Are drink vouchers available to use immediately?

Envelope21

We haven't sailed on Royal in over 2 years. I seem to recall that back in the day, the Diamond Happy Hour was only available in the evening and was not open on embarkation day. Now that there are drink vouchers loaded on your key card, can they be used as soon as you board the ship?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

We haven't sailed on Royal in over 2 years. I seem to recall that back in the day, the Diamond Happy Hour was only available in the evening and was not open on embarkation day. Now that there are drink vouchers loaded on your key card, can they be used as soon as you board the ship?

Yes

20 minutes ago, Willard23 said:

We were told the safety briefing had to be completed before your drink vouchers are "unlocked".

We were told the onboard sea pass account was frozen until we checked in at the muster station. Didn’t test it. so easy to do the muster thing with the new method. 

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think out of Galveston if used before international waters, you will be charged tax.

No, they just have limited selection. 

I ask because there’s a few drinks, like the ones at Boleros, that cost $14. They would just charge you the $1 difference if you had the drink package. If a double normally costs $12-15, which I’ve seen in the past, will they charge two or let you use a voucher and pay the difference if more than $13. 

41 minutes ago, die_hard said:

Can anyone tell me if you order a double, is that considered one drink (if still $13 or less) or is it considered two?

If you order a shot like a whiskey neat and ask for a double that will use two vouchers.  

If you order a drink like a long island iced tea which is basically multiple shots of different liquors then its one drink voucher.

It's basically like a mini drink package and it mimics the drink package rules. Drinks over the limit are charged the difference just like the drink package.

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, timcreech said:

Are there any vouchers available on debarkation day?  For fresh Orange Juice?

Drink vouchers are loaded to your seapass daily and expire at midnight so I’m assuming your final day’s vouchers would expire at midnight on the last night of your cruise leaving none to use of debarkation day.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We weren’t charged any tax out of Florida.

Only if you "purchased" a drink you would be charged Florida tax before you departed and entered international waters.  

We were on a sailing out of FLL.  A friend prior to sailing at the sunset bar ordered drinks and had the bartender run a tab.  He cashed out once they entered international waters so he didn't have to pay the Florida sales tax.  Lesson learned.  If you have a drink package or using your coupons, you don't have to worry.

• Thanks 1

Do the Diamond Vouchers show up on the account part of the app , $0.00 or whatever as they are used?  I can imagine that "Some People" might lose track at some point.... and not remember clearly each previous voucher use, previous day, previous week, etc.

17 minutes ago, MikeandRon said:

Do the Diamond Vouchers show up on the account part of the app , $0.00 or whatever as they are used?  I can imagine that "Some People" might lose track at some point.... and not remember clearly each previous voucher use, previous day, previous week, etc.

You only need to keep track of use for the current day; they are use them or lose them.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:14 AM, Sea Viewer said:

Yes, I was able to use my boarding pass on my phone to get my traditional glass of prosecco at lunch even before I was able to get my seapass.

Mary

Then you must have been on a ship that their in your cabin instead of getting them at terminal checkin.

• Like 1