I resent the way Royal treats its Junior Suite Guests

adolfo2

1 minute ago, BigRoger said:

? For us the surreal moment was keeping wondering ‘will they let us off at Malaga…?’ If they do we are not going to be a Covid ghost ship, if they announce we can’t get off….. then worry…. We managed to get out fine at lunchtime for BCN to the UK… after that…

We never should have stopped in Malaga. But we had a great time in Cordoba

We had a concierge on Freedom in 2008, Francois. We loved him but his frustration showed with constant interruptions of knocking on the door to the lounge. JR suite passengers had been told access to the lounge was a perk. He spent a lot of time explaining and turning people away.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

I’m not trying to make this a big deal.  I have not had to knock before.  However, I read the original post and did feel empathetic.  Not everyone is comfortable bringing attention to themselves in any way.  I’m a retired AF Lt Col.  I’ve deployed a bunch and been way outside my comfort zone many times.   I’ve also lead thousands of troops in my several command tours…including running convoy ops in Afghanistan.  I just don’t like the snide comments in here.  It’s fine to have a bit of fun with each other, but some people are mean and grouchy.  I’ve been mostly a lurker for years.  Seems people have gotten meaner since covid quarantine times.

Not sure what your job history and being out of your comfort zone has anything to do with other people being out of theirs, but hubby is a retired Navy Captain and he would never compare his past job history and his comfort zone to others. Just saying.

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not sure what your job history and being out of your comfort zone has anything to do with other people being out of theirs, but hubby is a retired Navy Captain and he would never compare his past job history and his comfort zone to others. Just saying.

I was answering a question as myself in my own way.  Guess we’re all different.  Makes America great.  Why so mean and grouchy?

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I personally LOVE that I get double points for my 'larger than a balcony cabin' cabin, along with the opportunity to visit CK.  And all for pricing lower than a 'real' suite. 😃  Guess I'm just a Pollyanna.  🙃

No, let's not just reclassify it as  balcony. 

We are totally opposite, while I would love the double points, not worth paying at least double what a balcony costs.  We are almost Pinnacle and have got there the hard way, nothing above balconies in all the years we have cruised except once when my friend treated us to a Star Suite.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

I was answering a question as myself in my own way.  Guess we’re all different.  Makes America great.  Why so mean and grouchy?

I'm not mean and grouchy. Your response about all of your job descriptions seemed like nothing but bragging and it didn't seem to have anything do with the original post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChC said:

The star and sky rooms are so nice with so much space, why would anyone go to the suite sun deck? I think OP has a point about the sun deck/lounge.

Coastal kitchen I agree with other posters.

Many of the Sky cabins don't get full sun. Some Star cabins don't have balconies.

Or maybe they want a bar

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Many of the Sky cabins don't get full sun. Some Star cabins don't have balconies.

Or maybe they want a bar

I would never sit on a balcony all day.  Want to be at the pool, watching people, having a drink,  and having a great time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm not mean and grouchy. Your response about all of your job descriptions seemed like nothing but bragging and it didn't seem to have anything do with the original post.

The question seemed to indicate that I’m a bit of a baby or something.  My response gave evidence that I’m not.  Wasn’t about bragging…just trying to qualify my response with a bit of support.  It’s not like my profile picture has me in uniform or something…and I’m not trying to wear my husbands rank like so many spouses tend to do……

On the other hand…my hubby was Navigator of the Year 1992….dropped the only bunker buster bomb to hit its target during Desert Storm. (Only 2 dropped in entire war…last day of war as other side gave up after).  Was invited on all the news talk shows but declined because he (we) are generally modest…..now I’m bragging…about my husband.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We are totally opposite, while I would love the double points, not worth paying at least double what a balcony costs.  We are almost Pinnacle and have got there the hard way, nothing above balconies in all the years we have cruised except once when my friend treated us to a Star Suite.

JS we have booked are not at least double the cost of a balcony.  We would never even consider booking a JS if it was that high, we would stay with a balcony or not sail if everything was too high.  It is all about opportunity, if I find a cheap price for a JS on a sailing we are booking, I will book it.  I have a price that I will pay but I have even skipped that price when we can get a super cheap balcony.  We go up to a full suite at times, especially if we know we aren't going to be able to cruise a lot that year.

• Like 1

Seriously, why don't we all accept someone else's opinion if it is describing how they feel about their experience?

Is this forum becoming divided like the political parties of today?

It is easy to find fault with things you don't agree with. 

People make suggestions and ask for opinions. Instead of trying to provide value added,  people immediately disagree with the suggestion. 

Then you have those that  try to control the boards. 

Why not make this more positive and try to understand we are all here to try to help each other with answers rather than criticism.

Remember, we are all interested in cruising, beating C19 and may meet on a future cruise.

Stay safe and happy cruising!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

JS we have booked are not at least double the cost of a balcony.  We would never even consider booking a JS if it was that high, we would stay with a balcony or not sail if everything was too high.  It is all about opportunity, if I find a cheap price for a JS on a sailing we are booking, I will book it.  I have a price that I will pay but I have even skipped that price when we can get a super cheap balcony.  We go up to a full suite at times, especially if we know we aren't going to be able to cruise a lot that year.

yeah they are WAY higher than a balcony which is why we don't do them.  We are totally happy with a balcony and see no reason for the price of a JS.  Give you an example.  Our Oasis for Dec 2022 is $862 pp. A JS is $1774 pp, totally not worth it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

The question seemed to indicate that I’m a bit of a baby or something.  My response gave evidence that I’m not.  Wasn’t about bragging…just trying to qualify my response with a bit of support.  It’s not like my profile picture has me in uniform or something…and I’m not trying to wear my husbands rank like so many spouses tend to do……

On the other hand…my hubby was Navigator of the Year 1992….dropped the only bunker buster bomb to hit its target during Desert Storm. (Only 2 dropped in entire war…last day of war as other side gave up after).  Was invited on all the news talk shows but declined because he (we) are generally modest…..now I’m bragging…about my husband.  

I didn't see anyone referring to you as a baby. I just thought it was very odd you mentioned your past history (which you have posted before) when it had nothing to do with what the op had said. That was the only reason I mentioned hubby's rank and I figured you could guess what some of his past job history was like. Basically saying neither has anything to do with the original post. The planes he flew didn't drop bombs nor do the ones he flies now.

With that being said thanks to you and your hubby for your service. Back to the op and him/her being demanded. 🥂

2 minutes ago, karena1 said:

yeah they are WAY higher than a balcony which is why we don't do them.  We are totally happy with a balcony and see no reason for the price of a JS.  Give you an example.  Our Oasis for Dec 2022 is $862 pp. A JS is $1774 pp, totally not worth it.

Good example.  That is not a JS I would book, benefits aren't worth the price, even for sea class.  Only time I have paid that high for a JS is Radiance in Alaska, we wanted 1100, so paid the premium to get it.  If the $862 is an oceanview balcony, that is a nice price.  If that is only a neighborhood balcony, no thank you.  Better prices for JS do exist, it just depends on the port and time of year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn't see anyone referring to you as a baby. I just thought it was very odd you mentioned your past history (which you have posted before) when it had nothing to do with what the op had said. That was the only reason I mentioned hubby's rank and I figured you could guess what some of his past job history was like. Basically saying neither has anything to do with the original post. The planes he flew didn't drop bombs nor do the ones he flies now.

With that being said thanks to you and your hubby for your service. Back to the op and him/her being demanded. 🥂

✌️

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Good example.  That is not a JS I would book, benefits aren't worth the price, even for sea class.  Only time I have paid that high for a JS is Radiance in Alaska, we wanted 1100, so paid the premium to get it.  If the $862 is an oceanview balcony, that is a nice price.  If that is only a neighborhood balcony, no thank you.  Better prices for JS do exist, it just depends on the port and time of year.

Every cruise I have booked the JS is WAY higher than the balcony I have booked.  I watch prices all the time and if they go down where I could get a JS for super cheap I would, but rarely see that happen.  And yes, we never book anything but ocean view balconies.  Never a neighhborhood, we want to see the water from our balcony.

Edited by karena1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

Can’t wait till I get on Harmony in October….. I’m going to get onto my knees and put my face against the window of the door and plead for the bread rolls……. We only have an ocean view balcony this time…. But I will doff my cloth cap if I spot anyone coming out….

You reminded me of the tail end of this Mervyn's commercial of yore:

4 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Every cruise I have booked the JS is WAY higher than the balcony I have booked.  I watch prices all the time and if they go down where I could get a JS for super cheap I would, but rarely see that happen.  And yes, we never book anything but ocean view balconies.  Never a neighhborhood, we want to see the water from our balcony.

We play the suite guaranty game a lot on Anthem.  We usually get a JS but lucked out once with a 2 bedroom grand suite.  We don't mind any of the JS locations on that class of ship, so we roll the dice.  I wouldn't do that on Voyager class or Freedom class because I don't want one of those center aft JS on a lower deck behind that big space.

5 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

This is a First World problem, but I don’t like the way that “SEA Class / Junior Suite” guests are treated onboard

No access to Suite Sun Deck or Lounge, no breakfast or lunch in Coastal Kitchen (dinner only if/when space is available) is limiting enough BUT having to knock/scratch at the Coastal door when you have reservations & your keycard doesn’t grant access is demeaning.

Yes, I know, cry me a river, but IMHO, Royal should “recharacterize” Junior Suites as Jumbo Balconies and be done with it as the JS category is all Bark and no Bite! 

7DB86725-CE5B-4836-8E8A-3105985A7265.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2