Suite lounge drinks on the Oasis

dleahy4444

46 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Here are the exact words from the Oasis concierge e-mail I received today. 

In the Suite Lounge, coffee and tea are available throughout the day; and hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks are available every evening - 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

We are in a CLS on Oasis on 9/19 and we were looking forward to hopping over to the SL for an occasional beer/wine/water.  Time for a social media discussion with Royal. 

Let us know what you find out.  I don't think that the complimentary beer and wine was ever mentioned in the concierge email.  Here's ours from 2 years ago

For your convenience, here is a brief summary of our services:
·  Use of the Suite Lounge located on deck 17 aft.
·  A la Carte breakfast in Coastal Kitchen, Check the Daily Compass for the opening hours, (No reservation required)
·  Continental Breakfast serve in the lounge. Same hours than the Coastal Kitchen.
·  A la carte lunch from 12:00 to 1:30 pm daily  in Coastal Kitchen, Deck 17, (No reservations required)
·  Dinner served in Coastal Kitchen from 05:30 pm to 09:30 pm, Deck 17, (Reservations required)
·  Bar service is available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm in the Suite Lounge, serving a wide array of beverages.
·  Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup with a selection of wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks every evening from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
·  Spa bathrobes for use onboard and upgraded bathroom amenities
·  Exclusive Reception for Suite guests with Senior Officers. (Invitation will be sent to your suite).
·  In Suite Dining. Full Dining Room menu privilege through Room Service, available when the Dining Room is open (For menus, please refer to your stateroom television).
·  Priority reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, Shore Excursions, and Vitality Spa services.
·  Private sun deck with loungers  on deck 17 forward.
·  Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet service Voom (one device person) for the whole cruise duration( Access Codes available in the Suite upon arrival),

·  Show Reservations are not required for all Sky Suite guests . Please show your Sea Pass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time. For Comedy show tickets, please see your Concierge or reserve  through the Royal Caribbean  App.
·  Limited VIP seats for the shows in Royal Theater ( Balcony Section, Deck 5), Studio B (Three front rows on left hand side pavilion) and Aqua Theater (first 2 rows from the top). Please show your Sea Pass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.
·  Priority departure. Please ask your Concierges for more details.

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure the 1% get as much sympathy with this cause as other issues which affect a larger customer base.

Exactly right. This is a first world problem for a very small group of people and no one at RC will care a bit. But, being one of those affected by this change, it is important. I realize this is an unwritten perk, but eliminating it will just be another suite perk that is not available right now and the value of what I am paying for seems to be diminishing every week. I see several things listed in the email just posted that are currently not happening or have changed.

• Like 2

Staying in a suite cost a lot more than an interior or balcony. While the wine and beer from 11-11 is not a listed perk, it was a driving point during the covid restart as a ton of the actually listed perks have been suspended. These perks are suspended while the prices have not. I am not a drinker but 2/5 of my party is. The other 2/5 take medication and pretty much only drink water. So buying 2 drink packages and 3 refresher packages would have been a huge waste of money. We will be eating dinner around 8:30 in CK, that effectively cuts off the added perk of enjoying happy hour with dinner. As cruising as a whole is a first world/1% problem, I have every right to complain. I am not saying they want to drink at 11am but at least have it available for all diner seating.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

Of course In almost 69 years Ive never had a beer or glass of wine at 11:00 in the morning and wouldn’t even if it was available.  

Its 5 o'clock somewhere. 😄

What does the time on the clock have anything to do with anything?  I go by body time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Of course In almost 69 years Ive never had a beer or glass of wine at 11:00 in the morning and wouldn’t even if it was available.  

What does the time on the clock have anything to do with anything?  I go by body time.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

Staying in a suite cost a lot more than an interior or balcony. While the wine and beer from 11-11 is not a listed perk, it was a driving point during the covid restart as a ton of the actually listed perks have been suspended. These perks are suspended while the prices have not. I am not a drinker but 2/5 of my party is. The other 2/5 take medication and pretty much only drink water. So buying 2 drink packages and 3 refresher packages would have been a huge waste of money. We will be eating dinner around 8:30 in CK, that effectively cuts off the added perk of enjoying happy hour with dinner. As cruising as a whole is a first world/1% problem, I have every right to complain. I am not saying they want to drink at 11am but at least have it available for all diner seating.

Agree 100%

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure the 1% get as much sympathy with this cause as other issues which affect a larger customer base.

It’s probably the 1% of the 1%, but that doesn’t matter. Not talking about an uprising, just voicing displeasure with the change. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

Exactly.  We’ve never been on a ship that offered the mid day drinks and have been perfectly satisfied with just the evening hours.  Of course In almost 69 years Ive never had a beer or glass of wine at 11:00 in the morning and wouldn’t even if it was available.  

Neither have I, as best as I can remember 😜. How about 2:30pm, maybe 4:00, possibly 8:30pm, an occasional 10:30pm? 

It’s not just alcohol —— water/soda too. It’s a wonderful amenity if you are in a CL n deck 17. 

mac_tlc

• Like 4

Since this “hidden” benefit is only on Oasis class ships, I don’t see why people are so annoyed. Seems like it should be consistent on all ships for suite passengers and I’ve never expected it while on Anthem or recently on Ovation. 
If I want wine at lunch, I use a drink coupon.  Between my drink coupons and Suite HH, it’s plenty of liquor for me. 

1 minute ago, sixbirches said:

Since this “hidden” benefit is only on Oasis class ships, I don’t see why people are so annoyed. Seems like it should be consistent on all ships for suite passengers and I’ve never expected it while on Anthem or recently on Ovation. 
If I want wine at lunch, I use a drink coupon.  Between my drink coupons and Suite HH, it’s plenty of liquor for me. 

Some suite passengers don't have drink coupons (not >= Diamond).

3 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

Not everyone has drink coupons though and some of us never will. I know first hand that this has been the custom on Oasis class ships for more than 5 years, so yes I am annoyed.

• Like 2

This is my take on this: When booking a stateroom I consider the type of experience that I expect based on past cruises. In the past I have sailed  in the suite class on Oasis, Allure and Symphony. Each time beer and wine were available in the Suites lounge throughout the day. When I booked my suite, (and paid suite prices) on my upcoming cruise on Oasis I assumed it would be the same experience. It seems that they have discontinued this practice without any notice. Not a big deal, but still it would have been nice to know before hand. It probably would not have changed my decision to book a suite, but I like to know what to expect.  In the past I have booked suites on several other ships knowing full well that complimentary drinks would be limited to happy hour. I still booked the suite, but I knew what to expect when I booked it. It is not about whether or not to have a drink at noon. I’m on vacation and if I want a glass of wine at lunch I’ll have it, and if it isn’t comped I’ll just pay for it. Again not a big deal. 

I really don’t care about suite lounge wine , it’s really cheap , stuff that sells for under 5 a bottle, dislike that water is only during happy hour, also in the past happy hour was always 3.5 hours looks like it’s now 3 hours , I will continue to buy the drink package.

RC booted Pinnacles out of the Suite Lounge to give Suite passengers a better experience.  

Taking away the water/soda/beer/wine 11-11 hours detracts from the Suite experience.

It just doesn't make sense to me.  (and I do not bother booking suites since I travel solo and that would be rather excessive, IMO.  😉 )

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

Me neither but I loved that benefit on Celebrity while in a suite (but they have quality booze).   I was hitting that champagne in the lounge at 11 for sure.  I barely even drink at home except for the occasional beer after yard work.  I'm glad I cancelled my Oasis cruise for November.  Will just have to wait until things go back to "normal" if that ever happens.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sixbirches said:

But if this was truly a suite benefit, why would it only be offered on Oasis class? 
I have never experienced this, since we sail mostly on Anthem, and was recently on an Alaska cruise on Ovation. 
So, I’m not feeling a loss at this time. 

Because only the Oasis class ships have a Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen venue with a full bar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

A bit confused...So can I or not get a Coco Cola in the SL on Harmony in the afternoon?

You certainly can IF:

1) You pay for it , or,

2) You have a drink package that includes it, or

3) You use one of your drink vouchers if you have them 

mac_tlc

• Like 2