Harmony TA 10/31 cancelled ... again?

Gracie115

Just read on another forum that a UK resident now on Anthem received an email today from her travel agent that the Harmony TA has been cancelled.  She included a copy of the email from the TA that states they were notified today by Royal that the cruise was cancelled.  No one on the roll call for the ship has received this notice so wondering if it only concerns UK residents or if the whole cruise is cancelled.  Sure would like to know so we can make other plans...  Has anyone here heard anything?

2 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

No e-mail from RCL for me and I had booked direct.  Still on sale on RCL and on a major internet TA that had pulled it the last time it was fake canceled.

At crazy high pricing for a transatlantic..especially compared to other Oasis class ships already currently sailing. You could sail Oasis for 3 weeks B2B2B for the same price same time period. Crazy high pricing has been a sign in the past for future cruises that have got cancelled...just saying.

Edited by bajathree
  • Haha 2

Guest BigRoger

Nothing to see here and nothing to spread around on the word of one person - just destabilises already nervous people about this going to no value…. The one thing we learnt from the ‘is it or isn’t it’ fiasco was that until the email comes it’s just a waste of everyone’s energy…. Better to feel positive and hopeful that spread anxiety and concern

I doubt that any Europeans or Brits will be allowed on the TA (if it´s not cancelled). I don´t think that we are allowed to travel to the US. Lufthansa said today that they don´t expet the USA to open up for us until the end of the year. US airlines don´t expect the opening prior to Thanksgiving.

steamboats

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It will be canceled, not going to have a cruise that long, with no where to drop off passengers if they get covid..

It will come across the pond with crew only.

What are they going to do with the crew who catch covid?  You quarantine them.  Same for passengers.  It's a big ship with plenty of places to quarantine, especially if it's less than 1/2 empty.

8 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

What are they going to do with the crew who catch covid?  You quarantine them.  Same for passengers.  It's a big ship with plenty of places to quarantine, especially if it's less than 1/2 empty.

Sad to say the crew and a paying customer who gets covid is reported much different and the US reporting will bring up fewer red flags if crew only...................It has been preached repeatingly no cruises longer then 7 days.

Bring it over empty, no big deal, a lot less people affected...............Then start the US sailing season.

Edited by Jimbo

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Compared to other TAs inside final payment and current pricing on O class, it kinda is.

$125pp/day to me is not a high price - certainly a heck of a lot less than the B2B2B that was used as the comparable on Oasis:

47 minutes ago, bajathree said:

You could sail Oasis for 3 weeks B2B2B for the same price

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

$125pp/day to me is not a high price - certainly a heck of a lot less than the B2B2B that was used as the comparable on Oasis:

how bout when you add in airfare, pre-night hotel stay in Europe.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Pre COVID, sub $100pppd inside final payment was almost the norm. Currently, Oasis out of NY is well under that.

56 minutes ago, Vegcurry said:

Absolutely bonkers how US residents can travel just about anywhere without it being reciprocated.

I am one U.S. citizen who chooses not to deal with the hassle of foreign travel until at least 2023.   Not worth it to us.  Will obviously be going to foreign ports on our upcoming cruises...but they all leave and return to the U.S.  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Nothing to see here and nothing to spread around on the word of one person - just destabilises already nervous people about this going to no value…. The one thing we learnt from the ‘is it or isn’t it’ fiasco was that until the email comes it’s just a waste of everyone’s energy…. Better to feel positive and hopeful that spread anxiety and concern

Yes, you're right I should have just let that one person's posts fade into obscurity....  We will find out in time one way or the other.... just REALLY would like to know so alternate plans can be made.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sad to say the crew and a paying customer who gets covid is reported much different and the US reporting will bring up fewer red flags if crew only...................It has been preached repeatingly no cruises longer then 7 days.

Bring it over empty, no big deal, a lot less people affected...............Then start the US sailing season.

I thought the 7 day rule had been removed from the CSO. I just scanned through and didn't see any length restrictions but perhaps I'm missing something. It appears all of the Panama Canal cruises are set to sail including my 15 night cruise at the end of October.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

I thought the 7 day rule had been removed from the CSO. I just scanned through and didn't see any length restrictions but perhaps I'm missing something. It appears all of the Panama Canal cruises are set to sail including my 15 night cruise at the end of October.

Yes, the 7 day rule has been done away with. 

• Thanks 1

Guest BigRoger
32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

And we are back….. the world has achieved equilibrium again…. Jimbo is back in the happy house…. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

What's the big deal?  People die on TA's all the time, pre-covid.  Folks booked on this TA are well aware of the risks.  Everyone is vaccinated, and if someone catches it on the TA, there's a 99.999% of recovery.  I hope it sails because I don't think it's such a big deal that everyone is making it out to be.  

• Like 2