option to cancel or move. 

1 minute ago, Adian80 said:

She told me that the group is willing to allow others,  but that MSC needed to be upfront about it being a charter. I think she doesn't want noncharter guests upset with her business.  I got the impression that she wasn't very happy with MSC either. She also was under the impression that everyone that booked as a 7 night was canceled and that those that booked a 4 or 3 night had been given the option to cancel or move. 

Something needs to be done So what if MSC is not upfront as they are so far?  

Steve

2 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Something needs to be done So what if MSC is not upfront as they are so far?  

Steve

She wanted any noncharter guest to be aware that this is a salsa themed cruise.  That's all the info I have. I got the impression that she's received a lot of calls/emails from outside her group. She was super nice and gave me way more info than MSC has so far. 

3 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

She wanted any noncharter guest to be aware that this is a salsa themed cruise.  That's all the info I have. I got the impression that she's received a lot of calls/emails from outside her group. She was super nice and gave me way more info than MSC has so far. 

So we are aware that MSC is being secretive. What are our options? How do they put things back?

Cruise is not for sale again and my booking is missing?

Steve

Edited by mscdivina2016

Just now, mscdivina2016 said:

So we are aware that MSC is being secretive. What are our options? How do they put things back?

Steve

I got nothing for ya there..... My TA has a direct call put into her MSC rep. Hopefully he gets back to her in a timely fashion. I'll share any info once I hear from her. 

For me personally  I want my price honored for a 7 night cruise on any ship that's sails out of Port Canaveral. We can get to PC fairly easily without needing to stay in a hotel. I also think they should throw in some extra onboard credit to make up for the extra unnecessary stress they've inflicted me with. 

11 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

I got nothing for ya there..... My TA has a direct call put into her MSC rep. Hopefully he gets back to her in a timely fashion. I'll share any info once I hear from her. 

For me personally  I want my price honored for a 7 night cruise on any ship that's sails out of Port Canaveral. We can get to PC fairly easily without needing to stay in a hotel. I also think they should throw in some extra onboard credit to make up for the extra unnecessary stress they've inflicted me with. 

Looking at previous canceled cruises by MSC it doesn’t look they did that for them. FCC and a bit of OBC was it. 

Edited by racephoto
darn autocorrect

36 minutes ago, racephoto said:

I saw your post in the FB roll call group. That sounds like just too much ‘fun’ for me. I bet the noise in the cabins under that deck will be incredible, because it’s not gonna be subdued like chamber music LOL. 

The noise right under the pool deck will be atrocious. 

Just now, racephoto said:

Looking at precious canceled cruises by MSC it doesn’t look they did that for them. FCC and a bit of OBC was it. 

We're those cruises canceled for the same reason (charter) or because of COVID? Their terms and conditions state that we need to be offered to be moved to comparable cruise. 

4 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

We're those cruises canceled for the same reason (charter) or because of COVID? Their terms and conditions state that we need to be offered to be moved to comparable cruise. 

They were Covid. It seems like these days those terms and conditions only bind the consumer. Yeah, you can probably prevail if you want to take them to court. But most people don’t have the time, money or inclination to invest in that process. I know I don’t. Not for the few hundred dollars I spent for this cruise anyway.

4 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

This will be a different case.

MSC decided not to bring Armonia over.  They are not canceling the 10/24 cruise so if they cancel us they must give us equal or better or a cash refund.

Armonia is also not on CDC approved ships list.

I also did not see a charter provision in the contract?

They should have cancel Salsa cruise.

I think if we get onboard, we need to make sure they enforce the mask requirement with a vengeance, even at 4am. I assume even the entertainers need masks.

Steve