Question about pré cruise testing

chelseabelsea

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

...subject to Your providing verification satisfactory to Us of results of tests administered by providers other than those retained by Us.

So Regent's own test results are not legally enough to entitle a person with a Positive Covid result to obtain a refund from Regent?

So, Regent's test says positive and they deny you boarding.  But your test from a "provider other than those retained by" Regent, is negative.  Therefore no FCC/refund?  I don't see how they can deny boarding and not recognize that as sufficient...

2 minutes ago, Portolan said:

So, Regent's test says positive and they deny you boarding.  But your test from a "provider other than those retained by" Regent, is negative.  Therefore no FCC/refund?  I don't see how they can deny boarding and not recognize that as sufficient...

Exactly.

On 9/29/2021 at 3:34 PM, DaveFr said:

It’s also important to ensure that the language of the Ticket Contract does not conflict with the Sailsafe Health & Safety Program section of the website. The Ticket Contract expressly provides that if there is a conflict, the language of the website controls.

Dave

@DaveFr you are correct – the policies on www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols are updated in lieu of continually updating the Ticket Contract.

To answer your other questions (I think I have them all!), we do not specify the type of pre-travel test (PCR vs Antigen), just that it needs to be performed by a registered provider (any third party such as a pharmacy, mobile government test site, etc.) that includes in the results all of the below.

·         Your test result must be in English.

·         You must provide the original test result notification that includes the following information:

o    Your name, which should match the name on your travel documents

o    Your date of birth or age

o    The result of the test

o    The date the test sample was collected or received by the test provider

o    The name of the test provider and their contact details

o    Confirmation of the type of test provided

Please note that as many of these requirements are changing rapidly, we are now e-mailing travel agents and guests on our closest-in sailings both pre-cruise requirements and entry requirements to the countries the cruise will be visiting. Thank you for your patience and understanding – and we look forward to welcoming you all onboard!

Jennefer 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Jennefer for clarifying again.  I’m sorry to have to do this again and ask clarifying questions but things are still not clear.  Here are the topics that I would ask you to provide further details:

- timelines for testing positive - contract says 14 days but the website FAQ now says 72 hours. Is it actually 14 days?

- PCR vs Antigen - your reply above says Antigen test is acceptable, however the FAQ references PCR test as follows:

• Regent strongly encourages all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test at home, three (3) days prior to traveling to the ship, as an added precaution. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a COVID-19 Antigen test at home, prior to travel.

- The updated FAQ wording implies that a guest will be refunded/FCC based on a Regent embarkation positive test. So does this mean if a guest does not get their own pre-test 72 hours from travelling that they will be still eligible for a refund/FCC?  

Apologies for nit picking on all of these details, but as you can see from everyone’s response to this thread, these are very important details for Regent passengers to clearly understand before committing to travel. Speaking for myself only, and understanding that things do rapidly change, it is getting rather tiring having to do all this work to understand Regents policies. It’s not exactly encouraging future bookings. 

Many thanks 

I want to thank Jennifer Teegan for her clarification of policies.  I think that the issue is that the TC is a legal document crafted by lawyers to protect Regent.  The FAQ’s and the safety protocols are the attempts to explain the TC to the Regent passenger.  The problem is that they aren’t completely synced.  There is more wiggle room in the FAQ’s, it seems, but a dispute for a refund or FCC would default to the TC, correct? 

2 hours ago, forgap said:

I want to thank Jennifer Teegan for her clarification of policies.  I think that the issue is that the TC is a legal document crafted by lawyers to protect Regent.  The FAQ’s and the safety protocols are the attempts to explain the TC to the Regent passenger.  The problem is that they aren’t completely synced.  There is more wiggle room in the FAQ’s, it seems, but a dispute for a refund or FCC would default to the TC, correct? 

Yes

21 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Certainly an excellent and easy to understand document .............. but it only covers cruises sailing before the end of 2021

It appears to offer very similar reassurance to that offered by Regent, but using clearer wording.

Edited by flossie009

Good morning everyone! The testing before you leave home is required for many countries, and for those countries you should ensure that whichever test you are taking meets the requirements of that country (and we are sharing those requirements with guests booked on those voyages a few weeks before travel). For countries that do not have a testing entry requirement, we strongly advise guests to take a test (PCR or Antigen from a registered test provider) to avoid travelling while positive. Further, if you test positive at the pier and are denied boarding, proof of a negative test result within three days before travelling from home is required should your insurance not cover your travelling expense to the ship and back home, and you wish for us to reimburse you for that portion of your travel.

@Pcardad and @Portolan – If you test negative before travelling from home and then subsequently test positive at the pier, and your insurance denies your claim or you do not have insurance, you will receive an FCC/refund regardless of your negative test before leaving home.

@Sunprince – the FAQs are correct. If a guest does not get a test prior to leaving home and tests positive at the pier, they will be issued an FCC/refund for the cruise fare if insurance denies your claim or you do not have insurance. But again, for reasons posted above, we strongly suggest you do take a test before leaving home.

@forgap - @DaveFR’s earlier post accurately describes why the Ticket Contract and FAQ are out of sync, and they will remain out of sync, which is why the Ticket Contract references the FAQs. The situation is so fluid that updating the FAQs as things evolve can be done quickly, versus making frequent changes to the Ticket Contract. The FAQs on the Safety Protocols page more accurately reflect current policies than the Ticket Contract.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we navigate these challenging times! 

Jennefer 

Jennefer Teegen | Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty
P: +1 954.940.7217 | 😄 352.870.8279

jteegen@rssc.com| www.rssc.com

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

7300 Corporate Drive, Miami  FL 33126

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Good morning everyone! The testing before you leave home is required for many countries, and for those countries you should ensure that whichever test you are taking meets the requirements of that country (and we are sharing those requirements with guests booked on those voyages a few weeks before travel). For countries that do not have a testing entry requirement, we strongly advise guests to take a test (PCR or Antigen from a registered test provider) to avoid travelling while positive. Further, if you test positive at the pier and are denied boarding, proof of a negative test result within three days before travelling from home is required should your insurance not cover your travelling expense to the ship and back home, and you wish for us to reimburse you for that portion of your travel.

@Pcardad and @Portolan – If you test negative before travelling from home and then subsequently test positive at the pier, and your insurance denies your claim or you do not have insurance, you will receive an FCC/refund regardless of your negative test before leaving home.

@Sunprince – the FAQs are correct. If a guest does not get a test prior to leaving home and tests positive at the pier, they will be issued an FCC/refund for the cruise fare if insurance denies your claim or you do not have insurance. But again, for reasons posted above, we strongly suggest you do take a test before leaving home.

@forgap - @DaveFR’s earlier post accurately describes why the Ticket Contract and FAQ are out of sync, and they will remain out of sync, which is why the Ticket Contract references the FAQs. The situation is so fluid that updating the FAQs as things evolve can be done quickly, versus making frequent changes to the Ticket Contract. The FAQs on the Safety Protocols page more accurately reflect current policies than the Ticket Contract.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we navigate these challenging times! 

Jennefer 

Thank you for taking time to explain the testing and FCC/refund issue. I feel much more comfortable about it.

Hopefully Regent can soon drop the mask requirement on board unless required  by the port of call..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Jennefer 

Thanks! Would you consider answering any of the following for us? We would like to know what product we are buying if you are comfortable sharing the on-board reality..

1. Where, exactly, are masks required. Will this change based on destination? What destinations have what rules?

2. Are you allowed to sit at the bars?

3. Are you allowed to leave the ship on your own or only on Regent excursions?

4. How are you handling passengers meeting up with friends and family in different ports we stop at? 

Thank you for taking the time to answer...we have ben waiting a long time for someone to tell us what is going on and we appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Thanks! Would you consider answering any of the following for us? We would like to know what product we are buying if you are comfortable sharing the on-board reality..

1. Where, exactly, are masks required. Will this change based on destination? What destinations have what rules?

2. Are you allowed to sit at the bars?

3. Are you allowed to leave the ship on your own or only on Regent excursions?

4. How are you handling passengers meeting up with friends and family in different ports we stop at? 

Thank you for taking the time to answer...we have ben waiting a long time for someone to tell us what is going on and we appreciate it.

@Pcardad sure, here is our current position on your questions.... 

1. Where, exactly, are masks required. Will this change based on destination? What destinations have what rules? It will be best to continue to check the FAQs as this is definitely an ever-evolving situation. As mentioned previously, we are also communicating cruise-specific details to travel agents and guests on each individual sailing a few weeks prior to departure to ensure everyone has the very latest information.

2. Are you allowed to sit at the bars? This varies by destination and will be communicated onboard.

3. Are you allowed to leave the ship on your own or only on Regent excursions? This protocol too varies by destination and will be communicated to travel agents and guests as their voyage approaches.

4. How are you handling passengers meeting up with friends and family in different ports we stop at? If the port allows for independent exploration on shore, guests are of course welcome to do as they wish so long as they are following local regulations. We are not currently allowing for visitors to come aboard the ship while in any port.

As you can see, so many things vary by cruise, that is why we have taken the approach to reach out to travel agents and guests on every sailing with these more specific details. We look forward to a time when things are back to “normal” and as always, thank you for your patience and understanding!

Jenn 

P: +1 954.940.7217 | C: 352.870.8279

Edited by Jennefer Teegen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

@Pcardad sure, here is our current position on your questions.... 

1. Where, exactly, are masks required. Will this change based on destination? What destinations have what rules? It will be best to continue to check the FAQs as this is definitely an ever-evolving situation. As mentioned previously, we are also communicating cruise-specific details to travel agents and guests on each individual sailing a few weeks prior to departure to ensure everyone has the very latest information.

2. Are you allowed to sit at the bars? This varies by destination and will be communicated onboard.

3. Are you allowed to leave the ship on your own or only on Regent excursions? This protocol too varies by destination and will be communicated to travel agents and guests as their voyage approaches.

4. How are you handling passengers meeting up with friends and family in different ports we stop at? If the port allows for independent exploration on shore, guests are of course welcome to do as they wish so long as they are following local regulations. We are not currently allowing for visitors to come aboard the ship while in any port.

As you can see, so many things vary by cruise, that is why we have taken the approach to reach out to travel agents and guests on every sailing with these more specific details. We look forward to a time when things are back to “normal” and as always, thank you for your patience and understanding!

Jenn 

Thank you. As a client with hundreds of nights as well as a TA, we look forward to getting back on board. We have lost 13 personal trips due to Covid and we hope to find things back to NORMAL ASAP...or at least know what to expect in time to decide if we are willing to accept the NEW normal or not. Thank you for being the best line of communication that we have seen in 18 months.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

First of all, I also think that Jennifer's participation here is a great step forward. I also "self insure". I'm wondering how you prove that you don't have insurance as there won't be a denial to submit...

Greg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gcorgain said:

First of all, I also think that Jennifer's participation here is a great step forward. I also "self insure". I'm wondering how you prove that you don't have insurance as there won't be a denial to submit...

Greg

Yes, I was sort of wondering about that myself??

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 5:39 PM, Portolan said:

The " gold standard" is the PCR test. The antigen test has both many false + and false - results. Plus both tests are only as good as the person administering it. Many factors contribute to invalid results. As a HCP, I am always suspect when a pt. states, "I had covid but I had no S & S". I am disappointed to hear Regent is using an antigen test. I wish they would state which company they use for testing. Certain companies have higher false +. Those are the cheaper tests.

12 minutes ago, melbox4 said:

The " gold standard" is the PCR test. The antigen test has both many false + and false - results. Plus both tests are only as good as the person administering it. Many factors contribute to invalid results. As a HCP, I am always suspect when a pt. states, "I had covid but I had no S & S". I am disappointed to hear Regent is using an antigen test. I wish they would state which company they use for testing. Certain companies have higher false +. Those are the cheaper tests.

Is there an OTC self-test that you suggest?

13 minutes ago, melbox4 said:

Abbott

Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test (2 tests for serial testing)

The PCR doesn't seem to be available OTC, just the Antigen test...But at $13 for 2 tests, I will use it before we leave and before we get a proper test. Ty!

Edited by Pcardad

On 9/30/2021 at 10:45 AM, Jennefer Teegen said:

Hi, 

Yes I am the Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty. I will ensure my CC account is verified. To avoid any confusion, I can confirm that if you test positive prior to leaving home within three days of embarkation and have to cancel, or you test positive at the pier the day of embarkation, you should submit a claim to your insurance provider. If your insurance provider denies your claim, or if you do not have insurance, you may submit proof of the denial of claim along with the positive test from a registered provider, and we will refund your cruise fare. We are going to add an FAQ to the website to ensure this is clear. Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!

Thank you.  This helps.  Now, for clarification, should the test be administered within three days of leaving home, or should you have a test result within three days of leaving home?  For a PCR test, this can make a difference.

27 minutes ago, ysolde said:

Thank you.  This helps.  Now, for clarification, should the test be administered within three days of leaving home, or should you have a test result within three days of leaving home?  For a PCR test, this can make a difference.

It sounds like within 3 days of getting on the ship AND prior to leaving home.

Gone are the days of leaving for the cruise 2 weeks early?

9 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

It sounds like within 3 days of getting on the ship AND prior to leaving home.

Gone are the days of leaving for the cruise 2 weeks early?

Not really, you just have to coordinate testing, probably multiple times.

But you've got me thinking.  Assuming things don't change drastically by next summer (an we all know they probably will), we will have to get tested to fly to Denmark from Canada, then test again in Copenhagen before we board the ship.  Hmm.  This does get complicated.

• Like 1