Question about pré cruise testing

chelseabelsea

Marc don’t forget time zones. Believe you are actually 68 hours prior to boarding because of time zones. You are fine but people need to be aware and calculate fir the time in the identical time zone as boarding. Could make a big difference for people traveling west to board. 

need to determine the time in your embarkation port for time for your test and don’t forget delays in boarding could reduce your margin so suggest making sure at least 4 to 5 hours leeway. 

Edited by rallydave
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Looking for confirmation that I am ok or a redirection if needed.

We board Splendour in Miami on 17 December; boarding time is 1230.

I have scheduled antigen tests for 14 December at 1530, 69 hours before boarding.  Except for fact that antigen tests could have higher false positive (or false negative) than PCR test, is there any reason that I should try to schedule PCR test instead of keeping with antigen tests?

thanks,

Marc

Marc,

While boarding time is relevant for cruises beginning on or after January 17, 2022, it doesn't matter for cruises prior to that date.  As I read the rules, for travel within the US, you only have to take an optional PCR or Antigen test within 72 hours prior to the date you leave home to travel to the ship. So any time in the three days before the day you leave for the ship complies with the rules. Assuming you're flying to Miami on the 16th or 17th, taking the test any time on the 13th or 14th respectively would work. Rallydave is probably correct for cruises on or after January 17, 2022.

Other than a possibly greater chance of a false positive result from an Antigen test, I don't see the need for a PCR test.

Dave

• Thanks 1

So maybe on Thursday....We might find out what effect the "Omicron Variant" might have on our own near-term cruising??  So far, sketchy news articles only seem to be talking about the possible impact to folks arriving from "overseas" on airplanes.  But in December and early January, Regent cruise ships will also be arriving (back) into the U.S. after visiting foreign countries (Caribbean and Central America), as well.  Will those of us on those cruises also need to undergo further testing (onboard) a day before docking in the U.S......and will we U.S. citizens also have to "self-quarantine" for 7 days (with further testing required) before we can "escape" from our own homes?  Perhaps we'll know soon.  Regards. 

I'm also wondering if we will be allowed to travel onward to our homes (assuming it requires flights or other public transportation) prior to self quarantine. I understand Regent had a big management meeting this afternoon on what might change as a result and my TA thinks we will have updates soon.

Another tidbit: Regent ships are all sailing at a reduced capacity through Q1 2022 already. My TA said he sailed and it was absolutely wonderful with no cutbacks and almost a private yacht feel.

Crossing my fingers.

Greg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BBWC said:

The new 1 day testing rule will only apply to arriving in the US by air, same as the current rule. There will be no quarantine requirement.

The quarantine requirement is being discussed for implementation in a week or two - they were not expected to announce it today. It's still on the table unfortunately.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/11/30/omicron-stricter-travel-rules-us-entry/

"The self quarantine-related measures are not in that draft but could be added later if the proposals win broader sign-off, said the officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the order has not been finalized."

Edited by Pcardad

So much for results of NCLH 100% vaccinated crew and passengers commitment:

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-health-louisiana-new-orleans-1f8edb74567df1abdbc29161d800056f

With less than 15 days until my departure; I can't even cancel under Regent Reassurance if NCLH responded with a knee-jerk mask mandate or further restrictions on cruise experience.

edited to add;  Probably much ado about nothing; I still worry about the additional testing giving false positives.  I hope they only test at debarkation when there has been an "outbreak."

Edited by mrlevin

Just now, mrlevin said:

So much for results of NCLH 100% vaccinated crew and passengers commitment:

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-health-louisiana-new-orleans-1f8edb74567df1abdbc29161d800056f

All crew and passengers are vaccinated. Everyone knows there will be breakthrough cases just as everyone knows the Omicron strain will find its way into every corner of the world. This is life now...don't stop living out of fear and don't expect to be safe in a bubble.

• Like 3

On 12/1/2021 at 10:22 PM, gcorgain said:

I'm also wondering if we will be allowed to travel onward to our homes (assuming it requires flights or other public transportation) prior to self quarantine. I understand Regent had a big management meeting this afternoon on what might change as a result and my TA thinks we will have updates soon.

Another tidbit: Regent ships are all sailing at a reduced capacity through Q1 2022 already. My TA said he sailed and it was absolutely wonderful with no cutbacks and almost a private yacht feel.

Crossing my fingers.

Greg

We are traveling on Regent in January and the Regent rep we spoke to said the ship is fully booked except for the rooms set aside for quarantine. I hope you are correct; I would much prefer sailing on a reduced passenger ship l.

I only know what my TA said (80%). He did work for Regent for 13 years and has good contacts. Also I noticed that about 2 months ago on my sailings all the f,g, and h, cabin availability disappeared at once. I’m hoping that is why. 

On 12/1/2021 at 10:22 PM, gcorgain said:

Crossing my fingers.

Greg

Hope this is true.  We will see how long the testing will take before boarding in Miami on the 8th. of Dec.  Have been reading that Oceania cruise out of Miami a few days ago was a nightmare.  Took a few hours of waiting in the hot sun to board.  Same company.  Hope they have learned something.  They are usually very good.