COVID SHOT VERIFICATION CARD - missing batch/lot numbers

Larryhnj

We are currently on a cruise ship but almost missed the “boat”. We were called to Guest Services after we boarded. Apparently our Moderna shot records on our Covid immunization card was missing the batch/lot number of the serum they used for one of our shots.  Luckily we had sailed on this ship a couple of weeks before, and they had copies of our paperwork showing we had already been cleared the first time on the ship. Otherwise, our Covid immunization card could have been determined to be “fake” and we might have been taken off the ship.  

The solution to this problem is to contact  your local health department or pharmacy where you received your vaccination and get a printout that will show the lot number of the vaccine you took.  DO NOT alter your Covid vaccine card. Just attach the printout to your card. 

This is very IMPORTANT.  We have no idea if this was a random check and we just hit the profile or they are checking everyone’s card.  Good luck.

Larry and Darlene 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I work in my hospital’s medical records department and scan CDC Covid Vaccination Cards nearly every day. You’d probably NOT be surprised at how badly these are being filled out by the “health professionals” administering the shots. It blows me away. Some the handwriting is barely even legible if at all. I’m lucky that the facility I work in uses printed labels and gives you a hard copy printout of the lot/batch information as back-up just in case. 

• Thanks 1

Just to be safe, I got a replacement card from the facility that gave me my shot.  I showed them my card and they also thought the birth year was actually different.  Apparently, whoever wrote 1944 made it look like 1947.  Did not want to have any difficulty at the port.

If you live in NJ, you can get an app called docket which you can retrieve your covid vaccine info.  Someone posted about it here a while back so I actually have it as well as the card plus a printout from the state.  My daughter just used it at college to get a reduction off her tuition as I hold onto all the family vaccine cards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

If you live in NJ, you can get an app called docket which you can retrieve your covid vaccine info.  Someone posted about it here a while back so I actually have it as well as the card plus a printout from the state.  My daughter just used it at college to get a reduction off her tuition as I hold onto all the family vaccine cards.

I was just about to post that too.

I have used docket and have a printout from the state as backups.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

In VA, because we got our shot through the Health Dept, it's registered with the state.  Not only do we have access to the official record on the site, VA now has an app.

Florida has a similar site, but it is open to all shot providers (i.e., all shots providers enter data into the site) This way any shot you have in FL is recorded and searchable (no handwriting to decipher!). It is helpful in looking up if someone had the XYZ shot and don't remember when (or if). 

6 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Florida has a similar site, but it is open to all shot providers (i.e., all shots providers enter data into the site) This way any shot you have in FL is recorded and searchable (no handwriting to decipher!). It is helpful in looking up if someone had the XYZ shot and don't remember when (or if). 

Most in our county got theirs at the same location.  A closed Nordstrom at our local mall was used by the health dept and gave the vast majority of shots, especially before pharmacies got them.  Even then, they were able to give a lot.  I'm not sure about posting of shots from other providers, but they're probably on the site too.  I just know for a fact that ours are since we went to the mall site.  

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Most in our county got theirs at the same location.  A closed Nordstrom at our local mall was used by the health dept and gave the vast majority of shots, especially before pharmacies got them.  Even then, they were able to give a lot.  I'm not sure about posting of shots from other providers, but they're probably on the site too.  I just know for a fact that ours are since we went to the mall site.  

Where did Nordstrom close?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BND said:

The good news is that the shot(s) were recorded.....along with the date and lot number. Your doctor/pharmacist has access to the site and should be able to look things up for you.

We are flying to BCN next month.  I went to photocopy our Vac cards and after a close review, noticed they inverted a couple of letters in my name.  It wasn't obvious unless you looked closely.  I went back to the facility where I received my Vac, and they wrote out a new card for me after verifying all my information.  Concern was passport matching name on card.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Where did Nordstrom close?

Dulles Town Center Mall in Sterling.  Over a year ago.  It was a smaller store than Tyson's.  All the anchor stores there were.  The mall has been sold and is going to become something a little different.  We shall see.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Larryhnj said:

We are currently on a cruise ship but almost missed the “boat”. We were called to Guest Services after we boarded. Apparently our Moderna shot records on our Covid immunization card was missing the batch/lot number of the serum they used for one of our shots.  Luckily we had sailed on this ship a couple of weeks before, and they had copies of our paperwork showing we had already been cleared the first time on the ship. Otherwise, our Covid immunization card could have been determined to be “fake” and we might have been taken off the ship.  

The solution to this problem is to contact  your local health department or pharmacy where you received your vaccination and get a printout that will show the lot number of the vaccine you took.  DO NOT alter your Covid vaccine card. Just attach the printout to your card. 

This is very IMPORTANT.  We have no idea if this was a random check and we just hit the profile or they are checking everyone’s card.  Good luck.

Larry and Darlene 

Someone on my vista cruise last week didnt have a lot number for first shot. She couldnt board until she called louisianna who was open until noon and just barely boarded.

Do check your card.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Site info please.

So, DH just tried to get the app set up for VA.  He requested the code be texted twice and he still hasn't received it.  I'm not going to try until he's successful.  My youngest son is an IT engineer/manager so I understand some of the issues they face that aren't their fault, but wow, the app has been out for a few days.  It's a QR code that can then be scanned into our phones, saved or printed.

17 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Site info please.

The site is called Flshots, but you have to have a login to gain access. It is not available outside healthcare providers, so your doctor/pharmacist will have to look it up for you.

Edited by CaroleSS

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

The info from Docket in NJ does not have the lot numbers, just the date and type of vaccine you received. 

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Thanks for noting.   Will that info be good enough for cruise lines vs the actual vaccination card? 

2 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

The info from Docket in NJ does not have the lot numbers, just the date and type of vaccine you received. 

That is incorrect. Docket does have lot numbers. I have the app, and it shows lot numbers clear as day for both shots.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

In VA, because we got our shot through the Health Dept, it's registered with the state.  Not only do we have access to the official record on the site, VA now has an app.

We received ours at the same location.

What is the name of the App for VA?  Is it for both Android and Apple?